• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 Allstar Voting has started!

JayBirdHawk

8 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Melo is better entertainment for this exhibition game of show boating and globetrotter ball. He fits the game to the eyes. Ultimately we want Trae to be an olympian. 

Fits it better than Trae?

Did you see what that Hawk player did?  That cost us the all star victory!

Nope.  Not happening!  If we're not there, can't blame us!

Glorified three point shooting with many dunks thrown down.  This is the entire game any way.  Who cares, really?

Stay home, heal up.  Interview those new players that we traded for or called up from the Skyhawks !!

:smug:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 2/10/2023 at 10:34 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:

That's pretty crazy.  Not sure it's real when they could have gone with SLC and avoided that, but i was also surprised that the Charlotte 'CLT' jerseys were real.   Of course i was surprised they called Brian Oliver 'B.O.' but i've gotten used to it. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

That's pretty crazy.  Not sure it's real when they could have gone with SLC and avoided that, but i was also surprised that the Charlotte 'CLT' jerseys were real.   Of course i was surprised they called Brian Oliver 'B.O.' but i've gotten used to it. 

It's not real.....this is the one on NBA site.

Screenshot_20230213_125221_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Same here. Trae Young is the most insane snub in All Star history.

What he should've done is be hurt.  Then his team losing wouldn't be blamed on him ....

So, like with Haliburton, the coaches could overlook the record and inferior numbers and he'd be fine.

'Cause being available to play is apparently frowned upon these days....

But the coaches complain about load management and players 'wanting to get paid to not play'.....

But they reward guys who load manage by continuing to vote for them for awards and allstar berths....

So I mean, what're we doing?  Rhymes with 'hypocrites'. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

What he should've done is be hurt.  Then his team losing wouldn't be blamed on him ....

So, like with Haliburton, the coaches could overlook the record and inferior numbers and he'd be fine.

But the coaches complain about load management and players 'wanting to get paid to not play'.....

But they reward guys who load manage by continuing to vote for them for awards and allstar berths....

This.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

The Trae hate is seriously sickening.

Herro?!?  WTF.  Why would he even be considered this season?  He is 4th on his own team in Win Shares and only 0.1 more than Max Strus and Caleb Martin (#5 and #6 for the Heat).  (Trae is almost 2x better).  He would win both for being underwhelming with his play this year combined with having missed a quarter of the season.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

The Trae hate is seriously sickening.

For context, I'm surprised that twitterer was able to separate his lips from Miami Heat butt long enough to breathe.  He's an absolute heat homer so it's no surprise he's acting as PR guy for their players under the guise of jOUrnAliSM. 

It is insulting he didn't even list Trae in his de facto 'others receiving votes'.

But let's not gloss over his note on Jimi Buttler.  He's 'shown no interest'?  If that were Trae, the story is 'BWAH I CANT BELIEBIT.  HOW DARE HE NOT SHOW INTEREST, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!"

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But let's not gloss over his note on Jimi Buttler.  He's 'shown no interest'?  If that were Trae, the story is 'BWAH I CANT BELIEBIT.  HOW DARE HE NOT SHOW INTEREST, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!"

There are a different set of rules for Trae. I have accepted that.

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, kg01 said:

Who's better?

Player A:  47gp, 20ppg, 10.2apg, 57.8efg%, 22.8PER, 6.0 WS, team has 25 wins

Player B:  51 gp, 27ppg, 10.2apg, 48.5efg%, 21.8 PER, 4.6 WS, team has 29 wins