Welcome A.J. Griffin

marco102

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He-em....Damian William Jones. :spiteful:.

You know I'm never gonna let you forget this one 😁

😂 again though for the record this wasn’t my own eyes 👀 I trusted my scrub fan friend. :jab:

• Haha 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

That was your first mistake 'scrub fan' lololololol.

Sadly it was the friend I had for 35+ years in Cali. :cray:

….

WELL HE STARTED IT!!! Lol

ps He usually doesn’t say anything confrontation so prolly just being nice. That was a few years ago. Now he’s cocky/nice. :ninja:

• Like 1

I’ll make an avatar bet with anyone. I guess it depends on who else we pick up but this kid is already a top 8 or 9 player on our roster imo.

He should be part of the 2nd unit. I guess we will see soon in summer league, although that doesn’t tell the story but maybe glimpses.

32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ll make an avatar bet with anyone. I guess it depends on who else we pick up but this kid is already a top 8 or 9 player on our roster imo.

He should be part of the 2nd unit. I guess we will see soon in summer league, although that doesn’t tell the story but maybe glimpses.

I won't avi bet you but J. Holiday is definitely getting more pt than AJ

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Unlike last year, I can see AJ and JJ getting minutes in the 2nd half of the season far more than the 1st half.

I see it the other way.

With Bogi coming off surgery and 'likely' to be limited in training camp and preseason, I think he'll start the season on minutes restrictions and his minutes will be closely monitored during the season to keep him healthy for the playoffs. This should give AJ and JJ more opportunities.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I see it the other way.

With Bogi coming off surgery and 'likely' to be limited in training camp and preseason, I think he'll start the season on minutes restrictions and his minutes will be closely monitored during the season to keep him healthy for the playoffs. This should give AJ and JJ more opportunities.

I still think those mins will go to Holiday and Harkless. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I still think those mins will go to Holiday and Harkless. 

We have got to find out early if these young guys can play. You don't want to get to the 2nd half of the season playing catch up.

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We have got to find out early if these young guys can play. You don't want to get to the 2nd half of the season playing catch up.

Not really. That's what the G-league is for. Nate gotta win games or he's getting fired. He's going to go with guys who know what they are doing on that court. 

• Like 3

On 7/5/2022 at 10:29 AM, NBASupes said:

Not really. That's what the G-league is for. Nate gotta win games or he's getting fired. He's going to go with guys who know what they are doing on that court. 

Like it or not.  This is reality.  We have to be patient.  Ownership is pushing for win now status.  After last year their isn’t much margin for rookie mistakes.  Nate is either gonna win and slow play rookies or lose too much and get fired.  

Players got the axe, and I’m not convinced that process is over until KD is settled.  Next axe is coach.  Then GM.  Our organization is gonna play tight until we win consistently. 

• Thanks 1

How do veteran players become veteran players?  By playing games in the NBA.  Youth must be served.  They must be given time to develop.  Can the Atlanta Hawks be a part of this process?  Or, do we have to depend on other NBA teams to do this with their players and then hope that we can trade for or sign some of them?

🧑‍🔧

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2022 at 7:32 AM, Gray Mule said:

How do veteran players become veteran players?  By playing games in the NBA.  Youth must be served.  They must be given time to develop.  Can the Atlanta Hawks be a part of this process?  Or, do we have to depend on other NBA teams to do this with their players and then hope that we can trade for or sign some of them?

🧑‍🔧

It doesn't quite work that way in the NBA. Coaches got to be able to trust you and the talent level is so high in this league that talent isn't enough.