Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another season where the backup PG spot still has more questions than answers.

Shirley there's a capable vet guard languishing on some irrelevant team.  Can I call you Shirley?  Haha

Starting to think we should've mended fences between Trae and Augustin.  He wouldn't bring the d or rebounding we get from Wright but he'd be a threat offensively.   

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Shirley there's a capable vet guard languishing on some irrelevant team.  Can I call you Shirley?  Haha

Starting to think we should've mended fences between Trae and Augustin.  He wouldn't bring the d or rebounding we get from Wright but he'd be a threat offensively.   

Shirley Burd III :laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, High5 said:

Everyone around Trae needs to be better for sure, but if he wants to truly be that guy we need better 4th quarter performances out him as well.

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 3.32.55 AM.png

This^ The team seems to suck in the 4th quarter and some of that falls on Trae. He seems to rush his shots especially his unnecessary logo 3’s. The whole tram has to play better but Trae has to start being more of a leader in crunch time instead of trying to be the hero. 

Edited by Iverwig
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We were up 11 and should have slammed the door shut. We are young and haven’t learned to END teams.

Cam Thomas and Claxton beat us, those two kept them in it.

Wright, Lou… we gotta figure it out. 

Tough one.

We better get this straight because the Rockets 🚀 have a ton of guys who are hustling hard, we lose to them and changes may come. Hoping we regroup.

Go Hawks!

Truth. Need a professional effort vs them.  Sadly, I'm getting visions of our Cav games.  Where we should beat them but just ... don't. 

Watching nothings like Bruce brown making an impact last night made me mad mad. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bruce brown

I kept saying is this dude 6’3”? He’s playing like he’s 6’9”. 

Also, why did Wright look better with other teams than us, did he regress as a player or is it that he’s in an unfamiliar Nate system? He looks confused, just go out there and ball.

• Like 2

Closing out the 4th.  Last night, watching the closing minutes, could there be any doubt about the outcome?  Not for me.  I told myself, "Self, it's over.  Hawks just can't."  

Our opponent toyed with us for 3 and a half quarters, then calmly slammed the door in our face.  Am I saying that they are better than us?  Yep.  Last night they were.  Shame on us.  Nope.  They treat everyone like this.  Right now they are the elite team in the east.  We are middle of the pack.

Hawks are missing pieces who are out due to injuries.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could get all our players healthy at one time!  

:smug:

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I kept saying is this dude 6’3”? He’s playing like he’s 6’9”. 

Also, why did Wright look better with other teams than us, did he regress as a player or is it that he’s in an unfamiliar Nate system? He looks confused, just go out there and ball.

Sharife would be a massive upgrade from Delon offensively..But Nate and his "rotations".. smdh

• Like 1

I wouldn’t mind seeing the rookies get a shot but people need to stop acting like it’s a sure thing that they’re ready for real NBA minutes. Also need to stop putting all of the blame on Nate when they’re not even with the team most nights.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, High5 said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing the rookies get a shot but people need to stop acting like it’s a sure thing that they’re ready for real NBA minutes. Also need to stop putting all of the blame on Nate when they’re not even with the team most nights.

Well if they go out there and stink it up pull them....No biggie...Cant be any worse than Delon Solo TLC etc....Who knows. They might give us a spark....

Edited by terrell