• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Half-Baked-Hawks at Several-Sixers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

But we can agree that Bogi helped close out this game or can you not acknowledge that like the people who claim Mays is a garbage player?

Bogi was absolutely horrible on offense and defense throughout the 1st 3 quarter and a half.  Dude was 0-13 his 1st 13 shots?  The game would not have come down to that had he been an NBA quality player in the 1st 3 quarters.  Why does this dude get such a pass on this MB???  I just can't understand it. 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Bogi was absolutely horrible on offense and defense throughout the 1st 3 quarter and a half.  Dude was 0-13 his 1st 13 shots?  The game would not have come down to that had he been an NBA quality player in the 1st 3 quarters.  Why does this dude get such a pass on this MB???  I just can't understand it. 

.... and in the 4th aka winning time?

🤓

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On another note, it was beyond refreshing watching defenders run guys like Curry off the 3 for a change.

I tease Iwundu aka Iwontshoot about his offense, but I loved his activity on d.

Just make curry and forkmaz dribble and their effectiveness is diminished mightily.  They're literally CBA-level players if you just make them have to dribble when they don't want or expect to.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He doesn't get a pass. He was ass till he wasn't and everyone in here was on him. But you got to acknowledge he hit timely shots when the game was close which carried us to the win. If you can do that, people won't press you on him and you can continue to dislike him in peace.

I love John and I called him out yesterday. He played great today.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

But did he come up big in the 4th?Yes or no? 

You act like you will go to hell if you say one good thing about him. That's the problem.  You are not being OBJECTIVE. You refuse to say he does anything right or good for the team. 

He sucked the first three quarters and a half and came up big for us in the 4th. Those are facts can you acknowledge  that instead of all the deflecting?

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, aali34 said:

He doesn't get a pass. He was ass till he wasn't and everyone in here was on him. But you got to acknowledge he hit timely shots when the game was close which carried us to the win. If you can do that, people won't press you on him and you can continue to dislike him in peace.

I love John and I called him out yesterday. He played great today.

Its not that I don't like him...I just don't think he is a starting 2 guard because of his limitations on offense and defense

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He sucked the first three quarters and a half and came up big for us in the 4th. Those are facts can you acknowledge  that instead of all the deflecting?

So he has to miss all of his shots before say you that he had a bad game??

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is the point I was making in the other thread when posters were calling him a garbage time player.

He's been played like a garbage time player. He's never merited that. He's looked like an end-of-rotation guard since he got to Atlanta. 

Maybe this performance will change Nate's mind?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

One last comment. Cam Reddish cooked Thybulle. That shocked me.

I wasn't shocked. I don't think most fans fully understand what we have in Cam. Injury is the only reason he didn't have another 30pt night. He's a legit multi-level scorer.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

That is not what you are doing. Did he play better in the 4th or not?

He didn't go 0-13 so yeah but people were dogging John last night for hitting 9 of 17 3 of 5 from 3 11 rebounds and 2 blocked shots.  Bogi hit 1 of 9 3's and we have to acknowledge the one 3 he hit and not the 9 misses.  I find that strange.

Just now, hawkman said:

I wasn't shocked. I don't think most fans fully understand what we have in Cam. Injury is the only reason he didn't have another 30pt night. He's a legit multi-level scorer.

Nah I know what we have but his handle is shakey and Thybulle is the exact type of player I would dread cam dribbling against. I guess his handle has improved. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Its not that I don't like him...I just don't think he is a starting 2 guard because of his limitations on offense and defense

That is a fair opinion to have. Longterm I'd most likely agree with you.

You can still appreciate when he does well in situations while remaining critical.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

He didn't go 0-13 so yeah but people were dogging John last night for hitting 9 of 17 3 of 5 from 3 11 rebounds and 2 blocked shots.  Bogi hit 1 of 9 3's and we have to acknowledge the one 3 he hit and not the 9 misses.  I find that strange.

What about the two pointers he hit in the 4th? 

Also two wrongs don't make a right. So someone dogging John incorrectly gives you carte le blanche to constantly dog Bogi?