• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lukastans are biting at the bit to take a shot at Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Funny how injuries only count for us, not for the other team.

that's pretty much rule #1 of being a Hawks message board poster.

Also, we are the only team that dealt with COVID this year.  That's rule #2.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, shakes said:

that's pretty much rule #1 of being a Hawks message board poster.

Also, we are the only team that dealt with COVID this year.  That's rule #2.

I’m looking at you sideways shakes!!!!

WHO SENT YOU??? :angry2:

Reveal your team. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

I love all you dummies (term of endearment) still using the injury excuse and totally ignoring the #1 reason we lost the series:

MIAMI PLAYS HARD ALL THE TIME AND CARES WHEREAS THE HAWKS DON'T PLAY HARD AND CLEARLY DON'T CARE ABOUT WINNING .

We could've been 100% healthy, invented a time machine and brought back prime Nique, Pettit and Pistol and we still lose to the Heat because they actually play hard and take pride in their work whereas we have a bunch of entitled lack of effort lazy soft ass bums who think they can just shoot their way to victories.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m looking at you sideways shakes!!!!

WHO SENT YOU??? :angry2:

Reveal your team. 

I say nothing.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, shakes said:

I love all you dummies (term of endearment) still using the injury excuse and totally ignoring the #1 reason we lost the series:

MIAMI PLAYS HARD ALL THE TIME AND CARES WHEREAS THE HAWKS DON'T PLAY HARD AND CLEARLY DON'T CARE ABOUT WINNING .

We could've been 100% healthy, invented a time machine and brought back prime Nique, Pettit and Pistol and we still lose to the Heat because they actually play hard and take pride in their work whereas we have a bunch of entitled lack of effort lazy soft ass bums who think they can just shoot their way to victories.

This is another way to say what I was alluding to which is that this years team just didn't have the energy or drive that made me believe in them last year.  I still hoped we would upset Miami this year, but I didn't really believe like last year.  Bad body language, bad chemistry, low energy, etc.  

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This is another way to say what I was alluding to which is that this years team just didn't have the energy or drive that made me believe in them last year.  I still hoped we would upset Miami this year, but I didn't really believe like last year.  Bad body language, bad chemistry, low energy, etc.  

Yeah, but acknowledging that a healthy Capela and JC would have made things more difficult for Maimi isn't delusional. It's common sense.  The defense and offense would have been better, but we are called homers because we are stating a basic fact. 

I'm not saying Miami wouldn't have won, but I know that JC and Capela would have given them hell.  They have everytime they played them when healthy in the regular season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shakes said:

Didn’t @kg01 bring you here? And you’re defending the Heat. And kg’s BIL happens to be a Heat fan. :huh:

:aaa:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, but acknowledging that a healthy Capela and JC would have made things more difficult for Maimi isn't delusional. It's common sense.  The defense and offense would have been better, but we are called homers because we are stating a basic fact. 

I'm not saying Miami wouldn't have won, but I know that JC and Capela would have given them hell.  They have everytime they played them when healthy in the regular season. 

This seems pretty simple.  With neither CC nor JC able to play their normal role on offense and limited or missing on defense, it changed what we could do on both ends of the floor.  When Butler went out, Oladipo filled the same role very effectively.  Gallo and OO could not.  

Doesn't mean we were a better team.  Doesn't mean we would have won.  All you do in sports is play with the teammates who are available and play against the team you face but we would have made things more difficult for Miami if they were around.

I think Bogi's missed games were not nearly as impactful.  We missed him but his absence didn't change the complexion of the game like the injuries to CC and JC.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

If I found out your a Mav fan. What we have right now, it’s over! :eyebrow: 

I do love me some Jalen Brunson.  Grew up a town over and went to same high school as my wife.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakes said:

I do love me some Jalen Brunson.  

Ya I liked this kid in the draft process I remember wanting to try and grab either him or Javon Carter but that was before we drafted Trae. Looking back though, Brunson needed to be picked earlier but we knew that on draft day, those guys always fall for no reason. Remember watching his dad back in the day. Gritty dad too, same style but youngun got more body too. Bully.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, shakes said:

How did we win one game then??

I mean, they play Hard at ALL TIMES Right.

