• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pick #16.....

JayBirdHawk

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

OKC's given us a primo comparable by virtue of last year's deal.

Effectively, they gave up Horford for the #16.

Dort > Horford?

Granted, you can extend Dort, and if you love him that much maybe that makes him more valuable... but you really don't need to do that since you have Bird rights anyhow.

Your reply said it best, Dort returned in a package including the 16 is a better value.  My post was a bit strong, shall we say.

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is absolute madness!  Would you trade John Collins for Lu Dort??  Collins was the 19th pick.  Its useless talking with some people I see

Agreed on the "uselessness" because anyone knowledge understands you don't look at trades like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

you don't look at trades like this.

Correction...You don't but every other GM and scout has a value chart in front of them and none of them would value Lu Dort over the # 16th prospect in this years draft.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, sturt said:

I'll walk out on the plank further... Micic is a candidate for steal of the off-season.

Feel like this is actually the more consequential thing to consider.

I really don't want to trade BogBog because he's a security blanket. When he's been healthy, he's been solid if not great at times. My working theory would be to get through the first half of the season and see how the team is performing. Optimally, they're performing so well, that Ressler can't not be okay with paying some tax. But worst-case scenario, you could reasonably have the option to flip BogBog at the deadline, and get under the cap... and especially so if Micic is the asset he seems.

OH. And turns out Micic and BogBog are countrymen... not just fellow Euros but fellow Serbs, and naturally know each other very, very well.

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Correction...You don't but every other GM and scout has a value chart in front of them and none of them would value Lu Dort over the # 16th prospect in this years draft.

You do realize that after you draft a player you have to develop him. So it’s not like current JC for #16 it’s like rookie 2017 JC’s production vs Lu Dort’s  estimated numbers for next year.

Lu Dort 2022-23>JC 2017 (the rookie) 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You're purposefully misreading what i wrote.  Purposefully.  But I'm not gonna get locked into it with you so let's just agree to disagree. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did you all see this trade via BR.

A reach but this Griffin kid is Scottie Barnish from last year.

@Peoriabird I might be willing to flip JC for this kid. He just gets after it better. Lol. I know I said vet but this kid may be the one.

A462AF69-50B2-4540-8100-3ACC7CBD2F6C.jpeg

03F2A0A1-5824-470B-816E-EB3328632A76.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2

I always wanted Jaylen Brown or a Jaylen Brown type. If this comparison is true I’d give up JC and picks to bring in Harrison Barnes and Griffin. 

Over time, though, the Hawks' hope would be that Griffin's flashes of individual creation make him a high-level second option. The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor likened Griffin to Jaylen Brown and a three-point-shooting Jimmy Butler. If Griffin even approaches that level, Atlanta could have the juice it needs to rocket back up the conference standings.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, sturt said:

Oh, I agree. Give me Delon Wright as priority #1 for the off-season. I don't want to see any more PGs having to come in and get on-boarded with Nate. If Delon can be signed for about what he's been playing for (?), that's golden. And I also agree I don't give up the #16 pick for just Dort. I'm suggesting he come in a package, and that he comes to the team essentially having a year impress enough to want to keep him. Here's how it would look...

2022-05-29_08-45-29.png

Mind you, zooming out, this really illustrates how vulnerable BogBog is.... we're not even paying the rest of the roster much, but his $18m... now combined with the additional $6m Trae's making.... puts us in that first $5m tier of taxpayers, and if we were to tip over that $154m threshold to the next higher tier, I think that's probably a non-started with Ressler until we actually win something.

The wild card in the equation is what you could sign Micic for... and I definitely think Micic's acquisition makes BogBog even more vulnerable, since their games are pretty similar.

I'll walk out on the plank further... Micic is a candidate for steal of the off-season.

Doh.

Yeah, have to give a #30 pick a rookie scale contract... so slight correction... the deal would be #16 pick/Gallo for #34 pick/Micic/Dort/Roby/Williams after all.

Does it improve your defense?

Hell yeah.

Roby > Gallo

Williams > Reddish/TLC/Knox

Dort > [???... no one on the 2021-22 roster to even compare him to]

And laugh if you must, but I still maintain that the ACC and NABC National Defensive Player of the Year in 2019 is developing... and he will have the last laugh at those who doubted his emerging as a defensive star in the NBA.

And laugh if you must, but I still maintain that Big2O may not have been national defensive player of the year--he only had his freshman year, after all--but he, too, will have the last laugh at anyone who doubted he would emerge as a defensive star in the NBA.

So, I see blue skies, nothing but blue skies if this were to be our defensive make-up for 2022-23.

Yes, you're correct, I said nothing about Micic. If you're like me, you've watched him and he doesn't appear to be anything special on defense, and potentially even a negative. Not finding anything to substantiate that statistically, but it would seem likely. However... I did find that he's one crafty SOB... he's been top 10 in steals for the last three years. So, even there, he's not a total loss, and in fact when you look at his assists and turnovers, he doesn't give and take... he only takes.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

He does have a lil Jimmy baby But in him too.

One of my favorites in the draft.. Never thought of him being a Hawk because I dont see us trading up for another young player.. I'd do this trade in a heartbeat though... Barnes isnt half bad either as a stretch 4.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 1:18 PM, NBASupes said:

I like Tari Eason the most but whatever they do, bring someone that can help us immediately 

Eason doesnt need alot of touches to be effective.. We need that..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Don't fall for it.  Justise WinSLOW 2.0.

Plan for this draft: Trade this pick.  Profit.

I don't think Griffin is Winslow 2.0 but I don't think he's Brown either. Brown was freaky athletic. Griffin is a good athlete like Winslow was but Griffin can shoot, something Winslow always struggled with.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think Griffin is Winslow 2.0 but I don't think he's Brown either. Brown was freaky athletic. Griffin is a good athlete like Winslow was but Griffin can shoot, something Winslow always struggled with.

Griffin is recovering from a knee surgery that generally takes a year to get his explosiveness back.  He was an athletic freak before the injury. 

I'm all in for getting Griffin, but I'm not trading JC for him. If it includes JC, I'm not willing to try it.  

Go get Jaden Hardy, Kendall Brown, or Malaki Branham and call it a day.

I'm not about weakening the front court. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You agree with me.  You just tryna make it sound like you don't. 

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You agree with me.  You just tryna make it sound like you don't. 

Lol...you always put the worst comparisons on these young players. 

Griffin's going to be really good.  His shooting was no fluke and will be his best skill coming in.  

If he's there around 10 or 11 the Hawks should move up and grab him. We need another big wwing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lol...you always put the worst comparisons on these young players. 

Griffin's going to be really good.  His shooting was no fluke and will be his best skill coming in.  

If he's there around 10 or 11 the Hawks should move up and grab him. We need another big wwing.

Yawn.

Another underathletic, college PF folks trick themselves into thinking they're looking at a big wing.

Hey, give me credit.  I've largely stayed away from this draft.  Letting you bros have your fun.

Whats that?  You want my thoughts on that Blanchero guy?  Eh, a less athletic Jabari Parker.  Buyer beware.

😉

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yawn.

Another underathletic, college PF folks trick themselves into thinking they're looking at a big wing.

Hey, give me credit.  I've largely stayed away from this draft.  Letting you bros have your fun.

Whats that?  You want my thoughts on that Blanchero guy?  Eh, a less athletic Jabari Parker.  Buyer beware.

😉

AJ is a wing. How do you get power forward from his skillet?

He is 6'6" with 7 ft wingspan.

• Like 1