• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Filling out the roster

sturt

Hawks have several very young, inexperienced players that make up part of our final 14.  Just how good are these players?  While they are not starters, they should make up part of a solid bench for Atlanta.  We want to see these young men play.  Prove to us that you belong.

Nate, don't ignore the youth that are available.  Give them floor time.  If they are no good, now is the time to find out.  The proof is in the playing.  Can they do it?  Let's find out!

🌈

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Updated:

PG: Young, A. Holiday
SG: Murray, Bogi, Martin, Krejci
SF: Hunter, J. Holiday, Griffin
PF: Collins, Johnson
C - Capela, Okongwu, Kaminsky

GL 2W Players: Jarett Culver, Trent Forrest
E-10 Players: Tyson Etienne, Chris Silva, Malik Ellison, Armoni Brooks

• Like 3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Updated:

That’s exciting! The format of your post got me HYPHY BURD LETS GOOOOO!!!! Look at that beautiful roster! 🤤 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Updated:

Seriously mods can we have 2 more emoji reactions added? A love ❤️ and an anger 😡

:laugh1:

Yes!!!!

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Let's see if Utah would go for exchanging Justin Holiday straight up for Rudy Gay.

Hear me out please.

Yes, Rudy's older, and the tread on the tire is bound to be thin.

But Rudy addresses the void we have, which is not SG/SF where we have not just one but two young-uns who are conceivably able to make a contribution in their first NBA season... and then, even a 2-way who is a former top draft pick... and then, who knows, maybe we did just catch lightning in a bottle with the 6-8 PG/SG from OKC.

Rudy becomes the 3rd unit PF, and whatever Schleilds had originally thought Harkless might be.

Why would Utah do the deal?

They're widely considered to be trying to move Gay for the obvious reason that they're starting a youth movement, but moreover, he has another year left on his contract, taking him to age 37.

What? Why would we do the deal, then?

Well, besides what I just said that he fills a void, take a look at Rudy's stat lines. He not only remains stable with no downward trend, he's still a solid asset on both sides of the floor. Whatever your hopes may have been for JDay to rebound, RGay is already the kind of player you'd been hoping to see JDay be.

And who knows... maybe... worth exploring it... maybe RGay is hungry enough as retirement creeps closer to make a legacy move... the man's earned almost $175m in his career, so maybe the $6m in club option he could have for 23-24 is less important to him than to play for a team with legitimate post season expectations... maybe he'd be willing to convert that to a mutual option.

Then again, let's say he doesn't.

Would Utah sweeten the pot somehow? If not an outright draft pick coming back, maybe a pick swap? If not 1st round, maybe 2nd round? Something?

Then again, let's say they won't.

Would the recent projection for the 2023 tax line to jump by a full $12m make it easier to swallow, since automatically all salaries on the roster become easier to digest?

But regardless of any of that, it's also worth exploring for this key reason.

RGay's contract number for 22-23 is just slightly less than JDay's.... which would result in having just enough room under the tax line that Schleilds could fit one more vet min contract....

That's now, or possibly saving it until an injury would occur when you could compensate for the injury by a vet min signing (... again again... we have room for a player with less than 2 years of service, but not for one that has 2 or more)...

Or if fate smiles on us, and we stay healthy, that could be important to acquire an additional asset who's been bought out after the trade deadline...

Or, yes, if Culver asserts himself and you want him for post-season, you have the room to do that.

Who's on board?

• Like 1

While freeing up some extra money for an additional signing is valuable, I don't think a Justin Holiday for Rudy Gay swap would be adavntageous for us. Holiday isn't amazing by any means, but I do think he fits his role off the bench better than Gay would if we ever needed him to play real minutes for us. If the move is to free up minutes for our young guys then I'd be all for that but it means we're relying on mostly unproven guys to occupy important roles off the bench. I'd rather see Kaminsky moved for a more reliable big, but maybe he'll prove me wrong and not look completely useless.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, sturt said:

Let's see if Utah would go for exchanging Justin Holiday straight up for Rudy Gay.

Pass. 

I don't think that Gay like Mo, will be happy being 3rd string PF and I don't like that he has a PO for next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hace 34 minutos, JayBirdHawk dijo:

As expected. To the GLEAGUE most likely.

Surprising for me that Armoni is cut over Trent Forrest and also surprising Silva is cut, we are really thin at front court considering how poor Kaminsky has playe, we really need another body there. Tyrese Martin, Krejcy, Griffin have showed they are legit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Surprising for me that Armoni is cut over Trent Forrest and also surprising Silva is cut, we are really thin at front court considering how poor Kaminsky has playe, we really need another body there. Tyrese Martin, Krejcy, Griffin have showed they are legit.

Forrest is on a 2 way. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As expected. To the GLEAGUE most likely.

Etienne impressed me. The guy look liked he was giving 110%, can we bring him back at some point? I mean, I get that he didn’t stand out but the hustle kinda keeps the backups on their toes. 

Good luck to them!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, gurpilo said:

surprising Silva is cut

Not if you've been converted to Jay and AHF's contention that our front office is all about staying under the tax line, as I've been. Can't sign a 2 year (or greater) vet right now. Could if they cut Krejci, of course.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Rudy Gay’s idol is Melo Anthony.. pass.

Didn't know this.

It's true, everything else I just said becomes meaningless in light of this counterpoint. Embarrassed I brought it up.