• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 College Park Skyhawks Thread

NBASupes

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I’m excited about Jalen, but willing to be patient.  One of my predictions for this year was Jalen > Cam.  Still think it’s true.  

I'm not talking about giving him 20 minutes a game.  Give him a few minutes every game for a week and if he does well let him play a few more minutes.  If he struggles, then turn him off.  But we can't count on JC and we need someone capable of making an impact off the bench and that isn't Knox, TLC, etc.  Those guys are at best "caretaker" minutes where they fit in and don't make an impact either way.  Lots of rookies have played significant roles in playoff runs even if they didn't play much in the regular season.  

Example:

Tayshaun Prince played

7 minutes in October

6 minutes in December

37 minutes in January

80 minutes in February

38 minutes in March

Then in the playoffs, Prince played 20 mpg in the first round, 30 minutes per game in the second round, and 25 minutes per game in the conference finals because he was making a significant positive impact for the team despite not having played much in the regular season.  

I don't expect that for JJ (he is more raw than Prince) but could JJ give us 10 big impact minutes in a pivotal game?  I am very confident Knox won't give us that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Though not reported by "insiders" my guess is that Nate is being asked/pressured to get as many W's as possible.  I'm convinced Tony Ressler is a win now and win at all costs kind of guy.  He paid to have a top competitive team, got to the ECF, and expects them to play like a higher seed playoff team.  

Jalen is just a casualty of the situation.  However, what that could mean, thinking positively, is that Jalen and Cooper have tons more potential than we have been able to see.  Their development is only slightly hampered by this approach.  

To your point...if we had played them more this season they would be able to contribute to our playoff run.  However, the long game with these guys is far from over.  I still have an optimistic view that one or both will pan out.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I still have an optimistic view that one or both will pan out.  

Me too but I still think there is value in giving them a few developmental minutes to have them as an arrow in your quiver come playoff time.  If the first time they are getting real minutes is in the post-season, you are probably too late.  Doesn't take too many minutes to give them some exposure with the varsity squad but it seems well warranted given the injuries we have had to work around.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If the knock on JJ is that his positioning and movement isn't good, which was the case for a while, then we should have signed Tillman for at least a 10 day while we have injury issues.  The dude would bring much needed energy to this team.  

• Premium Member

Our SkyHawks are currently 13-13, same .500 record as our Hawks (who has another chance to get over .500 today again).

Skyhawks lost their first 8 games of the season and was 1-9 in their first 10 games. Since then they've gone 12-4.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Hang Ten in Grand Rapids tonight!

~lw3

Anyone happen to know the G league longest winning streak ever? I gotta watch these games more. Go college park. Coop is a lil beast. 

• Like 4