• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Filling out the roster

sturt

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

My understanding is that there are other teams ready to give him something better in terms of on-court minutes, and possibly money as well. Would be stunned... stunned I tell you... if he came to ATL.

• Premium Member

I'd vote yes.

But I don't think Utah does.

It's not so much that they're infatuated with NAW and would want to hold on to him, more that they have bigger fish to fry now that the fire sale is irrefutably on... and that, let's face it, they can probably get a 2nd from several teams for the player if they really wanted, and that we'd be sending them JDay is, from their standpoint, a negative.

2022-09-01_20-01-19.png

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, sturt said:

I'd vote yes.

It's not so much that they're infatuated with NAW and would want to hold on to him, more that they have bigger fish to fry now that the fire sale is irrefutably on... and that, let's face it, they can probably get a 2nd from several teams for the player if they really wanted, and that we'd be sending them JDay is, from their standpoint, a negative.

2022-09-01_20-01-19.png

That is an intriguing idea, sturt.

• Premium Member
On 9/1/2022 at 9:06 PM, sturt said:

I'd vote yes.

2022-09-01_20-01-19.png

The problem that I have with it is that we will be giving up a 3 pt shooter for a guy that doesn't do that so well.   

IN an offseason where we have lost Kev, Delon, and Gallo... we are starting to look thin in the three point shooting area.   We still need guys who can step off the bench and knock it down.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The problem that I have with it is that we will be giving up a 3 pt shooter for a guy that doesn't do that so well.   

IN an offseason where we have lost Kev, Delon, and Gallo... we are starting to look thin in the three point shooting area.   We still need guys who can step off the bench and knock it down.

Ya, Trae, Bogi and Justin Holiday are pure. The rest we took a step back for sure. This is an area of concern for me. 3 point attempts as well as makes.

I wouldn’t mind surrounding Trae with some shooters at some point.

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya, Trae, Bogi and Justin Holiday are pure. The rest we took a step back for sure. This is an area of concern for me. 3 point attempts as well as makes.

I wouldn’t mind surrounding Trae with some shooters at some point.

Guys we are counting on to fill the void: Hunter, Frank, Holliday.  Also, DM does have some hot spots from 3.  Jalen? AJ?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Trae, Bogi and Justin Holiday

JDay had an exceptional season 3 years ago (40.5%), a good season 2 years ago (38.2%), then posted a 37.2% in IND in 49 games, and finished the year with 34.2% in SAC. Previous to his exceptional season, he'd been a pedestrian 35% from 3.

Pardon my lack of enthusiasm, given that trend. He's a 33 yr old who Raptor suggests took a pretty steep dive overall both offensively and defensively last season.

2022-08-25_21-44-19.png

Give me someone who, at least, gives reason for mere hope for quality production as the other backup wing.

AJ, right now, is that best hope. I'm not wrong to want more, though.

And by the way, ADay has been the better career 3 pt shooter (37%) of the two brothers.

Jalen won't replace Gallo's 3 pt shooting completely, but he did 36.7%--about average--from the arc in G-league. Overall, of course, you just hope to see Jalen's overall game exceed Gallo's. Which, in fact, is about the same thing you could say for Murray and KVon... Murray won't replace KVon's 3 pt shooting completely, but overall, you have reason to believe the overall game will exceed KVon's.

We've said it a million times, though... Hunter's evolution/progress is going to be huge... that's the roster slot that could be most significant. We need this to be that year that he asserts himself.

• Premium Member

This remains my favorite idea of the past month or so... and no, I really don't write for Soaring Down South, but I have some new found admiration for at least one of their guys (hehe)...

2022-09-03_09-01-05.png

For those who missed it the first time around... HOU has too many guaranteed contracts in their barn right now, and is expected to look to slice some off, and preferably by sending more contracts out in a trade than are coming back in.... KJ and Chriss for JDay and a 2nd makes a lot of sense.

(Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make a deal that brings us Hart or Anunoby... and that's, at least, theoretically do-able in a 3-way involving our KVon trade exception and HOU's $3m Sterling Brown contract... but that's just not practical from the other teams' stand points.)

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, sturt said:

We've said it a million times, though... Hunter's evolution/progress is going to be huge... that's the roster slot that could be most significant. We need this to be that year that he asserts himself.

