• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Abu Dhabi bound Hawks (preseason games)

Spud2nique

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

This is preseason.

With that being said, it was great to see how well the team played.  Still plenty of things to work on, but I was very encouraged. 

A few notes which many have already stated. 

1. 3 pointers should not be a concern with the way this team was scoring the ball at the rim and midrange. Teams generally give up mid range shots in the playoffs and little known fact, Golden State kills teams in the playoffs with their mid-range.

2. Second unit was a pleasant surprise with how it extended the lead with Trae on the bench.

3. I'm not concerned about rebounding considering it is the preseason and Clint was only on the floor for 24 minutes AND Milwaukee is one of the best rebounding teams with their size and offensive rebounding efforts.

4. Frank Kaminsky is coming off an injury. Maybe give him more than one preseason game before calling him washed up?

5. The entire starting unit looked fantastic. Dejounte looked like a bona-fide allstar out there.

6. Dre Hunter - if he is healthy he is going to make a lot of people eat crow. I hope he earns a max this season!

7. JC - so happy to see the finger didn't hinder his performance.

8- Trae was just out there having a good time and still put up 22 points.

I'm excited about this season and this team!

You hope Dre gets a max, Murray gets a max. There's only so many maxes a team can hand out. 

• Premium Member

To be fair to Frank the Tank he is coming off missing basically all of last season with an injury. He has clear rust from being out so long.

Personally I would have brought Dieng back but he might not have wanted to be a third center.

• Like 3

Someone said, "I'm happy to see that the Hawks now have a second PG."  I agree.

Aaron Holiday looks like he can step right in and replace Trae at a moments notice!

I expect to see some action from our "other than starter" players Saturday.  I believe that we have several players that were only given token minutes.  Time to see what else we have.

Too bad that we have a couple of our Hawks still here in the USA.  They should get time when the team returns.  Watching a pre-season game winds us up, being excited for when those games that count in the standings begins.  

🧑‍🔧 Building a winner!

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

If he earns a max, his representation will be expecting a max. 

Wait what? So you are saying if Dre becomes an all Star, we have to pay him the same as other all stars? No way!!! This is madness!!!🤐

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

You hope Dre gets a max, Murray gets a max. There's only so many maxes a team can hand out. 

Which is why we need to resign Hunter now.  There is zero upside for the Hawks in waiting out the season.  There is only potential his price goes up and we can't afford him.  Only way his price drops is if he has a career altering injury, which can happen to any player.  

It's just not worth the risk.  We have no backup plan at the 3.  He is our only legitimate option there.

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What I'm saying is you can't give everybody a max. That's not how it works.

Seems like there's 3 different conversations going on with yall.  I'm smart so I'll try and bridge the gap.

Marco is saying he hopes he plays well enough that the max discussion is a reasonable one.

Bleach is saying the cba precludes us from paying him a full max anyways plus it may not be prudent to do so.

Peo is saying he would've paid him a max already if it was his money. 

We on the same page now?

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, kg01 said:

And, before Johhny no-Homer aka @shakes chimes in, yes this was just preseason so no need to go gaga.

Still, it's better to look decent in a W than to be tryna pick silver linings in a L. 

even a pessimist like me was very happy wiht what he saw.  Heck, I'm pretty sure I even saw Trae run the baseline trying to get open one time.

But I was one of the people who loved the DJM trade from the start so no surprise there.

5 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Which is why we need to resign Hunter now.  There is zero upside for the Hawks in waiting out the season.  There is only potential his price goes up and we can't afford him.  Only way his price drops is if he has a career altering injury, which can happen to any player.  

It's just not worth the risk.  We have no backup plan at the 3.  He is our only legitimate option there.

Na, if Hunter has another injury riddled season we just need to move on from him. His skills are great but he needs to prove we can depend on him for a season.

5 minutes ago, shakes said:

even a pessimist like me was very happy wiht what he saw.  Heck, I'm pretty sure I even saw Trae run the baseline trying to get open one time.

But I was one of the people who loved the DJM trade from the start so no surprise there.

We still 6th or 7th in the East?

image.gif.8259589f3778afb0dbda02f12f739a61.gif

Backpedal shakes and do it fast 💨 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

No-Homer Simpson picked us 7-8?

Sheesh, @shakes, do you hate us secretly? 

Well he said we shouldn’t be “surprised” or “offended” or “irritated” that we weren’t voted top 6.

Well I was and I am. We a top 4 East squad maybe top 2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Well he said we shouldn’t be “surprised” or “offended” or “irritated” that we weren’t voted top 6.

Well I was and I am. We a top 4 East squad maybe top 2.

I think I'm just much lower on some of the teams folks assume will be ahead of us.  TOR, CLE, MIA, BKN, are generally picked ahead of us but I wouldn't be surprised or offended if either of those teams disappoint.

• Like 2