• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De' Andre Hunter out at least two months.

marco102

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter starting to look fragile

I said the other day, you just cant count on him anymore.....That's another reason why Huerter should start...We need a healthy starting 5 to get used to playing with each other..Huerter fits better with Trae and Bogi anyway imo...We're gonna need Hunter if we're in the Playoffs though...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

Ugh… I take a 2 hour nap after the game and this is what I wake up to? Feel for the kid, dang again, the knee and now the wrist. Definitely glad it’s not a season ending injury. 

Get well soon Dre! Next man up.

Cam, Huerter and others just need to step up some and take over some of the load.

Jalen Johnson getting some burn here, see if he’s ready.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe this allows Jaylen Johnson to get some minutes at the 3.

Seriously...  I know Nate ass is looking at that damn bench trying hard not make eye contact with JJ. lol 

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Like they say (whoever they is)  "Time to piss or get off the pot" 

Cam clearly needs time and room to develop, but the team is honestly just ahead of his timeline.  He needs to focus on getting one aspect of his game stable and not try to be everything all at once.  He's doing too much out there.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Wretch said:

Seriously...  I know Nate ass is looking at that damn bench trying hard not make eye contact with JJ. lol 

Cam clearly needs time and room to develop, but the team is honestly just ahead of his timeline.  He needs to focus on getting one aspect of his game stable and not try to be everything all at once.  He's doing too much out there.

I honestly preferred the "instant offense off the bench " role he had at the start of the season. 19ppg off the bench Cam actually fills a legit need on the team.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, hawkman said:

I honestly preferred the "instant offense off the bench " role he had at the start of the season. 19ppg off the bench Cam actually fills a legit need on the team.

Yeah.  No arguments there, but he's got to stay consistent. He looks out of control on a lot of these plays trying to be aggressive and maintain that level of production.  I'd be happy if he focused on defense and perfecting the longball, which he was REALLY stroking early on.  Instead of trying to get to the rim and finish, maybe work on his midrange and passing.  To me, a controlled Cam at 10-15ppg and playing defense is more valuable than Cam trying to force a breakout season.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I just feel awful for Dre. Man just can't catch a break.

Like everyone is saying, this is Cam's best (and possibly last) chance to establish himself as a consistent player. Maybe not having to worry about fighting for minutes as much will let him stop trying to force things so much. 

For those who think this might be a window for JJ...methinks Nate will want to know he can play like not-crap in G-League for a few games first. Solo and TLC will remain ahead of him on depth chart until then, since we're no longer in rebuilding mode. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

**** me.  This sucks for Hunter specifically and for the entire team.  He had an important role and this will only setback his development.

50 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Just remember how injury prone Steph Curry was in the beginning now look at him now. You just make sure that those injuries are brought up during contract negotiations. 

That is the best case scenario.  He comes back and gets right back on track to taking big steps forward but we end up resigning him at a significant discount like GS did.

9 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I’m squarely  in the camp that hopes this equates to Jalen getting some run.

I think most of us would like to see that over Solo getting a bunch of additional time, although I wouldn't bet against Nate feeding most of the minutes to Solo because there is a lot to work on with the team and there is one less variable on the floor with Solo (who generally knows what he is doing even if he is very limited).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My silver lining, maybe this helps us negotiate a better contract with Dre next year.  Also, could give the rest of the guys more confidence in their role.  Huerter gets to play with Trae. Bogi doesn’t have to worry about getting taken out of the starting lineup.  
Trying to limit what I say about Cam, but don’t think this makes much impact on his role.  

• Like 1