• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Isn't next year the year they are allowing 18 year olds to enter the draft?  That pick will have a lot more value because the talent pool will potentially be deeper.  You may actually get a lottery talent in that draft in the late teens, just because of so many young talented prospects being in the draft. 

So the value of the pick in that draft would be much higher. 

9 minutes ago, warcore said:

If that's the case, we need to hope CHA pick doesn't convey this year. Can we get confirmation on this?

I don't think it was ever finalized with the NBA and NBAPA (I haven't checked) .  With the GL Ignite team that allows high-schoolers they may have put that on pause?

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I've never paid much attention to him.  Is he that good?

And, if he's that good, why is DAL looking to move him?  Like I intimated before, this smells like a bad Collins rumor.

His D is good and his shot has improved. Having said that, he’s the guy you leave open for an outside shot. Analytic guys don’t check this stat.. it’s an eye 👁 thang.

• Thanks 2

To be fair, if I was in media, I might have to scrounge message boards for stories too.

Hawks are not in on Jerami Grant right now

i_1d_c2_4b_jerami-grant.png?w=190

Zach Lowe on the Hawks: They’ve been linked in recent reports to Jerami Grant. Personally, I think that’s old intel based on what I’ve heard and that they are not in on Jerami Grant right now.

2 hours ago  via Spotify

Top Rumors, Trade, Jerami Grant, Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixers, Hawks discussed blockbuster Ben Simmons-John Collins trade

i_16_c0_ec_ben-simmons.png?w=190
The 76ers and Hawks briefly kicked around a trade of Ben Simmons and Tobias Harris for John Collins, Bogdan Bogdanovic and Danilo Gallinari, league sources told HoopsHype. However, those talks stalled quickly, with Atlanta uninterested in Harris and unlikely to be able to flip him to a third team.

• Thanks 2

Chris Haynes: There’s another player we’re going to add to this dynamic. Michael Rubin. For those who don’t know, the Sixers co-owner is very, very, very good friends with James Harden. And I’ve been talking to a rival owner, talking to rival front office executives, who believe that there can be some talk going on now between both sides.
Source: Spotify

This is a real problem with this situation and one I was chatting with a friend about yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an investigation into Philly about tampering and if this doesn't blow up the Nets locker room.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I know you guys are just having fun but I think this was the kind of nonsense they were trying to avoid.

Guilty as charged, maybe... dunno... didn't really read all that sources stuff, but am aware enough to know there might something in there that was/is applicable. More seriously, but still not very... I'd intended to just convey, since it did capture a little bit of interest here, that some OKC fans did in fact engage me, and that modification was acceptable to them. That's all. Mods, delete away, no problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I said about the Reddish trade, this will only lead to teams thinking they can rob Atlanta for their players. Squawk posters can continuing disrespecting Cam but it doesn't change the fact that everyone thought that trade was highway robbery 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I thought it was a bad trade for several reasons but if Cam doesn't do anything in NY then it will totally change everyone's perception and the question will become why did NY give us a first rounder for a player who doesn't play. 

That can only be decided after time. We are talking about at the time of the trade. 

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I thought it was a bad trade for several reasons but if Cam doesn't do anything in NY then it will totally change everyone's perception and the question will become why did NY give us a first rounder for a player who doesn't play. 

Cause Thibs plays the guys he wants to play. They will probably move on from some vets this off-season, so Cam, Grimes etc will have more minutes available next year.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

As I said about the Reddish trade, this will only lead to teams thinking they can rob Atlanta for their players. Squawk posters can continuing disrespecting Cam but it doesn't change the fact that everyone thought that trade was highway robbery 

I agree that it's Hawk season w.r.t. trade stuff.  The perception, I repeat 'perception', of that trade was that we drafted/developed a guy, can't pay him, so we farmed him out to NYK for cheap.

That's not the reality but it certainly has led folks to believe they can rob us ... even more than they already thought they could.

That said, the 'disrespecting Cam' thing is a total separate issue but you can't help yourself I guess.

And, just so you don't think I'm piling on, I do think the anti-Cam stuff has gotten out of hand a bit.  Criticism is warranted but I do think we should just move on.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Cause Thibs plays the guys he wants to play. They will probably move on from some vets this off-season, so Cam, Grimes etc will have more minutes available next year.

Windhorst reported just that.  But iiuc he said they'll be trying to do this at the deadline.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

At the end of the day Travis lost this one.  Might not be his fault but when you have a player who doesn't want to play for you and when he does doesn't play well then you're screwed.   I don't think this will have much impact on our ability to trade in the future.  We've been on the plus end of most trades in the Travis era. 

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I dont think a first round pick that is likely to convey is highway robbery. That seems like fair value. He has missed a lot of games in his career, and has struggled at times, that reduces your value considerably. No one else was offering a first, it only after Cam had that nice little stretch with a couple 30 point games that we got an acceptable offer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We got a first round in the late teens/early 20's. What do you think is fair value for Cam? A top 10 pick? Lottery teams dont trade way their top 10 picks for anything less than a really good established player/star. By no measure does Cam 's 2 and a half years in the league meet that bar.

I agree with you here bleachy. 

No idea what @NBASupes is talking about other teams thinking they can take advantage of us. Did some new info come out? We got a first round pick and no other team appears to have gotten firsts for anything. I was a cam stan and even I can admitt we did not trade away PG13.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I dont think a first round pick that is likely to convey is highway robbery. That seems like fair value. He has missed a lot of games in his career, and has struggled at times, that reduces your value considerably. No one else was offering a first, it only after Cam had that nice little stretch with a couple 30 point games that we got an acceptable offer. 

I had to think more on it and it does seem like his market was really depressed.  The stretch of 30's likely allowed us to salvage it a bit.

I imagine, the more disconnected we get from it, the return will look less paltry.

It is also interesting that the situation there, for him, is really similar to what he left.  The difference is NYK's best move is to trade the players that are ahead of him.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Of course you are all on the same page after trashing his ass. I want to see what page you are on a year or two from now.

What the actual duck are you talking about? It makes no sense for you to be this disgruntled because Cam was traded. The only thing I care about is we are winning. It is not All because Cam was traded that we are winning, but his subtraction has done something to this team.

I won't give a flying duck about Cam in two years if we are going deep in the playoffs and no idea why you would care.

Note: I intentionally added the d for sensorship.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Charlotte is in a good place with Melo, Bridges, etc. 50% chance it conveys this year, and if not this year will likely convey next year when it's protection is only top 16. 

Travis says there is 90+% chance the pick conveys over the next three years.