• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

Why is everybody walking around the elephant in the room.

We just paid Hunter a lot of money and the dude doesn't rebound.  So far 4.0 rebounds per game.. and we're hoping that Somebody will pick up his slack. 

Expect better.

I seen him battling for boards a lot more than in the past. He just isn't around the rim much. If you watch him, he always goes back on transition when a shot goes up for us and on defense, he's mainly defending. When I watch him, he's a capable rebounder. Our bigs are more worrisome as they are around the rim and still be getting beat for boards. Capela probably is the most frustrating as he's around boards the most. Okongwu is 2nd as he gets bodied at times for boards, 3rd is JC who doesn’t box out and if he isn't using his athleticism, his rebounding can be meh. JJ doesn't seem to get rebounds that don't directly come to him. Murray is a special rebounder. Trae battles and probably sees the ball off the rim the best on the team, just lacks the size.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Why is everybody walking around the elephant in the room.

We just paid Hunter a lot of money and the dude doesn't rebound.  So far 4.0 rebounds per game.. and we're hoping that Somebody will pick up his slack. 

Expect better.

Hunter was listed in the original comment I responded to.  No one is talking around the elephant in the room -- you just didn't follow the chain of messages.

Well, he couldn't make the shots late in our latest game.  He tried.  Was this what we term "hero ball" by our starting PG?  I thought he was going off a little quick.

Dang!  Holiday went off!  Hawks have 2 of the 3 but that 3rd one sure stole the spotlight didn't he!  I heard Bob say that he had made 10 straight shots.  And we wonder why we lost?

When you get behind by 10 points, swapping baskets is like kissing your sister.  It's nice but you know that it's not going anywhere.  Hawks seemed to hover around this 10 point spread most of the game.  When they finally closed that door and grabbed a one point lead they couldn't maintain it, quickly falling back.

Playing an unbeaten NBA team this close speaks well of what we have in Atlanta.  Still 1st in our division!  We survived that early fatal five.  Now, on to the terrible 20!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I would be remised if I didn't credit J-Holiday for showing up and hitting some shots. 

A lot of squawkers have been down on JHoli... me too..  but yesterday, he hit some big shots.  During the season, we will need those big shots consistently. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, shakes said:

good to see we still don't guard the 3 point line.  This is going to be a fun year.

We do guard it at 1-3. Trae just doesn't have much length or height to impact shots. Murray and Hunter do and have. JC, Okongwu, and Capela gotta do a better job of shot contest and stop falling for non shooters pump fakes at the 3 point line 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I would be remised if I didn't credit J-Holiday for showing up and hitting some shots. 

A lot of squawkers have been down on JHoli... me too..  but yesterday, he hit some big shots.  During the season, we will need those big shots consistently. 

He had a good game.  Unfortunately his brother had an amazing game or I think we pull that one out.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We do guard it at 1-3. Trae just doesn't have much length or height to impact shots. Murray and Hunter do and have. JC, Okongwu, and Capela gotta do a better job of shot contest and stop falling for non shooters pump fakes at the 3 point line 

we guard it at 1-3?    Did we watch the same game?  the game I saw was basically Brook Lopez standing alone in a gym shooting uncontested 3s the entire first half.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, shakes said:

we guard it at 1-3?    Did we watch the same game?  the game I saw was basically Brook Lopez standing alone in a gym shooting uncontested 3s the entire first half.

for some reason can't edit.   Just realized you said 1-3 and I'm talking about the 5.   Carry on.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Hold up 

For your information, I had one sister.  She was 24 years older than me.  My only sister was married and had a daughter 1 year older than me.  I was borned an uncle!  Since I'm 86+ years old you can guess my sister has passed.  

🥰

• Sad 1

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why doesn’t the mod IM me directly? I don’t know which mod? 

Instead of deleting posts. 

I deleted an exchange between Spud and Shakes in an effort to keep the thread on topic and defuse tensions.  Spud and I are in contact via PM.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I deleted an exchange between Spud and Shakes in an effort to keep the thread on topic and defuse tensions.  Spud and I are in contact via PM.

tension?   That would be news to me.

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, kg01 said:

Wait, so that's a different 'jdawgflow' sending tip$ to my onlyfans site?

😁

(Totally kidding.  Totally agree with your statement.)

If you had an only fans site your only fan would be Supes.  I can’t compete with the 💰 required to get past that pay wall.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, shakes said:

Don’t act like you wouldn’t pay good money to watch him do that all day.  He could even do it wearing your fishing hat.  I heard KG “sells” stuff like this on a “personal” site.