• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De' Andre Hunter out at least two months.

marco102

11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We might need to consider giving Jalen some burn.  At least we know the defensive effort will be there if he gets any minutes, not sure how much worse he can be than Solo on offense

Jalen's looked really lost on defense, but I guess the entire team has for the most part.  If he can get better on that end, there's no reason not to give him some burn.  Give him the OO treatment 5 - 10 minutes here and there. If he improves, give him a little more.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We might need to consider giving Jalen some burn.  At least we know the defensive effort will be there if he gets any minutes, not sure how much worse he can be than Solo on offense

Don't know about that....he has looked lost on defense.  I noted awhile back, the one thing  I'd hate to see are players frustrated with JJ on missed defensive assignments like they often did with Bruno, particularly since we NEED to win games

He maybe able to block  shot ot two but that's about it.

If he gets playing time it should be in limited fashion...if he comes and gives a few positive plays, plays with energy, crash the boards etc...give him a some more spot minutes.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don't know about that....he has looked lost on defense.  I noted awhile back, the one thing  I'd hate to see are players frustrated with JJ on missed defensive assignments like they often did with Bruno, particularly since we NEED to win games

If he gets playing time it should be in limited fashion...if he comes and gives a few positive plays, plays with energy, crash the boards etc...give him a some more spot minutes.

Dude is a rookie that only played like 10 games in college, I'd be shocked if he didn't look lost on defense at first.  I'm hoping with some slow leaks of game time he can get some experience to expedite his learning curve.  I don't really have strong feelings that he gets minutes though like I did with OO.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

8 weeks would put him returning January 10th - that's 26 games.

I'm projecting he returns January 15th at home vs Knicks. (So he'll miss 28 games).

8 weeks is the timetable , but his trust in his body will take longer, as we have already seen so far this season. He has been cleared medically from the knee but his free throw rate is way down, attempts at the rim are way down, rebounding is way down from what he was doing before his injury ten months ago. This just further delays the timeline for him to regain trust in his body and get back to what he was doing before he hurt his knee. I hope you're right though.. He and OO coming back around the same time could be huge for us.....

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

Jalen's looked really lost on defense, but I guess the entire team has for the most part.  If he can get better on that end, there's no reason not to give him some burn.  Give him the OO treatment 5 - 10 minutes here and there. If he improves, give him a little more.

Jalen barely played college , in fact he barely played as a senior in high school. He's like a new born baby. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

If the Hawks STARTERS can put up with Trae not playing defense and having to cover for him, the bench players should be able to put up with covering for Jalen Johnson.

Are Cam and Dieng going to cover for JJ, Lou, and Gallo's defensive effort? 

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

At least it's a wrist and not a knee. Could be worse.

Yea, upper body injuries in wings aren't usually cronic or recurring. The downside though is that's it's just been one thing after another with Dre the last two years and you wonder if this will impact his overall development missing so much time every year. 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's still a lot of depth at the 3 over JJ. He's still another injury away from having to be thrust into any type of role. 

• Like 1

We've all forgotten Tim L-C.  I know.  He's a SG but he's on the roster and probably has some experience.  Our rookie plays for the Sky Hawks and perhaps may learn some defense while there.

It's not like the Hawks are desperate for help.  Players are on our roster.  Agent 0017 and Hunter are both out now and for a while yet.  If we can survive this, and we must, they should give us a great big boost when they do come back.

Atlanta is deep.  Our second unit is one of the better ones in the NBA, I believe.  

And, ain't it grand that we are at home and winning!

🥰

• Like 1