• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Agreed. His defense isn't the problem anymore either spots. It's his offense. 

JJ and OO are both tweeners... 

And if you say OO is a future PF, where does this leave JJ?

Edited by terrell

7 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea I will say he's for sure a streaky scorer but when he's on he's probably the best value for dollar wing in the NBA. 

I can’t agree with this. Can’t call a career 38% 3pt shooter streaky. There’s no evidence you can show to say he’s a streaky 3pt shooter. 38% he’s hovering very close to the elite 40% 3pt mark (on qualified 3pt attempts)

I think bogi problem is he has hot and cold half’s of seasons. TO ME bogi is always cold the first 3 months of the nba season BUT THEN 2nd half of the nba season the dude is on fire….that’s not really streaky to me that’s just the way he’s been in Atlanta for whatever reason.

27 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:
23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Agreed. His defense isn't the problem anymore either spots. It's his offense. 

He doesn't have a future at that spot. He better learn to be a 4 or he won't have a future period. 

I preach patience.  He's improved his defense.  The offense will come.  The entire team is adjusting to their new roles.  Nate needs to keep giving JJ 15 - 20 minutes a night.  We'll need his rebounding and defense come playoff time. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

I can’t agree with this. Can’t call a career 38% 3pt shooter streaky. There’s no evidence you can show to say he’s a streaky 3pt shooter. 38% he’s hovering very close to the elite 40% 3pt mark (on qualified 3pt attempts)

I think bogi problem is he has hot and cold half’s of seasons. TO ME bogi is always cold the first 3 months of the nba season BUT THEN 2nd half of the nba season the dude is on fire….that’s not really streaky to me that’s just the way he’s been in Atlanta for whatever reason.

That's they very definition of streaky my dude, and guess what he was the exact same way in Sacramento when he has the rhythm he's Kyle Korver with handles, when he doesn't he can't buy a bucket. And those periods of hot and cold can last months each. 

You can’t make this sh%t up.  Kevin had a grand total of 3 dunks in 74 games last season.  DJM got 3 in one. WTF.

It’s always been very important for me that your off guard get his proper dunks in whether they be dribble drive, break away, or alley oop.  He’s gonna provide exponentially more energy for the team than Kev did.

I might flip in my chair when Trae lobs it and he one hands it.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Folks way to high on OO.  I say that as fully an OO fan myself. 

He's wildly inconsistent. He was a MONSTER for us in a month stretch last year then he faded hard. First game this year he played fantastic and was just really bad tonight. I still contest he doesn't have the size necessary to be a full time starter at C, in matchups like tonight against really long players I feel he just stands no chance. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bro, you good?  It's chilly in south Beach with that 0-2 start so far.  Just asking 'cause we care.

Yeah I’m good lol.  I’m not surprised at all.  When I saw Caleb Martin and Duncan Robinson slotted high on the PF depth chart with Bam astill at C with Ded I knew they wasn’t making no noise.  And starting Herro is questionable at very best.

And eerybody know I’m Hawks First gimme 50 feet.

Edited by benhillboy