• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Moderators

That officially scares the #### out of me if we are giving up a significant package for Murray to be our second scorer.  What champion has someone that inefficient as their second option?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Since we've slowed down a little... Maybe we can have a quick conversation..

It went without comment and it may not be true at all... but one report said. 

Hawks FO didn't feel that Murray and Trae were a good fit.

I realize that the context was surrounded by the high price that San Antonio was asking... but on it's face, what do you guys think of that statement??

Murray is not a shooter.   He's a slash guy.   What do you think about that statement?

I too wondered about this. If that’s how we felt then what the heck were we even doing. It doesn’t seem as if SA was shopping him around, so why would we have pursued something we didn’t think would work.

It screams of the guy who says “you ain’t even that cute” after he gets turned down. Ya know?

1 minute ago, AHF said:

That officially scares the #### out of me if we are giving up a significant package for Murray to be our second scorer.  What champion has someone that inefficient as their second option?

or do you have any better options?  We are all ears here

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bruh scoring isn’t a problem… we NEED perimeter defense!!!!!!!! How quickly y’all forget things.

Marcus Smart bricks balls all the time and he got DPOY and to the finals. Yeah we I know we also need a Jaylen Brown… cough DeAndre wake up… 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Look at his PER and defense and be at peace. We don't need him to be a 20 ppg scorer.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Since we've slowed down a little... Maybe we can have a quick conversation..

It went without comment and it may not be true at all... but one report said. 

Hawks FO didn't feel that Murray and Trae were a good fit.

I realize that the context was surrounded by the high price that San Antonio was asking... but on it's face, what do you guys think of that statement??

Murray is not a shooter.   He's a slash guy.   What do you think about that statement?

That report has to be straight BS.  Whether or not the Hawks were really going all-in for Murray, there's no doubt that a pass-first, great distributing, great defensive guard is absolutely a good fit for Trae.  You know how I know?

Because Delon Wright and Trae played EXCELLENT alongside each other.  Even during that playoff debacle, those two played extremely well together.

There is no doubt that D-Murray would be an even better fit alongside Trae than Wright was, due to Murray's ability to create his own offense and most importantly, create offense for others . . including Trae.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Bruh scoring isn’t a problem… we NEED perimeter defense!!!!!!!! How quickly y’all forget things.

Marcus Smart bricks balls all the time and he got DPOY and to the finals. Yeah we I know we also need a Jaylen Brown… cough DeAndre wake up… 

And he creates for others.  That may be his most coveted attribute after his defense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Look at his PER and defense and be at peace. We don't need him to be a 20 ppg scorer.

PER is not very good.  One season above a 16.  Eh.  One season above 3.3 win shares.  Yikes.  The numbers say the Spurs are trying to sell high and rip someone off.  You have to bet on continued improvement to justify the trade price they are asking for.

He better be really good on defense.  Really, really good.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

PER is not very good.  One season above a 16.  Eh.  One season above 3.3 win shares.  Yikes.  The numbers say the Spurs are trying to sell high and rip someone off.  You have to bet on continued improvement to justify the trade price they are asking for.

He better be really good on defense.  Really, really good.

I knew you would come to the rescue!   Welcome aboard team rational!

• Haha 1