• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pick #16.....

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Bigjmw said:

How would yall feel about trading for Christian Wood? Versatile big who can play the 4/5 and average 18 and 10. He is on the block with Paulo on the way with Sengun 1yr in.

He could really space the floor for us, as well as bring more shot creation than John Collins.

I'll leave @kg01 to respond on Wood.

For me, you don't trade a #16 pick for a guy on an expiring contract. Not a good use of an asset.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll leave @kg01 to respond on Wood.

For, you don't trade a #16 pick for a guy on an expiring contract. Not a good use of an asset.

How bout this one. @kg01 don’t @ me :indifferent: 

B08B8200-40ED-4429-9C0F-DA5FF2A5F9E2.jpeg

I’m doing this.

🏃‍♀️ 

Out before the bashing :huh:

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How bout this one. @kg01 don’t @ me :indifferent: 

B08B8200-40ED-4429-9C0F-DA5FF2A5F9E2.jpeg

I’m doing this.

🏃‍♀️ 

Out before the bashing :huh:

Heyul to the nawl.   That's basically trading Collins, Hunter, and 2 1sts for Nance, Temple, and the chance at paying near max to wonder how few games a fat guy will play.

45 minutes ago, Bigjmw said:

How would yall feel about trading for Christian Wood? Versatile big who can play the 4/5 and average 18 and 10. He is on the block with Paulo on the way with Sengun 1yr in.

He could really space the floor for us, as well as bring more shot creation than John Collins.

Wood, iirc, has been on like 8 teams in 7 years or stte.  And has been productive at each stop.  So why is he always on the move? 

That scares me.  There have been rumors he is an attitude issue, which would explain the movement.

That plus the short term contract make trading for him untenable imho.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heyul to the nawl. 

:laugh1: Nice. 

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

paying near max to wonder how few games a fat guy will pl

But him and Trae! The 2019 draft lottery day could come true! 

Here is where we differ. I think Zion makes a good clean comeback and plays injury free ball moving forward. My evidence to prove my theory is..

hey look 👀 what’s that thing? 🤔 

🏃‍♀️ 

:laugh:

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: Nice. 

But him and Trae! The 2019 draft lottery day could come true! 

Here is where we differ. I think Zion makes a good clean comeback and plays injury free ball moving forward. My evidence to prove my theory is..

hey look 👀 what’s that thing? 🤔 

🏃‍♀️ 

:laugh:

Yeah, you got me ... almost.

That's where I differ from most on Zion.  I never thought he'd avoid injury no matter how much weight he (temporarily) loses.

Hey, if anybody thinks this is recency bias, nah.  Check the receipts.  I've been proven right on this one sp far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Heyul to the nawl.   That's basically trading Collins, Hunter, and 2 1sts for Nance, Temple, and the chance at paying near max to wonder how few games a fat guy will play.

Wood, iirc, has been on like 8 teams in 7 years or stte.  And has been productive at each stop.  So why is he always on the move? 

That scares me.  There have been rumors he is an attitude issue, which would explain the movement.

That plus the short term contract make trading for him untenable imho.

I support all the venom in this.

@Spud2nique knows better than this! 

Funny Spank GIFs | Tenor

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I've been proven right on this one sp far.

No doubt this receipt 🧾 you’ve got an A+ because dude was out a full year plus. I’m banking on him being fully healthy moving on into the next 3 years.

I think he plays 186/246 games in the next 3 regular seasons. I’m here for an avatar bet. It’ll be a marathon avatar bet but nonetheless a bet. That’s over 75%.

8F7509ED-D635-4D29-B68B-711469787DF7.jpeg

3B36126A-EFE2-4C34-8EAF-608E74666EC9.jpeg

296CE080-1E91-4A22-BC80-0E9CEF992A59.jpeg

A4268585-3573-45F2-A5A3-265E7A0DF741.jpeg

01104FE6-447D-438A-955B-A8F415923C88.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No doubt this receipt 🧾 you’ve got an A+ because dude was out a full year plus. I’m banking on him being fully healthy moving on into the next 3 years.

I think he plays 186/246 games in the next 3 regular seasons. I’m here for an avatar bet. It’ll be a marathon avatar bet but nonetheless a bet. That’s over 75%.

3B36126A-EFE2-4C34-8EAF-608E74666EC9.jpeg

296CE080-1E91-4A22-BC80-0E9CEF992A59.jpeg

A4268585-3573-45F2-A5A3-265E7A0DF741.jpeg

01104FE6-447D-438A-955B-A8F415923C88.jpeg

I’m with you Spud! I’m over the pussyfooting around, tinkering on the edges. I’m ready to go full Rambo and just go for it all or go down in a blaze of glory. 
6FC228C9-F695-4AD4-89B0-2A404F71DB28.gif.79a5ca1911ddc425a07642e5f59bdc65.gif

5F2FFA91-2A46-4C7D-9DB7-955A59D36341.gif.e2ab020add84fa0dd04ba811387abc79.gifGood lord, could you imagine how many thread pages Zion would generate on this site? I’m guessing thousands. It would be pure pandemonium and I’m all for it. 

• Haha 2

.... and then he'd be hurt again.  Juice ain't worth the squeeze .... into the XXXL shorts. 

Ok, that comes across as overly harsh.  The reality is I don't think he has a body meant for basketball, full stop.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, kg01 said:

.... and then he'd be hurt again.  Juice ain't worth the squeeze .... into the XXXL shorts. 

