• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 College Park Skyhawks Thread

NBASupes

8 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I really don't want for us to rely on a rookie to be a backup PG, but with the play of Lou/Delon, what do we have to lose?

Exactly what Ive been sayin...Give Rife a chance with real NBA players...

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

He's also playing good defense.  At least, much better defense I was lead to believe he could.

I told yall his defense was underrated..He could lock down in Highschool when he wanted to....Most people only saw him in his few games at Auburn...He's way stronger than he looks..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Glad Grant Shirley took this on.  Twitter is losing their minds that JJ isn't getting a chance with the Hawks but it shows how far off a player can be to truly competing at an NBA level.   And you can't just concede buckets in the name of player growth if you're trying to contend.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Glad Grant Shirley took this on.  Twitter is losing their minds that JJ isn't getting a chance with the Hawks but it shows how far off a player can be to truly competing at an NBA level.   And you can't just concede buckets in the name of player growth if you're trying to contend.  

This.

Everyday, we hear give Jalen a chance... bring Jalen up.  This guy doesn't really make the effort to play defense and he has been sort of a blackhole on offense.   His numbers look good but he fails the eye test.   We're not in a position to be given up minutes to somebody that is not going to play in the team concept.   How much does Gansey interact with the Hawks Coaching hierarchy?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, Carmine said:

Oof, squawk would eat him alive if he pulled that in-game.

Not just the Squawk - his teammates too.  Think back to Bruno, sometimes his teammates frustration on missed assignments were very visible.

That said - I'm not opposed to a spot minute session - if he plays well, give him more, if he doesn't sit him - particularly if we need bodies. 

51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Langston Galloway looking like a good signing

He didnt shoot well...He had 7 assists though..But so did Mays and JJ...If he could still shoot, Im thinking the Lakers wouldve already scooped him up..lol. But yeah, he's instant offense when he's on...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
On 12/12/2021 at 8:36 PM, terrell said:

Whew... big time yikes there.  Saved this screenshot for anyone that keeps telling me JJ needs to get some burn.  People really never trust the coaching staff to play guys when they're ready.  Nate is trying to win games, not haze rooks in the G-League.  If it makes sense to play JJ or Coop, im sure he'll play them.  Everyone in the NBA can score but it doesn't matter how well you shoot if you're literally giving up free baskets

image.png

• Like 1