• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

R3Y-rM_G_x96.jpg

“I’ve actually heard Lakers have passed on Jerami Grant. He doesn’t want to play a tertiary role behind Bron/AD.” -

More like the Pistons didnt want THT, Nunn and a future 1st.. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Seems that someone somewhere continues to try to trade Colling away.  Some of these trades make very little sense for Atlanta and others make no sense at all.

One would certainly believe, if these people are correct, that Collins has demanded that we trade him right now!  Detroit has a player with similar $$$ contract.  Collins is signed for several years.  The Piston's contract expires with the season.  Let's trade for him and let him walk at season's end.  Yeah, right.

Travis knows what he's doing.  If he pulls this off, I'll have a hard time believing.  How about you?

:smug:

The only reason I could see the Hawks going for this deal is financial flexibility and dealing with a little regression production-wise from Grant vs. what Collins offers. This could be Schlenk acknowledging that JC isn't giving value for the amount he's making for his contract ($25 MIL/YR for Collins vs $20 MIL/YR for Grant). Grant is under contract until next year while Collins is on the hook until 2026. 

Edited by terrell

23 minutes ago, ryandauwalker said:

Do y’all do JC and Dieng (needed for cap purposes) for Simmons straight up? I’m not sure I do. 

So if salaries didn't matter, I'd be 70/30 on that deal.  Simmons > Collins as a player. Assuming chemistry doesn't suffer, yes I do it. 

The problem isn't just the salaries matching for trade purposes, its they need to match closer for our own purposes. There is a 6 million difference in those salaries that the Hawks would be absorbing and that would push us into the LT and limit what we could do in the coming years. You aren't just trading away Collins and Dieng in that scenario, you are also trading away $6 million in another player (upgrade or individual). The roster spot trading both for 1 creates means we need another player. It limits what we can bring in by $6 million. So you're getting 1 less good player on the roster as well. That evens the deal more for me and makes it harder to swallow.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, ryandauwalker said:

Do y’all do JC and Dieng (needed for cap purposes) for Simmons straight up? I’m not sure I do. 

tenor.gif

Me? You talkin to meeeee?

source.gif

I don't do Medusa Simmons straight up for a 2nd round draft pick... from Philly.

858840415_225700.gif&ehk=DA3nt8tPNPlxZE9

Morey to Schlenk...

"Sure there are snakes, sure those eyes could be the death of you... but damn... just look at that face and that body!"

Schlenk to Morey...

indiana-jones-snakes.gif

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, ryandauwalker said:

We'd be over the Luxury tax which is a non-starter.

22 minutes ago, terrell said:

The only reason I could see the Hawks going for this deal is financial flexibility and dealing with a little regression production-wise from Grant vs. what Collins offers. This could be Schlenk acknowledging that JC isn't giving value for the amount he's making for his contract ($25 MIL/YR for Collins vs $20 MIL/YR for Grant). Grant is under contract until next year while Collins is on the hook until 2026. 

Over the next 2 years, Collins is making $23 mil and $23.5 mil over the next 2 years Grant is making $20 and $20.9.  Grant is seeking an extension worth 4/$112 that's $28 mil per.  

check out their stats for this year.

Per Game

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 John Collins 2021-22 24 41 41 32.1 6.4 11.9 .537 1.3 3.1 .426 5.0 8.7 .577 .594 2.9 3.6 .797 1.8 6.1 7.9 2.0 0.6 1.1 1.2 3.2 17.0
2 Jerami Grant 2021-22 27 24 24 33.2 6.6 15.9 .414 1.8 5.3 .331 4.8 10.6 .455 .469 5.2 6.1 .849 1.0 3.9 4.8 2.6 1.1 1.1 2.1 2.3 20.1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Travis knows what he's doing.

Important point.

Our GM is a proven draft talent evaluator, in the opinion of most on this board. Gets an A-minus at worst. Pretty confident of that statement.

Outside of that? There's a whole lot more room of worthy debate regarding his trades and free agent signings. Grades out probably more in the B-minus or C-plus range.

Conclusion. The more our GM is accumulating talent through the draft, the better; the more he's accumulating talent through other means, it's much more of a toss-up.

I don't like toss-ups. Especially in big trades. Especially in the season following a season when we put it all together and came within a misplaced referee's foot of possibly if not likely being in the Finals.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We'd be over the Luxury tax which is a non-starter.

Over the next 2 years, Collins is making $23 mil and $23.5 mil over the next 2 years Grant is making $20 and $20.9.  Grant is seeking an extension worth 4/$112 that's $28 mil per.  

check out their stats for this year.

Per Game

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 John Collins 2021-22 24 41 41 32.1 6.4 11.9 .537 1.3 3.1 .426 5.0 8.7 .577 .594 2.9 3.6 .797 1.8 6.1 7.9 2.0 0.6 1.1 1.2 3.2 17.0
2 Jerami Grant 2021-22 27 24 24 33.2 6.6 15.9 .414 1.8 5.3 .331 4.8 10.6 .455 .469 5.2 6.1 .849 1.0 3.9 4.8 2.6 1.1 1.1 2.1 2.3 20.1

We dont have to extend Grant.. I dont want Grant btw.. I was just sayin..

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Who do you want?

Id rather Simmons than Grant.. But Im not including Hunter.. Grant thinks hes a superstar for some reason..We dont need any more chuckers around here.... Ben could come here and fill a role.. And thats playmaking and guarding 1-5..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Listening to Brian Windhorst on ESPN radio, he had some interesting nuggets. Thinks that Philly just honestly doesn't like any of the deals available, and would rather wait to see what Harden does. Harden declined a 3 year 150 million dollar extension, so he does have sights on going elsewhere. Also mentioned that Knicks management is not thrilled with Thibs not giving Cam any minutes, but Thibs has a lot clout and they can't tell him who to play. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TO ME It’s sounding like we are at about 80% chance  going to “stand pat” ….and of Im just talking from a fan perspective of course

With just two weeks  away from the deadline unless another star player is on the trade block completely out of left field, Im no longer expecting any impact moves

…. I believe Simmons is the only true target for Schlenk because he’s Schlenks Draymond type of player so clearly there’s some serious interest in Simmons within the Hawks  organization but Unless they can find Harris a home as reported then it’s not happening and finding Harris a new home is probably extremely unlikely.

I’m not complaining since we are currently winning but the trend continues with  Hawks GMS afraid to take risk .

• Like 1