• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pick #16.....

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

theoretical regular season win percentage

For the Real Hawks, .621 was exactly their winning percentage. The other was a combination of Real Hawks and Gumbo Hawks.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Did you watch the our series against the Heat? We were thoroughly out classed. It's as if many on the Squawk are pretending that didnt happen.

To the contrary, some of us are taking the accurate lesson from the series. Others seem to want to dismiss conditions that cannot be dismissed by any sober, intellectually-honest analysis.

2022-06-03_22-39-42.png

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

:indifferent:

I get that reaction.

I even endorse it.

A little surprised no one's called me out on it by now.

All-NBA players aren't easy to acquire. When you get one, you have one of the historical prerequisites for winning a title.

So, yeah, I wasn't serious about that part.

To the rest? Yeah. No to that either. It's not the time for adding draft picks.

Rather... if you dispatch any of the young core, then you've significantly done injury to the long-term chemistry benefit you'd otherwise built... so why not... just make every trade for short-term benefit that you can, and make an all-out assault on a title... worked for the Rams last season, right?

• Thanks 1

Maybe If we take an older and more experienced guard like Agbaji, Nate might play him...

Not sure he falls to 16 though... He's a high flier who can shoot, defend, and finish at the rim with power(something our guards/wings cant or wont do)....Great length for his size too....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, terrell said:

Maybe If we take an older and more experienced guard like Agbaji, Nate might play him...

Not sure he falls to 16 though... He's a high flier who can shoot, defend, and finish at the rim with power(something our guards/wings cant or wont do)....Great length for his size too....

Isn't he like a 4th year senior?

Shades of Shane Battier.   Good player but not a star player. 

On 6/3/2022 at 1:45 PM, Sothron said:

Another guy I want to talk about. Dyson Daniels. He's a 6'7" 19 year old from Australia that can defend, has a great floater and is a very good passer. He needs to work on his outside shot but I think in terms of both potential and what he can immediately bring on the court as a very good defender he would be a great pickup for us.

He will not be available at 16 though. He's been moving up draft boards since his measurements came in.  He's a very good defender.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Isn't he like a 4th year senior?

Shades of Shane Battier.   Good player but not a star player. 

So was Desmond Bane(who I had in my mock with a trade down).. And He's nothing like Battier playing wise.... But yeah he's a Senior (who improved every year).. Hell, we took Dre at 4 at the same age... Nate isnt playing a 19 yr old kid...We all know that.. "Star" or not...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I like Malaki Branham here too. He shot 42% on catch and shoot 3PA, and at 6'5 w/ 6'10 wingspan he has two-way potential. His other strengths are his mid-range game and taking on contact at the rim to get to the line where he shot 80%. Now, I said two way potential, that's based on his measurables because he did show some lapses on that side of the court as a Freshman. But I definitely see a future in the league for a player like him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, terrell said:

So was Desmond Bane(who I had in my mock with a trade down).. And He's nothing like Battier playing wise.... But yeah he's a Senior (who improved every year).. Hell, we took Dre at 4 at the same age... Nate isnt playing a 19 yr old kid...We all know that.. "Star" or not...

We don't pick players based on the coach.  The coach may not always be with us.   We pick BPA or BPTFs..

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

He will not be available at 16 though. He's been moving up draft boards since his measurements came in.  He's a very good defender.

IMO he's worth trading up to get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangHolman said:

I like Malaki Branham here too. He shot 42% on catch and shoot 3PA, and at 6'5 w/ 6'10 wingspan he has two-way potential. His other strengths are his mid-range game and taking on contact at the rim to get to the line where he shot 80%. Now, I said two way potential, that's based on his measurables because he did show some lapses on that side of the court as a Freshman. But I definitely see a future in the league for a player like him.

This is who I've been screaming for since I started looking at scouting videos. 

Also would like Kendall Brown in the second if he's there.  May have to move up to get him, but 6'8" with 6'11" wingspan.  Good defender, but terrible shooter.  Good cutter and finisher on offense.  Shown flashes of being a good passer. Needs to improve his handle.  Crazy athlete though.

• Premium Member

Not at #16...

But can this kid play?

Shams Charania: LSU junior Shareef O’Neal – son of Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal – is now eligible to be selected in the 2022 NBA draft, the league informed teams. A prior list of withdrawals mistakenly included O’Neal. The 6-foot-10 prospect stays in Draft and has upcoming team workouts.