• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best ⭐️ Robin to Trae’s Batman 🦇

Spud2nique

If we’re active which star ⭐️ do you want most  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which star ⭐️ makes the best Robin to Trae’s Bat?

• KAT
    • Jaylen Brown
    • Ben Simmons
    • Bradley Beal
    • Domantas Sabonis
    • Anthony Davis
    • SGA
    • Other (name them please)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/2022 at 05:15 AM

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

The issue is more the fact that neither Ben nor Cap can score when they aren't right next to the basket.  

Looking at Philly's 2020-21 5 man lineups, the story is that they did NOT play together by design.  Look at the lineups with Simmons and those with Howard and what do you see?  Almost every one where Simmons is on the floor, Howard isn't.  Almost every one where Howard is on the floor, Simmons isn't.  And the one lineup with both of them?  It stunk offensively.

image.png

The clear message here is that Philly concluded they did not work together.  And that makes perfect sense.

The message is not so clear.  I also noted that you incidences where Simmons played with Tony Bradley.  Bradly can't shoot either.. so you can highlight those numbers as well.    Doc Rivers has gone on record saying that when Embiid is out (during that season) that he preferred playing Bradley with the first team and Dwight with the 2nd team... Here's what he said Verbatem:

""I like Dwight playing with the second group because that's what he's used to," Rivers explained before Sunday's game. "I typically try to keep at least one group together, so you don't change that. I could start Tony tonight -- most likely, I will.""

So it's not that they don't work together or that Simmons don't play well with a non-shooting center.  It's more like Doc's preference is keeping continuity with one team.  Prolly cause he found that bring Howard to the first team messes up Howard. 

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The message is not so clear.  I also noted that you incidences where Simmons played with Tony Bradley.  Bradly can't shoot either.. so you can highlight those numbers as well.    Doc Rivers has gone on record saying that when Embiid is out (during that season) that he preferred playing Bradley with the first team and Dwight with the 2nd team... Here's what he said Verbatem:

""I like Dwight playing with the second group because that's what he's used to," Rivers explained before Sunday's game. "I typically try to keep at least one group together, so you don't change that. I could start Tony tonight -- most likely, I will.""

So it's not that they don't work together or that Simmons don't play well with a non-shooting center.  It's more like Doc's preference is keeping continuity with one team.  Prolly cause he found that bring Howard to the first team messes up Howard. 

How many meaningful minutes did they play together?  Crunch time minutes?

Teams will have a field day with the Hack-a-pela-ben until the last 2 minutes! In the Last 2 minutes we know Simmons won't drive for fear of getting fouled and he's not a shooting threat.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How many meaningful minutes did they play together?  Crunch time minutes?

Teams will have a field day with the Hack-a-pela-ben until the last 2 minutes! In the Last 2 minutes we know Simmons won't drive for fear of getting fouled and he's not a shooting threat.  

If we get Simmons and he plays alongside of Trae.. at the end of games, we'd be so far ahead that Hack a ben and Hack a Cap won't matter.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If we get Simmons and he plays alongside of Trae.. at the end of games, we'd be so far ahead that Hack a ben and Hack a Cap won't matter.

You can't be serious with that. C'mon man. We both know the playoffs are another animal. Most games are close. We could never put both Simmons and Cap on the floor together in the fourth in a close game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We could never put both Simmons and Cap on the floor together in the fourth in a close game.

No doubt.  If our mantra is Pass, Dribble, shoot then we're abandoning it.   

Not only is the end of the game a problem but you get 2 opposing defenders who get to just hang around the lane which happens to be the place that Trae and JC do a lot of their damage.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

We don't need to blow this group up yet. They have to be the average defense they were in the playoffs......which was enough to knock out the Knicks, Sixers and take the world champs to game 6. Like I've said before, Defense and depth will determine how far this team will go. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, QuantumHawkz said:

We don't need to blow this group up yet. They have to be the average defense they were in the playoffs......which was enough to knock out the Knicks, Sixers and take the world champs to game 6. Like I've said before, Defense and depth will determine how far this team will go. 

But our defense and depth sucks this season.

So what do we do?

Haliburton.  We don't need a huge move.  He gives you the secondary playmaking and flexibility to play point that people like about Simmons, but without the 33MM salary, the lack of shooting, and the shitbird agent.  He gives you a plus defender, though obviously not as great or versatile on defense as Simmons.  I'm okay with it being Simmons if we can do it without losing JC, but even then I think a Haliburton deal makes just as much sense and is way less risky.

Since Hali would need to be paid in a few years, center the deal around Kevin Huerter.  We can free some cap room for the Kings by taking back Barnes (if they wanted), and we could ship them something else they would like.  Perhaps Jalen Johnson and a pick.  Delon.  We have a nice variety of assets and picks for the Kings shopping pleasure.  Making this more likely is that we have a great relationship with the Kings front office and have been a frequent trading partner.

Grey Mule, get in mate!!!!

Edited by txsting
  • Thanks 1