• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I mentioned the same in a earlier post regarding the timeline in acquiring Simmons to make a realistic playoff bid. We'd have 28 games after the trade deadline. We'd need to go 10-2 to get to .500 before the deadline.

Like you said, how long before Simmons is ready to play and play effectively. This would seem more an offseason trade.

If we're gonna do it then, we might as well do it now imo... Collins/Bogi stock will only get worse from here....Plus it Gets rid of Gallo/Delon, and give the rookies like JJ/Rife a chance.. And it gets Simmons used to how we do things....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Can't believe there's so much talk of getting Nate out the door 6 months after we extended him for 4 years... not because I don't agree with the criticism, just that this is where we're at... sad.  Hope we turn it around.  

Nate will survive this, but only through the first part of next season.  If the organization wants to blame injuries and COVID for their situation, it won't fly with most of the fan base, but it would be a legit reason for the fall off.

But once the offseason hits, and the organization makes the necessary tweaks to the roster, he'll be expected to win right away.  If he doesn't, he won't make it past Christmas.

The big thing with him is to show that he has the ability to make the right adjustments.  Last night was the perfect time to leave that bench group in, and see if they could pull the game out.  Sit the starters, and let them see how playing hard and playing together can get it done.

The starters sustained themselves for 2 minutes, and gave it all back and then some, in the next 2 minutes.   Nate must get off of this "set rotations" kick, and coach according to the feel of the game.  If that means that you have to keep a key starter out of the game, in favor of a bench player who is playing very well, so be it.

Just like how Mike McCarthy of the Dallas Cowboys is probably going to get fired after this inept playoff performance by his team.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nate must get off of this "set rotations" kick, and coach according to the feel of the game.  If that means that you have to keep a key starter out of the game, in favor of a bench player who is playing very well, so be it.

Which is crazy because last season he'd done it a few times with Gallo staying in over JC and another time with Lou staying in over Trae.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

You said the same thing about Anthony Edwards.  He'd cure a lot of what's wrong with this team if he were on it right now.

@Sothron can you explain to him that, while edwards has been good for MIN, there are a plethora of reasons they've ascended from laughingstock to middling play-in team?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@Sothron can you explain to him that, while edwards has been good for MIN, there are a plethora of reasons they've ascended from laughingstock to middling play-in team?

You don't need @Sothron to explain that to me.  There are a many and if we had a second guy that could get his own shot consistently besides  Trae and play some defense,  we'd win a few more games.

You seem allergic to any young player, but we only have two paths to getting good.  Gutting this young roster who was a head of schedule for a second star who may not work or draft one if this season continues to be crappy.

Jaden Ivey exhibits everything that's missing with this team's wings.  He self creates and can shoot and is good on defense.  Will that translate next year? Most likely not, but the following year, he should be good enough to contribute to the Hawks winning. 

Just don't poo poo on every draft pick mentioned because you don't like young players. It is where we are at at this point, unfortunately.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There's no college player that's gonna come in and cure what ails this team.  Good lord, yall.  

The asset is the pick itself. Combined with some guys on the team, we can flip it for a win now player. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

The asset is the pick itself. Combined with some guys on the team, we can flip it for a win now player. 

Or just use the pick.  It depends on who is available and what we have to give up. 

I mean management is probably for trading for a win now player and Trae Young too for that matter.  However, if Philly is wanting JC and Hunter, for Ben Simmons, I'd take my chances with the draft pick. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You don't need @Sothron to explain that to me.  There are a many and if we had a second guy that could get his own shot consistently besides  Trae and play some defense,  we'd win a few more games.

You seem allergic to any young player, but we only have two paths to getting good.  Gutting this young roster who was a head of schedule for a second star who may not work or draft one if this season continues to be crappy.

Jaden Ivey exhibits everything that's missing with this team's wings.  He self creates and can shoot and is good on defense.  Will that translate next year? Most likely not, but the following year, he should be good enough to contribute to the Hawks winning. 

Just don't poo poo on every draft pick mentioned because you don't like young players. It is where we are at at this point, unfortunately.

He definitely looks like a player...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Or just use the pick.  It depends on who is available and what we have to give up. 

I mean management is probably for trading for a win now player and Trae Young too for that matter.  However, if Philly is wanting JC and Hunter, for Ben Simmons, I'd take my chances with the draft pick. 

This is a bad team. At some point they are going to start winning. If they can then put all of these losses in perspective and learn from it, they might be able to climb the mountain. Until then, this team looks like its collapsing. If we don't string together a bunch of wins NOW, I expect some moves to be made.... The owner has already put tons of pressure on Travis, and this is going all the way to the players. Until someone mans up and refuses to lose, allowing others to fall into place, let's start talking about the lottery. At least its fun.

Edited by terrell