• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have to agree with this Kings fan. We look like the Harden-Westbrook Rockets

NBASupes

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, Diesel said:

Teams have tried all those things.. that's true.. but they never succeeded until we were depleted.  We just watched Sacramento try the same type of defense that Miami employed and Trae ended with 33 points and a win.    Let's pay attention on Sunday.

To be clear, I'm not saying that the league has figured out how to stop him.  You can't stop players like that from getting theirs and you don't try.  You just keep the other guys from beating you.  This isn't news though.  We all know this.  I'm saying that teams know how to play us and they're ready for it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

Quick points:

1 - I would not trade for Ayton right now.  His attitude has been horrible this year leading to low productivity and engagement.  I question his love for the game ala Ben Simmons.  Offensively I’m not sure what he would bring would get close to the step back on D.

2 - I still have hope that more minutes for AJ + return of Bogi + recovery of Trae (already in progress) + positive regression for JC could lead to a significant boost in offensive efficiency.  I do worry about JC’s finger preventing him from coming back to normal numbers.  His ft% is encouraging but that is about it.

3 - DM is so much better as a defender than Harden and Westbrook that I have more hope for our pairing.  Westbrook is very difficult for anyone to pair with, imo. 

4 - If people are hoping to see a fundamental shift in how we run our offense the change is not personnel, it is coaching that needs to happen, imo.

Agree with all points but I’ll add one more:

We need someone (player or coach) that can talk to Trae and help mold him into fulfilling his potential. I don’t think he’s going to get there on his own. He has significant maturing to do before I think we can really contend.

Ayton been playing much better in the last two games and the reason the Suns have won. That said, he hasn't been playing like this all year and the last two teams he played don't have centers so it's kinda food for a talent of his caliber.

4 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Agree with all points but I’ll add one more:

We need someone (player or coach) that can talk to Trae and help mold him into fulfilling his potential. I don’t think he’s going to get there on his own. He has significant maturing to do before I think we can really contend.

Question:  If no one around Trae is making shots, what should Trae do?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Ayton been playing much better in the last two games and the reason the Suns have won. That said, he hasn't been playing like this all year and the last two teams he played don't have centers so it's kinda food for a talent of his caliber.

@Sothron mentioned that the FO went down the Capela for Ayton path this summer whereas Trae put a halt to all of it saying he wants to keep Capela.

I was all for that trade but with the way Capela is playing defensively I wouldn’t do it now even though I fully understand your logic behind the trade in regards to FIT.

but if Trae stuck his neck out to keep Capela over the summer, I would bet that Murray was on the same page with him. Then looking at Capelas contract and what he’s producing on the floor I think it’s very obvious that Capela rightfully ain’t going no where. We’d have to be getting back Giannis or Embiid which will never happen.

but I do think a Collins and Bogi trade is possible.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, QuantumHawkz said:

This is completely a coaching issue. There's no offensive philosophy or sets..... Mike Longabardi looks like our next coach. 

Before that happens, I would rather we took a look at Udoka.

3 hours ago, JTB said:

@Sothron mentioned that the FO went down the Capela for Ayton path this summer whereas Trae put a halt to all of it saying he wants to keep Capela.

I was all for that trade but with the way Capela is playing defensively I wouldn’t do it now even though I fully understand your logic behind the trade in regards to FIT.

but if Trae stuck his neck out to keep Capela over the summer, I would bet that Murray was on the same page with him. Then looking at Capelas contract and what he’s producing on the floor I think it’s very obvious that Capela rightfully ain’t going no where. We’d have to be getting back Giannis or Embiid which will never happen.

but I do think a Collins and Bogi trade is possible.

This issue is Murray fit with Capela. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This issue is Murray fit with Capela. 

There is none. Murray's had good games with Capela.

Results don't equal causation. Murray had his previous career high with Capela on the floor. Capela happened to be missing and he got it going. That doesn't mean that because Capela wasn't there he played better offensively.

I understand you are saying he had more space, but what spacing was OO providing last night that he was not previously when he played with Murray?

Just give the guys time to work through things before becoming trader joe.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Question:  If no one around Trae is making shots, what should Trae do?

Give them more than 5-7 FGA?  You guys act like if JC/Dre/others dont make 50% of their first 6 shots they dont deserve more attempts.  Zero chance we do anything with trae taking 30 shots a game

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 1:30 PM, AHF said:

Right now, I am resigned to basically seeing what we are seeing now on offense as long as Nate is coach.  It might work more smoothly when Bogi gets back, etc. but I've seen enough of Nate to know he isn't going to do much on that end to stop the "take my turn 1on1" core of the offense we've seen this season.  With DM coming in, I was very interested to see him and his staff stretch their creative muscles to optimize our talent and I think Nate and company have delivered the least creativity possible.

The offense has been like that ever since he took over, not just this season.  I HAVE seen more movement and other players getting involved this season.  I like how Trae has incorporated other players for the most part.  I'm in agreement that the real problem is Nate.

On 11/24/2022 at 10:09 AM, NBASupes said:

The best performing Hawk, Clint Capela. As good as Clint has been this year. His lack of gravity is elite. It creates zero spacing for Murray. Where Trae uses Capela as an extention of his body. Murray has shown no ability to do that and it's really limited him offensively. Teams made some adjustments from early in the year on Murray and it seems like he's hit his offensive peak for our personnel grouping. This happened to a degree with Houston, Westbrook just couldn't flow with Capela and they ended up moving Clint to Atlanta for that very reason. 

I attended the Celtics vs. Hawks game live on November 16, 2022, and it was the first complete basketball game I ever watched in my life. I was very impressed with how entertaining it was, but I don't understand a lot of the strategy involved in basketball.  So please be understanding of my ignorance.  

Clint Capela started at Center at the Hawks game I attended 13 days ago.  When you say that Clint Capela's lack of gravity is elite, I am assuming you just mean that Capela can jump extraordinarily high.  You say that Capela's lack of gravity creates zero spacing for Murray.  My interpretation of what you are saying is the following:  Capela's ability to jump extraordinarily high creates zero spacing for Murray.  I am totally baffled.  Why would anyone's ability/lack of ability to jump high create spacing for anyone else?  

P.S. remember I am brand new to basketball.  Please be gentle.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Expedite said:

I attended the Celtics vs. Hawks game live on November 16, 2022, and it was the first complete basketball game I ever watched in my life. I was very impressed with how entertaining it was, but I don't understand a lot of the strategy involved in basketball.  So please be understanding of my ignorance.  

Clint Capela started at Center at the Hawks game I attended 13 days ago.  When you say that Clint Capela's lack of gravity is elite, I am assuming you just mean that Capela can jump extraordinarily high.  You say that Capela's lack of gravity creates zero spacing for Murray.  My interpretation of what you are saying is the following:  Capela's ability to jump extraordinarily high creates zero spacing for Murray.  I am totally baffled.  Why would anyone's ability/lack of ability to jump high create spacing for anyone else?  

P.S. remember I am brand new to basketball.  Please be gentle.

Assuming this is a legit question from a legit new poster, first, welcome to the Squawk.

To answer your question what Supes is talking about with lack of gravity is that Capela cannot shoot at all which means he doesn't attract defenders to him. Like how a planet has gravity and attracts moons or other space objects around it. Most players attract defenders to them to try and keep them from having wide open shots. Capela is very good at rebounding and defense but his offense is very limited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1