We beat them and we were missing Cap.. We had Gimpy JC and Bogi..  They had all of their players healthy..

HOW SHAKES... HOW DID THE TEAM THAT PLAYS HARD ALL THE TIME AND CARES LOSE TO THE TEAM THAT DON'T PLAY HARD AND CLEARLY DON'T CARE ABOUT WINNING???

I'll be patiently waiting for you and Jeff to make something up...

Ill Wait GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

How did we win one game then??

I mean, they play Hard at ALL TIMES Right.

We beat them and we were missing Cap.. We had Gimpy JC and Bogi..  They had all of their players healthy..

HOW SHAKES... HOW DID THE TEAM THAT PLAYS HARD ALL THE TIME AND CARES LOSE TO THE TEAM THAT DON'T PLAY HARD AND CLEARLY DON'T CARE ABOUT WINNING???

I'll be patiently waiting for you and Jeff to make something up...

Ill Wait GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Normal variance?  We won 1 game by 1 point... these are all NBA players lol, better teams don't win every single game...

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

but we are called homers because we are stating a basic fact. 

For what it's worth, I don't think anyone in the thread is really being a homer except Diesel, but I still appreciate his takes.  We should have Hawks homers on a Hawks board lol

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Hey Jeff...

What about the 1 win we had?

Hurt Bogi and JC... no Cap...  and Miami with everybody available and we beat them....  explain?

If we are so much lesser than Miami.

If Spo is so much better a coach than Nate.

If Miami would have beaten us when we were at full strength...

HOW in the Hell did we win that game???

Maybe, we're  closer than you want to admit.  Maybe you don't remember the last time we played them with Healthy Clint, he had 17/14?  Maybe you didn't notice that run we made last year when we were somewhat healthier...  You musta thought it was a fluke?

But.. Anyway..

I'll wait patiently for you to describe how we got that 1 win if they were soo much better than us?

Waiting GIF - Waiting Finger Tapping Twin Peaks - Discover & Share GIFs

Hey Jeff.... Still waiting?  Surprising, you can give a fist bump to Shakes but No Answer huh???  Just admit that you're wrong!!

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Normal variance?  We won 1 game by 1 point... these are all NBA players lol, better teams don't win every single game...

You would think that... My and AHF point aligns.. To not consider the injuries and the ramification of the injuries makes you short sided at the very least.   Ultimate Pessimist.   Like I said before, there are some who skim the headlines and others who read the article and see the details.  

As far as this BS normal variance goes...    Where was that for Brooklyn??  As talented as they were.. I mean Two HOFers on that team.. shouldn't they have gotten a "Normal Variance Nod"???  Keep the BS coming. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You would think that... My and AHF point aligns.. To not consider the injuries and the ramification of the injuries makes you short sided at the very least.   Ultimate Pessimist.   Like I said before, there are some who skim the headlines and others who read the article and see the details.  

As far as this BS normal variance goes...    Where was that for Brooklyn??  As talented as they were.. I mean Two HOFers on that team.. shouldn't they have gotten a "Normal Variance Nod"???  Keep the BS coming. 

It's not really that pessimistic to think we probably would not have beaten the #1 seed who is playing very good basketball... it's just my opinion.  This is why you are called a homer... you're berating me for my opinion, and I'm not even crapping on our team, just letting you know what I saw all season long.  There are plenty of posters here who salivate when we lose or when Trae has a bad game -- I'm not one of them.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It's not really that pessimistic to think we probably would not have beaten the #1 seed who is playing very good basketball... it's just my opinion.  This is why you are called a homer... you're berating me for my opinion, and I'm not even crapping on our team, just letting you know what I saw all season long.  There are plenty of posters here who salivate when we lose or when Trae has a bad game -- I'm not one of them.

I didn't say that we would definitely have beaten them.. I said that we probably would have taken them to game 7.  If we were able to beat them without CC, JC, and Bogi... and the times we played them with CC and JC before we won... It's not bad math to think that we would have played them a lot stronger than we did.  However, You and Shakes show up with the argument that if we would have been fully healthy would have still been easily defeat is BS to me.. and your Normal Variance Argument if that is even worth calling an argument is extra Deep BS with a pessimistic slant.