• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

33 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

You could be right, but you also said that Trae thinks Cam has the most talent on our team.  I don't follow Ray Young on Twitter.  So, I'm only reacting to that tweet.  That tweet seemed a little salty to me.  

Travis Schlenk has said it too.  Cam didn't want to be here and what does that have to do with your overreaction to a tweet by Ray?  It wasn't just your reaction.  Gametime said that too so I'm just trying to stop this narrative that Ray is subtweeting for Trae.

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

Brooklyn has only had Harden and Durant for most of the year.  So if you told me Kyrie played only 12 of 54 games and that Durant and Harden missed another 28 games then I'd be much less shocked than I would have been pre-season.

LA is much less surprising.  Westbrook is not value add to that team.  You are really talking AD and James and they have missed 38 games this season.  

We'll see how it all plays out but I do think we need a better #2 if we want to win a ring with Trae.

This isn't me saying we don't need a better number 2, but the oh Trae Young is leaving narrative because we didn't make a trade today needs to stop.

That's all I'm pushing back on. 

43 minutes ago, terrell said:

Its done..

And I'm am pissed...lol

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, marco102 said:

This isn't me saying we don't need a better number 2, but the oh Trae Young is leaving narrative because we didn't make a trade today needs to stop.

That's all I'm pushing back on. 

Trae is the best thing to happen to Atlanta since Nique and we want him happy here for the long run.  If we reach the point of Trae wanting out, it is a disaster for the franchise.  But I'm with you that we aren't there and hopefully we never will be.  So I'm not worried about that in the short-term but I'd definitely keep a close eye on Trae's temperature (including his dad's tweets) if I was TS. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

That tweet by Ray Young is the zinger.  He can telegram stuff that Trae can't.  I tried to tell you guys that we are on the clock with Trae.  If we can't produce either more wins or another star to pair with him, we risk Trae demanding a trade at some point.  It's gonna happen sooner than we expect.  Still time, but it can't be more than two years.  Clock is definitely ticking.  

I'm not upset we missed out.  Once Harden was involved we were toast. 

Let's see if our guys can make something out of this season.  First round upset of a big seed would be nice, or getting the 6 seed somehow.  If people are freaking out now, they are gonna lose their shit if we don't make it through the play in games.  

So this is what you are hearing behind the seens or this is just you chatting.  When you say things like this you need to differentiate. 

Like how Trae going to be mad if Philly backed out of the deal? Did the front office just not do anything? No, they tried to please him and get who he wanted to play with.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Travis Schlenk has said it too.  Cam didn't want to be here and what does that have to do with your overreaction to a tweet by Ray?  It wasn't just your reaction.  Gametime said that too so I'm just trying to stop this narrative that Ray is subtweeting for Trae.

Ray is definitely able to say things Trae cannot.  Not sure if it is subtweeting, but Trae has to say media approved things.  Ray doesn't.  He's the closest thing we have to understand what Trae really thinks.  

I could definitely be overreacting to that tweet, though.  His other tweet softened things quite a bit.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You said stand pat, you got your wish.

Half of it.

Not sure I was clear.

I want/wanted to improve the back-end of the roster... "stand pat" only referenced the first 10-11 guys.

• Premium Member

I don't mind standing pat. I want to see Hunter after fully recovering, its's obvious his bounce and burst aren't back yet and it's holding him back on his drives; I want to see OO with an offseason of improvements, and I want to see if JC has another level of growth he can get to.

JJ and Sharife are icing on the cake for me.

53 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

If you're going to Tweet his dad, make sure you include the other tweet as well. Trae loves Atlanta and knows what this team can do in the playoffs.

lol Ray we're the 10th seed....

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Expect the Hawks to make moves in the offseason. 

That's from my source. 

Have always anticipated that Gallo would be dealt.

But other than that, I have difficulty imagining making moves when you just won the first ATL NBA trophy.

🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

So this is what you are hearing behind the seens or this is just you chatting.  When you say things like this you need to differentiate. 

Like how Trae going to be mad if Philly backed out of the deal? Did the front office just not do anything? No, they tried to please him and get who he wanted to play with.  

I do think we need to be careful with Trae.  We're not in danger zone yet, but a lot depends on how we perform. 

We need to win to keep the Youngs happy in the long run.  Another year of us being mediocre and we're at risk of problems.  Trae is the franchise.  

It's definitely all speculation on my part, I think that's what we do in a fan forum.  I'm no insider.  

53 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

If you're going to Tweet his dad, make sure you include the other tweet as well. Trae loves Atlanta and knows what this team can do in the playoffs.

50 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You dont honestly believe that do you? Trae's dad was clearly speaking on his behalf.

44 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trae can't throw his teammates under the bus by saying, "yea we need to upgrade this roster." Of course he's going to say he likes the team. The tweet from Trae's dad was no accident.

6 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Ray is definitely able to say things Trae cannot.  Not sure if it is subtweeting, but Trae has to say media approved things.  Ray doesn't.  He's the closest thing we have to understand what Trae really thinks.  

I could definitely be overreacting to that tweet, though.  His other tweet softened things quite a bit.  

See above.  I follow Ray and actually tweeted with him.  He speaks his mind a lot on NBA things.  He stays pretty mute about what's going on with Trae and the Hawks.  He did have one tweet about LLoyd Pierce and that's about it.  He speaks on all the other NBA things and that's why I've been trying to dead this narrative that that specific tweet was a response about how Trae was feeling.  It was just Ray tweeting like Ray does when something big goes on in the NBA.

1 minute ago, terrell said:

lol Ray we're the 10th seed....

and on our way up! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1