• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Abu Dhabi bound Hawks (preseason games)

Spud2nique

31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I get the importance of shooting and floor spacing and all that but folks seem to forget how much teams scored in the 80's without 3's.  It's possible.  And, if we're being honest, most teams would struggle to stop it these days.

I try to make this point all the time.Teams put up numbers before the three.

I would love to see JC used more in the post but he needs to play stronger down low. We have a real strong base but may need to tweak some down the line. (Size,  rebounding)

Really excited by what we can be!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I get the importance of shooting and floor spacing and all that but folks seem to forget how much teams scored in the 80's without 3's.  It's possible.  And, if we're being honest, most teams would struggle to stop it these days.

Ya there was a point in the game where we were moving it super efficient and I think Hunter was the guy with the shot. Ya I’m been clamoring to bury team in deep, we have better more versatile bigs than other clubs.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

We scored like 70-something points with like 3-4 3's made or something, right?

Mayhaps we'll be aight but will play a different way.

I expect defenses to tighten up.  It's the first game.   However, I was enthused seeing us running the ball back up.. even when Trae was at the point.   I was also excited to see the ball handlers galore that we have.  AND Murray was right at home.   I do expect defenses to tighten up on our FGs.. but we still have Bogi and AJ and Collins and Trae and Holiday.. we have shooters.   Maybe not the uber shooter like Gallo but shooters non the less and I think they fit with our new style of play.   So that when the defenses do get tight, we have an answer. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, sturt said:

Just got off the road, and playing catch-up.

Well, then again, maybe I won't bother...

Nate, if you're reading this... this is unacceptable from where I sit. Didn't have to be 15 minutes. But it certainly had to be more than 1. Unless, of course, AJ tweaked his ankle or something... and I'm not sure which would be worse, really... that he hurt himself again or that you're that disinterested in getting a player widely considered a top 10 rookie on the floor.

Ouch. As if 1 minute for AJ isn't enough.... *heavy sigh*... who got the most minutes???...

Weakest link of the anticipated rotation.

Nate, Nate, Nate.... *heavy sigh*.... please tell me that Schleilds wanted you to showcase him for a pending trade partner... please.

2022-10-06_20-15-00.png

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, marco102 said:

4. Frank Kaminsky is coming off an injury. Maybe give him more than one preseason game before calling him washed up?

3 game superstar. Doubt he's washed up. The other 6 games he played last season are likely more reflective of what we should expect, since those were more similar to his typical performance... and then there are the rest of the games, in which he didn't play at all, which are arguably the most reflective of his likely contribution here for 22-23.

Look, I like the pick-up. I just don't like the pick-up without having any apparent plan for how you deal with things when he goes down for the 5th year in a row.

Nope, no one's called me to offer a GM job recently, as amazing at that sounds, but it doesn't take a person qualified to be a GM to recognize the thin ice that Schleilds is choosing to skate on here... we are not a team that has been able to enjoy durable bigs to begin with, and now you propose that we go the entire season with Kaminsky as our only 3rd unit big???

Best stat of the day... Capela 4 PFs... Okongwu 5 PFs... was one of two wishes I had for this game that there would be some foul trouble for our frontcourt guys.

• Confused 2