• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

https://www.callin.com/live/nba-draft-postmortem-and-fa-preview-with-seth-jjHWWvmpFt

Fischer on his live show just said SAS is calling or was calling around doing due diligence on JC (mentioned specifically reference checking type activity). Mentioned Spurs maybe looking for JC plus two FRP's... (John being worth a FRP). Also he said he definitely could see that deal crossing the finish line. As always was cautious but made it a point to make it seem like it is still a very open option.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

Said the feeling was SAS leaked the Murray talks at the last second to try and get more interest/force the Hawks to give up more assets. 

What was the Hawks offer and what was the more assets SAS was looking for?

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

I heard in his spare time he goes into public restrooms and turns the toilet paper around like this

image.thumb.png.51e0eca44623b03bbd669efe7c6925b4.png

That's something I might expect from @kg01 or @Spud2nique , but that is just not acceptable behavior from our superstar in a civilized world. 

Muahahaha

Lies!  Slander!

Jokes on you.  Everybody knows we don't use toilet tissue.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

A question.  If you're DET, wouldn't making a run at Bridges make more sense than pursuing Ayton?

As such, perhaps the DET rumors is from Aytons side to encourage the Hawks to offer his max, thinking there's a biddin' war?

I don't know the Pistons cap situation after acquiring Walker but with Duren and Stewart on their team they are good at center. It does make more sense to go after the Hornets Bridges and force the Hornets to match a max salary.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They want OO in a deal. The sticking point from what I could tell in a rather broken exchange of messages is that pick protection is the main hang up once SAS realized we weren't sending them OO.

This deal could still happen per my source. The Hawks are waiting on the Durant situation to play out and then will pick up talks with SAS or other teams after it. Ressler has flat out told the FO to "get better" and he doesn't mean AJ Griffin at 16. 

This report yesterday looks to be on the money:

Did the Spurs actually talk to the Hawks about a Dejounte Murray trade?
Yes, it sounds like those talks did occur. While sources connected to the Spurs won’t confirm or deny the rumor, multiple league sources say the report is true. In fact, third and fourth teams were actively involved at one point in time yesterday afternoon. 

“There was a two hour window where [sic] the trade looked like it was nearing completion. Agents were even in on the call,” reads a text I got from a source last night.

Right now, I’m told that the talks have simmered. However, the Hawks are telling teams that Collins will be traded today so it’s possible that the Murray to the Hawks rumors will heat back up as the NBA draft nears.

What would the Spurs have received from the Hawks in the proposed trade?
First of all, I’m told that Collins wasn’t headed to the Spurs in the deal that was discussed yesterday. Collins was being sent to a third team. That team, believed to also be in the Western Conference, was set to send further draft compensation to the Spurs.

In total, San Antonio was in line to get at least four first round picks in return for Murray.

Why did trade talks stall?
It sounds like it came down to the pick protection. The Spurs wanted minimal protections on the first round picks, while the Hawks and the other team(s) involved wanted to include pick swaps and lottery protections. 

Could Dejounte Murray still be traded to the Hawks today?
It’s possible — but sources have gotten more pessimistic in recent hours. The Spurs are holding firm on requiring a monumental haul in order to trade Murray. A source says San Antonio wants a “Godfather offer” and is in no rush to trade Murray.

https://www.spurstalk.com/dejounte-murray-trade-rumor-atlanta-hawks/

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Jake Fischer just said Murray wants to play with Trae!

They were teammates in the All-Star game, maybe he got a taste and wants the real thing

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Tell Flake Fischer to stop posting lies.  Per Hawks fans, everybody hates Trae and no one wants to play with him....

Funny enough, speaking of the All Star game. I didn't realize that both years that Trae played he led all players in total Assists. 

That has to mean something to them that when Trae has stars around him, he doesn't mind getting them the ball.

Just saying