• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lukastans are biting at the bit to take a shot at Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In fairness though, if we had shown up to force another game and lOladipo had to follow his performance up again, I imagine he would've looked like Bogd does after a big game.  I ain't overreactin' to his one-off performance and the game vs ORL doesn't count.

And, yes, my post is just dripping in haterade.  Not even caring.

That one off performance showed that he still had the goods.  After basically 3 yrs of being in and out of surgical rooms, he still had the goods.  I look at him not like Playoff P...  Remember how ugly Paul George broke his leg.  I honestly thought he would never play again.  However, he's playing and he's balling.  I see the same in Oladipo.   He's playing and he still got it.

So yes... to be able to go from Butler who can't shoot from outside and gets most of his points from the FT line to Oladipo who is a Killer. ..  Yeah.. must be nice. 

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't take anything away from them because they played us in the state we were in and short of sweeping us they did everything you could really hope for if you were unfortunate enough to be a Heat fan.  But you seem to be making the case that it makes no difference whether we have CC and JC healthy or not and I just don't think that is the case.  

One of the big stories during our series with them was the pressure and number of bodies they committed to our perimeter game (and Trae in particular) and the complete inability of our big men to do anything to punish that.  It just dramatically affects our team on both ends of the floor not to have those guys playing at their normal level.  On offense our bread and butter is the PnR action but without CC and JC being able to play their normal role that is really off the table and so Miami gets to face us without our primary offensive weapon.  On defense, Miami has a much easier time attacking the rim and controlling the boards without our key interior defender and rebounders.

Now I don't put it outside the realm of possibility that Miami beats us 4-1 even if we have those guys.  They are a good team and I think Diesel is underselling them.  They earned the #1 seed in the East and #1 seeds almost always win their first round series.  But I think it is wrong not to acknowledge that the Hawks are a very different team with their starting center and with their PF effectively missing his hops and a finger.

They beat us in a game with no Lowry and no Butler. Let me repeat that. In a close out game with our season on the line, they beat us with no Kyle Lowry and no Jimmy Butler. What is your rebuttal to that?

Just now, Diesel said:

That one off performance showed that he still had the goods.  After basically 3 yrs of being in and out of surgical rooms, he still had the goods.  I look at him not like Playoff P...  Remember how ugly Paul George broke his leg.  I honestly thought he would never play again.  However, he's playing and he's balling.  I see the same in Oladipo.   He's playing and he still got it.

So yes... to be able to go from Butler who can't shoot from outside and gets most of his points from the FT line to Oladipo who is a Killer. ..  Yeah.. must be nice. 

First, we do agree that it's nice having to fall back on an option that's actually played at an all-star level as opposed to a guy hangin' on.

What I'm saying is, that one game isn't 'him' anymore.  If he had to do that night in/night out, they'd be woefully disappointed.  Even while playing well, he didn't look right.  There were a lot of turnovers and bad shots mixed in there.  We just didn't take advantage, for a myriad of reasons.

On the comp to George, I'd push back by saying George's injury was a total freak occurrence.  lOladipo's appears to be his body wearing down.  Big difference.  Plus, George played at an all-NBA/all-star level multiple seasons.  lOladipo did it one year and that's about it.  I don't think their situations are comparable.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

They are a good team and I think Diesel is underselling them.  They earned the #1 seed in the East and #1 seeds almost always win their first round series.  

Just wanted to touch on this statement.   It's not really an undersell.   I realize that this season is different than most.  It's so much parity in the East that anybody could have been the 1 seed.   Miami is just the deepest less injured team at the top.

I easily rate a Healthy Milwaukee, Philly, Boston, and Atlanta team better than them... even with their culture of good defense and good three point shooters.   Honestly, Toronto would give Miami trouble too.  The thing is that the road to the number 1 seed has been paved with injured teams in their wake... We played them 4 times... 2 without Capela and 1 without JC.  We lost those three games.   The game where we had Capela and JC, we beat them.  Milwaukee played the beginning of the year without their big three.  The first game of the season, they beat Milwaukee who had no Holiday, no Lopez, No Portis..  when  they had that fight, they had been losing to playoff teams.

Golden State beat them like a drum with NO Steph, NO Klay, and No Draymond...  118 - 104 should not be the score if they were a dominant 1 seed playing a banged up GS team playing BUs and Reserves...

