• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Goodbye Danilo Gallinari! We will miss you brother!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Based on the way that we traded Gallo... (before the beginning of the new year)...

Can we get Gallo back in San Antonio waives him??

No, league rules prohibit the Hawks from resigning him for 1 year.  IF he is traded to another team and clears waivers, I think the Hawks would be eligible to resign hi,

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, league rules prohibit the Hawks from resigning him for 1 year.  IF he is traded to another team and clears waivers, I think the Hawks would be eligible to resign hi,

I hope we bring Gallo Back!!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Love Gallo. He was probably our best free agent signing given that he played a prominent role in our best season ever and then left and facilitated potentially our best acquisition in recent years.  He did everything you could ask for in the time he was here. Salute to you Gallo!  
maybe he is back this season?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Your husband been using your account again?

You said " No, league rules prohibit the Hawks from resigning him for 1 year.  IF he is traded to another team and clears waivers, I think the Hawks would be eligible to resign hi,"

Plus... He would not have been traded in the 2022-2023 season if he was traded before his contract was guaranteed?

I said two things:

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, league rules prohibit the Hawks from resigning him for 1 year. 

IF he is traded to another team and clears waivers, I think the Hawks would be eligible to resign him.

He would have to be trade tomorrow to another. Then waived in the new league year.

AS long as it is the Spurs that waive him...WE CANNOT RESIGN HIM.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I said two things:

He would have to be trade tomorrow to another. Then waived in the new league year.

AS long as it is the Spurs that waive him...WE CANNOT RESIGN HIM.

It was worded differently.  I thought you meant that we can sign him for a year. 

because you also said

IF he is traded to another team and clears waivers, I think the Hawks would be eligible to resign him.

Another team.. I took as being the Spurs.  So if he was traded to the Spurs and clears waivers is How I was picking that up...

Miscommunication.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It was worded differently.  I thought you meant that we can sign him for a year. 

because you also said

IF he is traded to another team and clears waivers, I think the Hawks would be eligible to resign him.

Another team.. I took as being the Spurs.  So if he was traded to the Spurs and clears waivers is How I was picking that up...

Miscommunication.

Noted.