• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pick #16.....

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
  • One early candidate to fall in the lottery: Shaedon Sharpe. After not playing at Kentucky, Sharpe has been said to underwhelm multiple teams in pre-draft workouts. His range may begin with the New Orleans Pelicans at No. 8, but Sharpe could also feasibly be the target for any team that trades with Portland for the No. 7 pick. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Agbaji is the player I think Schlenk is targeting the most with a lottery pick (barring one of the top 4 dropping). Agbaji seems to be the most NBA ready of the top wing players. And he reminds me a lot of Hunter coming out, except with more hops. I believe Agbaji and Hunter could form a formidable duo on the wings, as opposed to Daniels who will likely need more development (though likely with the higher ceiling). 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, AHF said:

@FL_BRYANT - Give him the minutes that went to TLC and Kevin Knox.  Neither have a future with this team in any meaningful role, imo.  

My view is that he should have had a limited handful of regular minutes and you cut back if he struggles and give him more run if he thrives.  8 mpg +/- would work.  If everyone was healthy, it would be one thing but JC missed 28 games, Hunter missed 29 games, Gallo missed 16 games, and OO missed 34 games.  There were minutes to be had this past season.

The Hawks see these guys everyday in practice. Let's give the coaches some credit. After all these guys are basketball lifers. Apparently they had a reason or the front office would have put pressure on Nate to play him. I think JJ is a good draft pick who may become a very good player. I wish it could of happened last year. But, the Hawks wrongfully thought they had a team that could compete for a championship.  They got way ahead of themselves.  I hope they don't make a mistake trying to correct this year too fast by making a splash trade for a guy who doesn't fit their time line. I still think the Cam Reddish debacle set the Hawks back. Don't Panic Hawks! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

The Hawks see these guys everyday in practice. Let's give the coaches some credit. After all these guys are basketball lifers. Apparently they had a reason or the front office would have put pressure on Nate to play him. I think JJ is a good draft pick who may become a very good player. I wish it could of happened last year. But, the Hawks wrongfully thought they had a team that could compete for a championship.  They got way ahead of themselves.  I hope they don't make a mistake trying to correct this year too fast by making a splash trade for a guy who doesn't fit their time line. I still think the Cam Reddish debacle set the Hawks back. Don't Panic Hawks! 

They don't see JJ and Coop play everyday in practice because they are in the g-league and not with the team.  They do, however, see TLC and Knox in practice and so I'm sure they knew those guys were just filling space on the team but they had more comfort that they would be in the right spot on the floor even if they knew that they would be shooting sub 40% and not impacting the game positively on defense.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AHF said:

They don't see JJ and Coop play everyday in practice because they are in the g-league and not with the team.  They do, however, see TLC and Knox in practice and so I'm sure they knew those guys were just filling space on the team but they had more comfort that they would be in the right spot on the floor even if they knew that they would be shooting sub 40% and not impacting the game positively on defense.  

They spent plenty of time with the big team. Do you really think the Hawks didn't know how they were doing thru film, and reports of practice and games? Please, it doesn't work like that. Do you think the Braves are unaware of what's happening with their farm hands. No, they are fully aware of their progress. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No way he last time 16, he’s gone by 11 at the latest more like 7 or 8.

There's a chance. His stock is falling similar to JJ last year. Where everyone has him in the top 10 and he falls. 

His lack of defensive position and injury concerns could see him slide. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There's a chance. His stock is falling similar to JJ last year. Where everyone has him in the top 10 and he falls. 

#EZPassLane..... you know I'm right.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So why should the Hawks select him.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

#EZPassLane..... you know I'm right.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Jinx :laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jinx :laugh1:

He has a floor of 15PPG and a ceiling of 24PPG. So offensively, he can be a stud similar to how Herro is a stud for Miami off the bench as a 6th man. 

I see both sides of the above 'why should they select him?' argument....

My simple answer is, because it's the #16 pick. He's not expected to be there because he does have some upside. Just axe @Spud2nique .... I'm not as high on him as he is, but would take the gamble if he's there at #16. It would be in line with us getting JC and JJ. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He has a floor of 15PPG and a ceiling of 24PPG. So offensively, he can be a stud similar to how Herro is a stud for Miami off the bench as a 6th man. 

Look me in the eye and tell me this ain't Justice Winslow 2.0..... but with no defensive repertoire.

You can't do it, supey. 

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Look me in the eye and tell me this ain't Justice Winslow 2.0..... but with no defensive repertoire.

You can't do it, supey. 

He ain't Justice Winslow AT ALL. Winslow is MILES better defensively and he's a better athlete. Lateral, Winslow was top notch. They have a similar body type and ball handling but that's where it ends. Griffin is offensive skilled af. Winslow well, isn't. Winslow also can't shoot, Griffin is lights out. They are polar opposites.

People bet that Winslow would be a shooter, he would be a star. Whereas, Griffin, most kinda know what he is. A great offensive talent but has no defensive position, at all.  

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He ain't Justice Winslow AT ALL. Winslow is MILES better defensively and he's a better athlete. Lateral, Winslow was top notch. They have a similar body type and ball handling but that's where it ends. Griffin is offensive skilled af. Winslow well, isn't. Winslow also can't shoot, Griffin is lights out. They are polar opposites.

People bet that Winslow would be a shooter, he would be a star. Whereas, Griffin, most kinda know what he is. A great offensive talent but has no defensive position, at all.  

I also recall you saying Griffin wasn't quite there as a shooter either.

I can't think of a reason he's considered a lottery pick .... other than the fact that people just keep listing him as such.  Weird.

Seems a clear bust candidate to me.  Like, crystal clear.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I also recall you saying Griffin wasn't quite there as a shooter either.

I can't think of a reason he's considered a lottery pick .... other than the fact that people just keep listing him as such.  Weird.

Seems a clear bust candidate to me.  Like, crystal clear.

I don't recall saying that. 

His offensive talent for me is why he is but if he falls out, it's because he's best as a backup. Most guys who fall like JJ and JC fall because no one knows their real position as a prospect. They have to develop into it.