• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You know what modern PFs do - shoot with range and take more than 3 total attempts from 3 in 2 years...just saying.

Players also grow especially young players. Horford took a total of 29 3pt attempts his first 7 seasons in the nba and his last 7 seasons he avg 200 or more attempts from 3.

OO can expand….”just saying”

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

His nickname to me is what he wants to be called, which is Big O. 

Respecting the game or its legends has zero to do with placing nicknames on some mythical retired wall and anyone suggesting otherwise is living in their own delusional fantasy land. 

Which you are free to do. But it doesn't mean I'm going to live there too. 

You lost me on the first sentence. No one and I mean no one gets to PICK their nickname. You don't pick your nickname. It is given to you. 

So that is yet another reason never to never call OO the nickname another player was given. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You know what modern PFs do - shoot with range and take more than 3 total attempts from 3 in 2 years...just saying.

They do that too but defense is far more important for modern PFs. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Matt Ryan was also known as Ice. As have been others. Who cares? 

You mean Matty Ice? I never heard of anyone being called Matty Ice before. I never heard anyone just call him Ice. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Getting back to the theme of the thread....

So, follow-up questions if I may... (a) Capela's exit isn't conditional on anything else from what you understood... and (b) it is the first move, but probably not the only... ?

Capela's exit is probably linked to something else I was told and the other insiders have also heard but can't repeat. I don't think it will be the only move. I think it is possible you see at least two trades.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

Players also grow especially young players. Horford took a total of 29 3pt attempts his first 7 seasons in the nba and his last 7 seasons he avg 200 or more attempts from 3.

Horford was also shooting mid range and long 2s so the next progression under Bud was 3s. PnP was Al's game.

OO can expand? Expand from what? Zero? You mean he actually has to start shooting from midrange first.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You lost me on the first sentence. No one and I mean no one gets to PICK their nickname. You don't pick your nickname. It is given to you. 

So that is yet another reason never to never call OO the nickname another player was given. 

Remind me again what nickname everyone that is close to him calls him? 

I can break it down for y'all if you haven't been paying attention. 

Supes was hell bent on getting Gobert, but then pivoted to Ayton off of information. 

He and Camp have both indicated that John is gone.  For what? I have no idea, but Supes wants OO to feel the whole that John will leave. 

So Ayton in and JC out.

For what? I hope it's a championship eventually. Most likely a draft pick to help with salary management.

Ayton has to chose Atlanta which is down to Atl and Detroit per reporting.

Oh Capela's out too.  

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Matt Ryan was also known as Ice. As have been others. Who cares? 

hehehehe... yeah... so that's kinda like saying "Well, sturt.... Frank Thomas was also known as Big Hurt... so there... and you didn't raise hell over him imposing on Oscar Robertson... so, that debunks that... sure showed you."

Keep laughing, but among the adults, I'm not the ridiculous one where this topic is concerned.

If you asked Oscar... if you had the balls to ask Oscar... do you really think it doesn't matter to him? And he might be too humble to admit it, I wouldn't know. But what's so hard about assuming it might matter? What's so hard about taking the higher road? What exactly is it that you feel we owe to a young kid more than we owe a HoFer?

No one's going to war over it, but there's just something decent about being decent... like it or not, to those who choose to disrespect, that's a reflection on the respect they deserve.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

OO didnt score 20 or more points in any game this season. For whatever reason, him and Trae arent connecting as well as they should. 

• Premium Member

People are getting antsy and anxious.

Let's be real. There's a whole lot that we have discussed here every February and June/July that, in the end, didn't end up happening. I'd slow down anticipating anything with anything close to 100% confidence.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Capela's exit is probably linked to something else I was told and the other insiders have also heard but can't repeat. I don't think it will be the only move. I think it is possible you see at least two trades.

Hmmmm... if Capela is gone + BogBog, then that tiptoes right up to the "roster overhaul" line from where I sit, but might not cross it still.

If Capela is gone + any of our young core (most certainly JC), then what Schlenk said must be taken as a blatant lie.

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

People are getting antsy and anxious.

Let's be real. There's a whole lot that we have discussed here every February and June/July that, in the end, didn't end up happening. I'd slow down anticipating anything with anything close to 100% confidence.

I'm emotionally preparing myself to come away empty handed. There just arent that many sellers, and too many buyers, and in that market trades can become cost prohibitive. We might pick at #16 and call it a day. 

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm emotionally preparing myself to come away empty handed. There just arent that many sellers, and too many buyers, and in that market trades can become cost prohibitive. We might pick at #16 and call it a day. 

I love this time of year and all the rumors but I always temper my expectations - can't wait for the Squawk meltdown 🙃 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Hmmmm... if Capela is gone + BogBog, then that tiptoes right up to the "roster overhaul" line from where I sit, but might not cross it still.

If Capela is gone + any of our young core (most certainly JC), then what Schlenk said must be taken as a blatant lie.

Why is it a lie when things are changing all the time? If the price comes down on one of our targets, then what might have been a quiet offseason could turn into a major overhaul. That doesn't mean Schlenk was trying to be deceptive.

24 minutes ago, sturt said:

1. Keep laughing, but among the adults, I'm not the ridiculous one where this topic is concerned.

2. What exactly is it that you feel we owe to a young kid more than we owe a HoFer?

3. No one's going to war over it, but there's just something decent about being decent... like it or not, to those who choose to disrespect, that's a reflection on the respect they deserve.

1. Opinions vary.

2. Why is either of them owed anything at all relating to this? This is some serious drama queen mentality going on here...

3. Again, if anyone CHOOSES to view it as disrespect, then that is on THEM, not me. Some people wrongly choose to view kneeling for the anthem as disrespecting the flag instead of its stated purpose. That wrong interpretation is on them, not the person kneeling in an attempt to bring awareness to issues of social justice. 

Making this a decent person versus disrespectful person issue is comical. A nickname is an inconsequential issue, which is why I find it so humorous that it bends some people out of shape. The fact that some want to frame it as some giant social faux-pas is genuinely mind boggling. 

Edited by RandomFan