Miami are the biggest pretenders in the playoffs and they have been gifted injured teams to play.  That's the easiest game planning in the world. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They beat us in a game with no Lowry and no Butler. Let me repeat that. In a close out game with our season on the line, they beat us with no Kyle Lowry and no Jimmy Butler. What is your rebuttal to that?

What is the price of tea in Turkey?  I don't see how us losing with Jimmy and Lowry out (not like Lowry was doing a whole lot more than trying to injure people this series but Butler was great) justifies just dismissing the impact of their absence/impairment.

We can't run our normal offense. We can't run our normal defense.  Miami used the same approach they successfully used to go 3-1 in the other games.  Nothing about that dynamic changed.  Butler was the big loss but Oladipo was pretty fantastic in his stead.  Atlanta looked demoralized at that point in the series.

The point is that Atlanta is a notably weaker team on both ends of the floor without CC and JC than with them both healthy and active.  We lost game 5 by 3 points.  Do we win with both of them?  If so, then that is a material impact on the series.  Still may not change the outcome of the series but changes the complexion of it.  

I don't think that can be dismissed out of hand simply because they were highly successful shutting us down without CC and JC healthy and active.  

• Like 2

Anyone been over to FakeGM? How are Bob and Texasprick doing. 

ps Did anyone happen to catch Luka after they beat Utah. @kg01 you ever heard of an ugly cryer? Luka got a punchable face after mocking the courtside Utah folks.

Having said that, most Utah fans are most likely racist scum of the earth anyways, so for me, I didn’t mind a Utah fan getting in Luka’s face. Have the fight go on a while.

MAN THAT KID GOT AN UGLY ANNOYING FACE. :trinity::boxing::joker:

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Victor Oladipo Named to All-Defensive First Team | NBA.com

Victor Oladipo Named to All-NBA Third Team | Indiana Pacers

Victor Oladipo 2019 All-Star Reserve | 2018-19 NBA Season - YouTube

Must be nice to be able to get this guy on the floor when your starters don't play....  Especially when he finished this season 31, 5.5, 6.5.. shooting 55% from 3.  Must Be Nice.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

First, we do agree that it's nice having to fall back on an option that's actually played at an all-star level as opposed to a guy hangin' on.

What I'm saying is, that one game isn't 'him' anymore.  If he had to do that night in/night out, they'd be woefully disappointed.  Even while playing well, he didn't look right.  There were a lot of turnovers and bad shots mixed in there.  We just didn't take advantage, for a myriad of reasons.

On the comp to George, I'd push back by saying George's injury was a total freak occurrence.  lOladipo's appears to be his body wearing down.  Big difference.  Plus, George played at an all-NBA/all-star level multiple seasons.  lOladipo did it one year and that's about it.  I don't think their situations are comparable.

I can't speak for the day to day of Oladipo.  I don't think anybody can.   However, the ruptured quadracep Tendon is an injury that with Physical Therapy is not degenerative.  Tony Parker, DeMarcus Cousins, Charles Barkley, and Blake Griffin have had the same injury. 

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Anyone been over to FakeGM? How are Bob and Texasprick doing. 

ps Did anyone happen to catch Luka after they beat Utah. @kg01 you ever heard of an ugly cryer? Luka got a punchable face after mocking the courtside Utah folks.

Having said that, most Utah fans are most likely racist scum of the earth anyways, so for me, I didn’t mind a Utah fan getting in Luka’s face. Have the fight go on a while.

MAN THAT KID GOT AN UGLY ANNOYING FACE. :trinity::boxing::joker:

I'm sorry, what?  You mean they're still playing games?  NBA died for me last week so I wouldn't know.

And I'm stealing FakeGM but will give you credit for being my 'source'.  How the heyul have I never thought of that?  Must be old age.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I can't speak for the day to day of Oladipo.  I don't think anybody can.   However, the ruptured quadracep Tendon is an injury that with Physical Therapy is not degenerative.  Tony Parker, DeMarcus Cousins, Charles Barkley, and Blake Griffin have had the same injury. 

He didn't just start getting injuries, m'friend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I'm sorry, what?  You mean they're still playing games?  NBA died for me last week so I wouldn't know.

And I'm stealing FakeGM but will give you credit for being my 'source'.  How the heyul have I never thought of that?  Must be old age.

I’m not watching games either just highlights of the teams I despise when they lose. :sarcastic:

FakeGM was too easy for you. You’re creative mind snickered at that a long time ago. Lol.