Ok, that comes across as overly harsh.  The reality is I don't think he has a body meant for basketball, full stop.

Well Collins and Hunter havent been the most dependable guys in their careers either.. Just sayin....

3 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I’m with you Spud! I’m over the pussyfooting around, tinkering on the edges. I’m ready to go full Rambo and just go for it all or go down in a blaze of glory. 
6FC228C9-F695-4AD4-89B0-2A404F71DB28.gif.79a5ca1911ddc425a07642e5f59bdc65.gif

5F2FFA91-2A46-4C7D-9DB7-955A59D36341.gif.e2ab020add84fa0dd04ba811387abc79.gifGood lord, could you imagine how many thread pages Zion would generate on this site? I’m guessing thousands. It would be pure pandemonium and I’m all for it. 

Damn. I saw Spud’s post, and full Rambo'd on it. Opened up a thread, saw Spud’s exact same post, with no Rambo comment. Figured my post didn’t go, not realizing it was on another thread!

Dang it, @Spud2nique! Quit double dipping your responses. That’s @sturt’s M.O. 

Now my double post lost impact by diluting the waters. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hey, I’m dangled my avatar right in front of your face, if you feel squirmy just jump.

image.gif.015eeb55263fc8bd0a59ba7541adfe2d.gif

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Quit double dipping your responses. That’s @sturt’s M.O. 

@bird_dirt I didn't get the joke the first time, and I don't get it now.

Did your mother really never say to you, "Dirt, what did I tell you already!?! Are you going to make me repeat myself? I'm not gonna tell you again!"

It perhaps didn't happen for you, Eagle Scout that I suppose you were, but it happened for most of us, and it only happened because we didn't listen the first time.

Sometimes, a person can post a total de-bunk-ation (yes, that's a word... I just made it a word) of some flawed logic, only to see that a few people seem to pay no attention.

Why should I go to the work of writing a whole new de-bunk-ation post, when there's already one just sitting there???

So, look, it's on them, not on me, if/when it ever becomes necessary to repeat a post... and at that, it's done as a public service for their own good. Just as it was for our own good when our moms repeated something important. It's just how it works. 🙂

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, sturt said:

@bird_dirt I didn't get the joke the first time, and I don't get it now.

Did your mother really never say to you, "Dirt, what did I tell you already!?! Are you going to make me repeat myself? I'm not gonna tell you again!"

It perhaps didn't happen for you, Eagle Scout that I suppose you were, but it happened for most of us, and it only happened because we didn't listen the first time.

Sometimes, a person can post a total de-bunk-ation (yes, that's a word... I just made it a word) of some flawed logic, only to see that a few people seem to pay no attention.

Why should I go to the work of writing a whole new de-bunk-ation post, when there's already one just sitting there???

So, look, it's on them, not on me, if/when it ever becomes necessary to repeat a post... and at that, it's done as a public service for their own good. Just as it was for our own good when our moms repeated something important. It's just how it works. 🙂

Hey, that’s part of what makes you you, buddy.  Never change. And don’t forget to bump that post!
😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

First... I'd be in favor of a cultural board rule that we all follow as conscientious citizens of Hawksquawk land that makes posting images that are larger than 480 pixels something that has the public-nose-picking effect... sure, there's no law against it, but if you do it, people are gonna notice and they're gonna be embarrassed for you.

Just sayin. 😉

Second.

How the hell are we going to improve this damn defense, people????????

You keep proposing stupid stuff that totally disregards the primary objective of the off-season, ratcheting up our defense so that our already-superior offense can have optimal effect?

"But Miami [blah, blah, blah... and more blah] !!!!"

That's been answered. Do I really have to bump up all those posts, much to @bird_dirt's chagrin???

We were capable of matching MIA's offense. The problem wasn't that. When Trae has his PnR buddies at his disposal... when our legs are essentially in the same condition as the opposition's legs, rested for a week instead of playing two win-or-go-home games in short order.

Nahnahbahnah... the problem was we were totally incapable of matching MIA's defense.

Now, I don't want to see any more posts on this board calling for some wacky addition for which there is no defensive advantage/benefit that could be expected on the other side.

Do you hear me??? Listen to me when I'm talking to you. Don't give me that look!

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, terrell said:

havent been the most dependable

hehe

Well, there's too undependable... and then there's too unavailable, a whole category beyond.

Having said that, it's the one "reasonable" reason to listen to offers for JC and Dre, imo. But I have difficulty believing we'd be able to get a reasonable return.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Nahnahbahnah... the problem was we were totally incapable of matching MIA's defense.

Miami may have very well run us out of the building but our most important defensive player is CC and that isn't particularly close.  With JC hobbled and CC out, I would predict that we will struggle defensively because Trae, Bogi, Huerter, and Gallo aren't impact defenders.  Those absences fundamentally limited what we could do on both sides of the floor.

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey, I’m dangled my avatar right in front of your face, if you feel squirmy just jump.

That is a legit avatar bet.  The Zion naysayers should be jumping on that without hesitation.

Kudos, @Spud2nique

On Zion, I would be scared if we made that deal but having Zion would be very exciting.  I would be pumped, I won't lie.  I will say that I know losing him at some point may be necessary but I would be sorry to lose JC and I think a Zion deal would be built around him.

• Like 2