:good:  

34 minutes ago, sturt said:

This remains my favorite idea of the past month or so... and no, I really don't write for Soaring Down South, but I have some new found admiration for at least one of their guys (hehe)...

2022-09-03_09-01-05.png

For those who missed it the first time around... HOU has too many guaranteed contracts in their barn right now, and is expected to look to slice some off, and preferably by sending more contracts out in a trade than are coming back in.... KJ and Chriss for JDay and a 2nd makes a lot of sense.

(Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make a deal that brings us Hart or Anunoby... and that's, at least, theoretically do-able in a 3-way involving our KVon trade exception and HOU's $3m Sterling Brown contract... but that's just not practical from the other teams' stand points.)

Didn’t you take us down this road with OKC just a min ago? 🥱 

Why don’t you go read about the famous people I met instead. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why don’t you go read about the famous people I met instead. 

You didn't @ me, so I wasn't aware.

😉

Don't sleep...or yawn... on OKC, tho. They are in the same boat as HOU as far as needing to slice off some contracts. If there was a way to get Darius Bazely, I'd be all over that, but too unlikely. I only get excited about things that make sense for both sides, of course.

KJ and Chriss... and let's not forget Chriss, right?... fit.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, sturt said:

Game rec game I dig :laugh1:

35 minutes ago, sturt said:

Chriss

Chriss is a headache 🤕. He’s been a headache in Phoenix, GS and elsewhere I believe. 

35 minutes ago, sturt said:

Darius Bazely,

Not a winning player. I’d say more a stat guy he wouldn’t fit into our scheme imho. I like him individually but he reminds me of a guy like Shareef but Shareef lite. He can do a few things well, outside of that, he’s not a high BBIQ guy either.. I dunno.

49 minutes ago, sturt said:

😉

Don't sleep...or yawn... on OKC, tho. They are in the same boat as HOU as far as needing to slice off some contracts. If there was a way to get Darius Bazely, I'd be all over that, but too unlikely. I only get excited about things that make sense for both sides, of course.

KJ and Chriss... and let's not forget Chriss, right?... fit.

Can we get Moose back? :pilot:

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Can we get Moose back? :pilot:

News flash...

OKC just lost their starting C.

In other words... don't think so.

Probably can't even get Favors to come home to ATL now... thought they'd buy him out, but nope, not happenin.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Chriss is a headache 🤕. He’s been a headache in Phoenix, GS and elsewhere I believe. 

Sometimes players mature over time.

PHX didn't want to lose him.

Neither did GSW.

DAL was so impressed after a dozen games, they signed him up for the rest of 22 plus 23... but he's no Christian Wood, of course, so they made him part of the HOU deal.

He's really a perfect fit for us as our 3rd C (... I refuse to consider Kaminsky a C, I don't care).

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not a winning player. I’d say more a stat guy he wouldn’t fit into our scheme imho. I like him individually but he reminds me of a guy like Shareef but Shareef lite. He can do a few things well, outside of that, he’s not a high BBIQ guy either.. I dunno.

Not sure one can make any good assessment of OKC players as a rule b/c that roster has been such a work in progress that there's been no way for players to gain any continuity/chemistry.

Bazely was considered a high risk/high reward asset when he was drafted. He's mostly eliminated anyone's concern that he would be a complete bust, though also mostly eliminated anyone's enthusiasm that he would end up being a star.

Thing is, for a team that just wants someone to compete with Harkless for minutes behind Hunter, he makes a great option.

To my point... you'd suggested that DFS would be an excellent younger alternative to Mo... and I agreed... but then, there's almost no way you're going to persuade DAL to give you DFS w/o some significant something in return. I mean, DFS is a starter for many if not most teams.

Bazely is still young enough to develop into something significant himself, but he's not there yet... and in OKC's situation, obtaining him is at least within the realm of reason. But he's another guy that I just think other teams would be more willing to give up more to get than Schlields would be.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Guys we are counting on to fill the void: Hunter, Frank, Holliday.  Also, DM does have some hot spots from 3.  Jalen? AJ?

It will be nice if AJ can get some minutes and help us out at shooting.  Bogi has knee concerns.  We're basically Trae and JC for the most part and JH off the bench. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It will be nice if AJ can get some minutes and help us out at shooting.  Bogi has knee concerns.

They're both question marks physically as far as anyone can know today.

We can't be satisfied with JDay. We at least need someone who's not on a downward trajectory and age 33.