The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Keep John obviously and see what we have until the trade deadline.  Don't want Durant because of his age and the fact we would have to gut the team to acquire him. That could end in disaster in 2025 and beyond. Definitely don't want Ben Simmons. Ayton is interesting at the right price.

Agree on everything -- sounds like it might be too late for John though, unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Keep John obviously and see what we have until the trade deadline.  Don't want Durant because of his age and the fact we would have to gut the team to acquire him. That could end in disaster in 2025 and beyond. Definitely don't want Ben Simmons. Ayton is interesting at the right price.

@JeffS17, other than a Ben Simmons trade, I don't expect nothing to happen 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

My gawd. Glad the Hawks didn't do that. These teams are leveling up at all costs.

Holy crap, Utah has a bright future in the late 20's lmao... I really dont trust the Twolves to put it all together seamlessly, but I might be wrong.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Cool story bro.

Are you sure you are even a Hawks fan? 

yep, just not an apologist for guys who suck just cause they play for the hawks.

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, akay said:

What a weird thing to say about one of our young players..

it's weird to hold people accountable despite them being young?  If you say so...

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So this move was designed to help the team's overall defense? And not to trade for Durant?

This was not a move to improve the team.  There are only three possible explanations:

(1) It was done to get a first round pick for a trade.

(2) Fields/TS concluded that we didn't have enough minutes to go around at SG and either Bogi or Kev had to go and Kev could return you an asset (which is the FRP, not Holiday or Harkless).

(3) It was done to move the team from a tax paying team to under the tax line.

Those can overlap as well.

• Like 4