• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bally Sports Plus - You Can Now Watch the Hawks Without Cable.

marco102

• Premium Member

best news I've heard all season.  Hopefully the next provider doesn't suffer from small market insecurity and actually allows the games to be televised without an obnoxious sports ticker on the bottom of the screen.

I just changed!  I have ROKU and had HULU & NBA.  Found out that FUBO has more than the two combined and cost less!  Watched the terrible Hawks last night on Bally Sports.  So far, so good.  Supposed to have Braves games also.  

If this doesn't work out, I'll let everyone know.

😉

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I just changed!  I have ROKU and had HULU & NBA.  Found out that FUBO has more than the two combined and cost less!  Watched the terrible Hawks last night on Bally Sports.  So far, so good.  Supposed to have Braves games also.  

If this doesn't work out, I'll let everyone know.

😉

Unfortunately neither fubo or hulu let us watch Hawks games in teh Atlanta area.   What a pain. 

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...
  • Premium Member
As of now, there is an expectation that games will air on the Bally Sports regional sports networks when the season begins, and the league has been told that Diamond Sports Group has enough capital to honor its contracts and to get through the upcoming season, according to sources briefed on the matter who were granted anonymity so they could speak freely. But the NBA has also begun working on contingency plans in case there are any issues or that expectation does not pan out once the regular season begins Oct. 24.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 8/29/2023 at 2:35 PM, macdaddy said:

I may regret it but i'd much rather have an NBA direct to consumer option for the Hawks.  

I never thought I'd say this, but I just hope they have commercials.  ANYTHING as long as I don't have to watch the opps arena video stream... 😖  It's like being a spy behind enemy lines listening to them prepare for war against your country. EFF THEM ENEMY FANS! 

This is Hawks TV dammit! LOL

• Haha 3

In other news . . . Disney just pulled ALL of their channels off of Spectrum cable.  That includes all Disney Channels, all FX channels, Nat Geo . . and of course ALL ESPN channels.

Needless to say, I am HOT right now.  They better fix this isht by the weekend, or they're about to lose a subscriber.

Pay that price Spectrum.  And don't you DARE try to jack up my cable bill because of it.  Already paying 2 arms and a pinky toe for the cable / internet / cellphone bundle.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member

The NFL, NBA, and UFC are looking to inject some urgency into the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) to have the law shut down illegal livestreams sooner. The sports organizations believe that the law needs to define more specifically how quickly a DMCA takedown notice should take effect, according to a letter they sent to the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) seen by TorrentFreak.

Additionally, the letter cites that the “global sports industry is losing up to $28 billion in additional potential annual revenue” since those who watch pirated streams continue to view them successfully and have no reason to switch to a, well, expensive paid stream or subscription.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/8/29/23850343/dmca-takedown-nfl-nba-ufc-uspto-letter-streams

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

In other news . . . Disney just pulled ALL of their channels off of Spectrum cable.  That includes all Disney Channels, all FX channels, Nat Geo . . and of course ALL ESPN channels.

Needless to say, I am HOT right now.  They better fix this isht by the weekend, or they're about to lose a subscriber.

Pay that price Spectrum.  And don't you DARE try to jack up my cable bill because of it.  Already paying 2 arms and a pinky toe for the cable / internet / cellphone bundle.

Yeah I have to be on spectrum due to the area I live in, which is some bowl sh*t.  IDGAF about BSPN but them Disney channels need to come back before kg04 and 05 wake up.  Or it's gon' be heyul to pay bois. 

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Even though it seems pricey, Directv Stream is actually pretty good.  If you're paying for cable TV i recommend just getting rid of cable and getting this with a Roku or something.  It's basically like cable but has Bally and pretty much everything else.  If you have at&t cell phones you can probably get a deal.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Even though it seems pricey, Directv Stream is actually pretty good.  If you're paying for cable TV i recommend just getting rid of cable and getting this with a Roku or something.  It's basically like cable but has Bally and pretty much everything else.  If you have at&t cell phones you can probably get a deal.  

Directv Stream is AT&T under another name (they still control 70 percent of the company).  I wouldn't wish them on anybody.  I'm still waiting on that fiber optic AT&T promised over a decade ago.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

This is what I use for cable. It works great. I recommend getting their own Directtv box as well.