• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Abu Dhabi bound Hawks (preseason games)

Spud2nique

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Because he fits so well with the current roster and it was on full display during this game but yet at times it felt like there was some regency to trade him both by the staff and some fans. Some fans voice their concerns about his fit also.

They never tried to move him after trading for Murray though Peo.... But Trae Huerter and JC couldnt be on the court together and expect us to stop anyone... He fits better with Murray addition..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

It won't be easy replacing Huerter and Gallo’s three pt shooting. Didn't like the Heuerter trade. I didn't like how we used him. Can Holiday replace him? I don't know.  I do know Holiday can't shoot like Heuerter. I hope JJ is ready to go.

We may never replace the individual 3 point shooting numbers but their replacements may offer other things that we have sorely lacked.

Gallo is the one we will miss the most.  Waiting to see how JJ replaces him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We may never replace the individual 3 point shooting numbers but their replacements may offer other things that we have sorely lacked.

Gallo is the one we will miss the most.  Waiting to see how JJ replaces him.

We scored like 70-something points with like 3-4 3's made or something, right?

Mayhaps we'll be aight but will play a different way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

We scored like 70-something points with like 3-4 3's made or something, right?

Mayhaps we'll be aight but will play a different way.

This is by far will be the biggest difference.  In lieu of Huerter settling for a 3 on a fast break Murray is driving the ball, Similarly with JJ's ability to run the floor in lieu of Gallo trailing and spotting up from 3.  I think we'll have more impactful plays at the rim.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

2. 1 minute played

Just got off the road, and playing catch-up.

Well, then again, maybe I won't bother...

Nate, if you're reading this... this is unacceptable from where I sit. Didn't have to be 15 minutes. But it certainly had to be more than 1. Unless, of course, AJ tweaked his ankle or something... and I'm not sure which would be worse, really... that he hurt himself again or that you're that disinterested in getting a player widely considered a top 10 rookie on the floor.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Just got off the road, and playing catch-up.

Well, then again, maybe I won't bother...

Nate, if you're reading this... this is unacceptable from where I sit. Didn't have to be 15 minutes. But it certainly had to be more than 1. Unless, of course, AJ tweaked his ankle or something... and I'm not sure which would be worse, really... that he hurt himself again or that you're that disinterested in getting a player widely considered a top 10 rookie on the floor.

He was at the table to check in with 3 minutes left in the game but there was no play stoppage prior.

He should play more on Saturday since the starters will be resting.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

It's Giannis though. Who stops Giannis? 

Not just Giannis.. I can name a few others.. Dont want to get into that though.. Thats history.. Hes a way better fit now with Dejounte on the team.. You cant have 3 bad/mediocre defenders starting on the same team.. Murray fixes that...Now Hunter can guard all of the BIG wings with Murray cahsing guards around... And JC can do his thing with help defense..

Edited by terrell