• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Squawkers go on the record: Predict the highest profile acquisition of the off-season

sturt

6 minutes ago, sturt said:

This is a great example, ironically enough, that context matters and blanket statements are just that.

And did I share with you at some point how much I make annually?

Right. Wonder why I didn't.

So... circling back to why we're here... in this thread... it's not this, and it's not even about the "can Schlenk be trusted to mean what he says" discussion...

I think you are eloquent, well spoken, and most likely live comfortably.  Not every profession is taught to write with brevity.  My training was to show you value someone’s time, make your point quickly.  

Don’t mean to make this about money, apologies.  Not trying to slam.

• Like 1

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Zion. 
It’s not that I really think it will happen, but I want to make sure that I am the one that called it if it does happen. 

Maybe he’s a trade deadline deal depending on how things roll for him and the Pels this season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

i've been on a long strange trip. 

Oh realllllllyyy? :hmm: Go on…

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Hmmmm .... our guy @macdaddy shows up all of a sudden ... on the same day ma$e suddenly shows up?  Coincidence?

Talkin maids nothin more. Mine better than yours pish posh talk. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

maybe not that strange by your standards. 

i will say i'm not loving the hawks rumors so far.   You guys sure you don't want Spida?

Ya I love JC our first homegrown also. But we can’t have 2 6’1” guards.. can we? 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I want to make sure that I am the one that called it if it does happen.

An angle I hadn't thought of.... the "go big or go home" angle.... hmmmmm...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sturt said:

An angle I hadn't thought of.... the "go big or go home" angle.... hmmmmm...

Actually I hate to say this again, but I did start a Zion thread a while back. I thought he might come here but I’m backing off now, it’s dirt bird’s baby.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm concerned we are going to bring in a semi washed combo guard like Brogdon or Oladipo and try to convince everyone it was the missing piece. 

1. I'm concerned with the premise as-if we are in need of a "missing piece." We're a year or two away from this roster no longer being considered young. Thus, JC, Trae, Huerter, Hunter, Big2O, and JJ... it's only reasonable to think they're going to be even better regarded, more accomplished in the future than they are now.

And in McM's tenure, his Real Hawks overall record is 64-34... that's a .653 (!) clip. And ICYMI... there's a EC Finals appearance in that mix.

The missing piece isn't best characterized as "the missing piece" at all...

It's rather a very visible and present piece... ie, it's whatever reason we might have to believe that covid is done, and we're not going to face another Great Recession of 2022 going forward.

2. In light of that, guys who have proven themselves in the NBA as go-to options who also have a reputation as defensive assets... those guys naturally are expensive.

Injury history routinely is the only way you get those guys at a discount.

The key is how old they are, and related, what's the likelihood that the injury history is, indeed, history.

I'm more bullish on that for Brogdon than Oladipo. Pacers media have indicated that Brogdon wasn't actually a DNP for injury later in the season, but b/c Carlisle knew Brogdon wasn't part of their future and didn't play him.

• Like 1