• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pick #16.....

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Do you think the Hawks will move up in the draft or use the pick in some other capacity? 

My hunch, and this is just a hunch, is that we will use the pick to get Ayton or Gobert or another SG. One of the names we want we would have to move up in the draft to get.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My hunch, and this is just a hunch, is that we will use the pick to get Ayton or Gobert or another SG. One of the names we want we would have to move up in the draft to 

In this trade up, would it be in the top 10 or top 5?  If you can elaborate  more?

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

In this trade up, would it be in the top 10 or top 5?  If you can elaborate  more?

I can't say anymore than what I did and I probably shouldn't have said that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

I have two specific names I'm not allowed to repeat. I do not think we are keeping the pick FWIW.

Dyson daniels.

Hawks might try to acquire 7 from portland in a jc deal to make it happen is my guess 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is the roster cruch that OKC is facing will their plethora of picks. So they'll need to consolidate their current roster and/or picks.

This is also what's going ot hurt Presti.  Has like 30 something picks in the next few years.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, warcore said:

With rumors of us talking with PTL about 7, I'm hoping we're eyeing Mathurin. 

Can't see us passing up Griffin at that height.... Well, yes I can...

I honestly think that Jalen Williams is the best 3 in the draft and will challenge from Day 1.  So if we get 7 and keep it...  we might use it to secure M Williams.   And use 16 to get somebody like Jalen WIlliams... but it's foreign to me that we would keep both picks. 

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Dyson daniels.

Hawks might try to acquire 7 from portland in a jc deal to make it happen is my guess 

I think it would take at least that to get Dyson. I am very high on that kid. I think he could be a tremendous player at SG for us. He checks off everything we need in the backcourt to play next to Trae.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think it would take at least that to get Dyson. I am very high on that kid. I think he could be a tremendous player at SG for us. He checks off everything we need in the backcourt to play next to Trae.

Did his shooting improve as the season went on? I just remember his three was bad for a bit, but everything else was so good for such a young player. 

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

Did his shooting improve as the season went on? I just remember his three was bad for a bit, but everything else was so good for such a young player. 

He had a slow start but really played much better as the season went on. His outside shooting is still a work in progress but his defense, size, passing and rebounding are already there. For him to be only 19 and to have his skill set....yes, I'd be more than fine with the Hawks trading up to get him.

If we can't get Lavine or a star SG then this is the next best option for us.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He had a slow start but really played much better as the season went on. His outside shooting is still a work in progress but his defense, size, passing and rebounding are already there. For him to be only 19 and to have his skill set....yes, I'd be more than fine with the Hawks trading up to get him.

If we can't get Lavine or a star SG then this is the next best option for us.

For wing options, I'd be okay with the following in no particular order

1. Malaki Branham

2. Dyson Daniels

3 AJ Griffin

4 Jalen Williams

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Going through my big board on the pod made me think about Walker Kessler and the Hawks at 16. It's a good fit especially as a 3rd stringer who can develop into a great backup and decent starter. 

Only if Duren and Williams are off the board.

• Like 1