#lukapunchface #alananderson 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He didn't just start getting injuries, m'friend.

From my understanding...  Tendon rupture..  Bad surgery.. then Tendon ruptured again?

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

What is the price of tea in Turkey?  I don't see how us losing with Jimmy and Lowry out (not like Lowry was doing a whole lot more than trying to injure people this series but Butler was great) justifies just dismissing the impact of their absence/impairment.

We can't run our normal offense. We can't run our normal defense.  Miami used the same approach they successfully used to go 3-1 in the other games.  Nothing about that dynamic changed.  Butler was the big loss but Oladipo was pretty fantastic in his stead.  Atlanta looked demoralized at that point in the series.

The point is that Atlanta is a notably weaker team on both ends of the floor without CC and JC than with them both healthy and active.  We lost game 5 by 3 points.  Do we win with both of them?  If so, then that is a material impact on the series.  Still may not change the outcome of the series but changes the complexion of it.  

I don't think that can be dismissed out of hand simply because they were highly successful shutting us down without CC and JC healthy and active.  

Good teams find to a way to overcome injuries. Miami didn't have their all star back court game 5, and still beat us. It's an indictment on this team. We didn't effectively counter any of their punches. Out played, out coached. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Just wanted to touch on this statement.   It's not really an undersell.   I realize that this season is different than most.  It's so much parity in the East that anybody could have been the 1 seed.   Miami is just the deepest less injured team at the top.

I easily rate a Healthy Milwaukee, Philly, Boston, and Atlanta team better than them... even with their culture of good defense and good three point shooters.   Honestly, Toronto would give Miami trouble too.  The thing is that the road to the number 1 seed has been paved with injured teams in their wake... We played them 4 times... 2 without Capela and 1 without JC.  We lost those three games.   The game where we had Capela and JC, we beat them.  Milwaukee played the beginning of the year without their big three.  The first game of the season, they beat Milwaukee who had no Holiday, no Lopez, No Portis..  when  they had that fight, they had been losing to playoff teams.

Golden State beat them like a drum with NO Steph, NO Klay, and No Draymond...  118 - 104 should not be the score if they were a dominant 1 seed playing a banged up GS team playing BUs and Reserves...

Miami are the biggest pretenders in the playoffs and they have been gifted injured teams to play.  That's the easiest game planning in the world. 

That is where we need to agree to disagree.  I think they are in the mix with all of those teams.  Doesn't mean they would win against healthy versions of all those teams but they would be very much contenders to win in any series, imo.  I just think they are a better team than you do.  I certainly don't view Atlanta as heads and shoulders better than them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

From my understanding...  Tendon rupture..  Bad surgery.. then Tendon ruptured again?

Unless I'm wrong (hey, there's a first time for everything), I'm pretty sure he's had knee injuries throughout his whole career ... then the tendon situation.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Good teams find to a way to overcome injuries. Miami didn't have their all star back court game 5, and still beat us. It's an indictment on this team. We didn't effectively counter any of their punches. Out played, out coached. 

So I guess, Doc was outcoached and his team was outplayed last night??

I guess the Houston Rockets with Barkley, Pippen, Drexler, and Hakeem wasn't a good team??

Do you even listen to the stuff that you say??  "Good teams find a way to overcome injuries"...  without context... without considering which player is injured...  this becomes Straight BS.  This is not Hoosiers my friend.  IN THE REAL WORLD.. Some injuries can't be overcome. 

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m not watching games either just highlights of the teams I despise when they lose. :sarcastic:

FakeGM was too easy for you. You’re creative mind snickered at that a long time ago. Lol.

#lukapunchface #alananderson 

Careful now.  You know your boy's sittin' at home in Texas reading your rants against the maverick.  Mad 'cause he can't ban you from the squawk.  Mad 'cause AH won't approve his burner account access.

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47oc54qg1yfj60weik1

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, kg01 said:

Careful now.  You know your boy's sittin' at home in Texas reading your rants against the maverick.  Mad 'cause he can't ban you from the squawk.  Mad 'cause AH won't approve his burner account access.

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47oc54qg1yfj60weik1

I know. I just put a Deez nuts and it’s prolly gonna get flagged by the MODERMAVS. Craaaaaappp. 

ps Baaaaab is gonna tell on me cuz well, Bob seems the type that would.