• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wins for the 2022-23 season for the Hawks

Gray Mule

Not seeing a post for the upcoming season record, I present each of you Squawk posters the opportunity to put in your guess before the season gets too far advanced.  Let it be known that the winner gets the big grin and admiration of all Squawk posters.

My guess:  47-35

😉

• Like 2

I went through the schedule, game by game, and by pure coincidence came up with the same 47-35 record prediction as Gray Mule.  
I guess old heads think alike some times!

• Premium Member

I won't let you guys get me gassed up.

I want 60.  But we have just played 1 opponent in the preseason.   We have advantages over those guys.   Basketball is about matchups.. right now, we look good though.   That offense video gets me in a good mode. 

• Like 2

60-22. If we can stay healthy, teams are gonna have a hard time keeping up with us. I think JJ once he gets going will be a difference maker off the bench, and we should have consistent offensive play now every possesion with 48 minutes of Trae + Dejounte. If Dre takes that next step, we should be one of the best teams in the league. The only question mark for me is our shooting off the bench. Losing Gallinari hurts us in that department, and we haven't really replaced that amongst our bigs. Maybe a vet addition at some point can give us some cover.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, warcore said:

53-29. Expect little to no trades this season. Roster is balanced and is just under the tax line. 

It is the GM's job to tinker. 

I think if you see us start off strong without Bogi, he could be in trade talks.   He's not a guy that I would move this year but I understand if Travis takes calls.   Right now, we love what we're seeing from Dre but our Frontcourt is in need of more depth.   Serge Ibaka was having his way with our guys.   We need some size and ability at the 5.   A lot is riding on what we can get from JJ.  It's not fair but that's where we are. 

In assessing our potential wins, be sure to keep in mind the teams we'll be playing most.  The SE division isn't gonna be great this year.

CHA will be taking several steps back, imho, and will tank at some point.  ORL may have a punchers chance some nights but are still flawed.  WAS may be dangerous to a degree but Porzingo has been healthy for a long stretch - which isnt the norm for him, so we'll see what happens there.  MIA will be solid but beatable.

As long as we can consistently put up professional efforts, we should be able to take advantage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In assessing our potential wins, be sure to keep in mind the teams we'll be playing most.  The SE division isn't gonna be great this year.

CHA will be taking several steps back, imho, and will tank at some point.  ORL may have a punchers chance some nights but are still flawed.  WAS may be dangerous to a degree but Porzingo has been healthy for a long stretch - which isnt the norm for him, so we'll see what happens there.  MIA will be solid but beatable.

As long as we can consistently put up professional efforts, we should be able to take advantage. 

Sooooo…. Lebowski… gives us a number we wants a number..

Itshhhh not fairrrr.

• Haha 1