• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk headed to an Advisory Role

Jody23

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, terrell said:

I hope that Fields believes in optimizing size and skill at each position. The Hawks are woefully small. I’m not advocating for a bunch of 7-footers that don’t have any basketball skills, but we also don’t need to be smaller than most other teams at damn near every position. Some size and athleticism would be greatly appreciated.

Do I hear a Bol Bol trade anyone? Huh, huh. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Trae really needs to have his agent get to work with the Klutch media people.  There is an outsized amount of obviously agenda-riddled anti-Trae (s)hit-pieces floating about.  Time to put the Klutch mouthpieces to work for your guy.

Absolutely. Trae should also hire a PR person too and a stylist while he is at it too. Lol. I love my boy Trae but he could use a stylist for real for real. 

7 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Do I hear a Bol Bol trade anyone? Huh, huh. 

I doubt they trade Bol, but Im hearing Bamba is available for a protected 1st or maybe even 2 secon rdrs if you like him... lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Absolutely. Trae should also hire a PR person too and a stylist while he is at it too. Lol. I love my boy Trae but he could use a stylist for real for real. 

I imagine the stuff he wears resonates with some fashionistas somewheres.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Can't believe we didn't pull the trigger on the Lauri M./JC trade. Could have had one of the shooting bigs in the game. 

From the sounds of it, that offer was only on the table before he was one of the top shooting bigs in the game.  Last year he was 44.5% fg% and 35.8% 3pt% to go with bad defense and less than 6 boards a game which isn't that impressive for someone like him.  This year has been a huge development for his game.  (That is probably the reason they made the offer in the first place - they didn't believe in him when they made the offer.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

From the sounds of it, that offer was only on the table before he was one of the top shooting bigs in the game.  Last year he was 44.5% fg% and 35.8% 3pt% to go with bad defense and less than 6 boards a game which isn't that impressive for someone like him.  This year has been a huge development for his game.  (That is probably the reason they made the offer in the first place - they didn't believe in him when they made the offer.)

Well if they were attatching 2 1st with it like I saw in the rumor, Im making that deal regardless.. Thats a no brainer imo..

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Didn't Ressler sell some second round picks for cash?

Yes.

And Kirschner crucified Ressler for that, as-if the guy GSW picked was the only guy in the 2nd round left that was worth taking. I took that as a big sign that Kirschner and Ressler weren't exactly buddy buddy... not that anyone ever would have assumed they were, but seemed to be some outright animosity.

I'd think Ressler a fool to not take $3m to drop back 10 picks in the 2nd round, I really would. There's just not any way of being so confident in a particular 2nd round guy, particularly in the mid to late 2nd, that you turn your nose up at $3m, imo.

• Premium Member

Sooo...I don't know what's going on, but this all makes me very nervous.  Messing around with the front office isn't the same as trading a player or firing a coach.  You need to be DAMN sure about what's coming in and what's going out.  People thinking that replacing Travis will somehow solve our "problems" don't realize how much worse things can get with a different GM.

If you didn't live through Babcock, BK, and the whole of the ASG...then you probably don't understand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

That means that Schlenk is going for the Long walk.

Judge Dredd - The Long Walk on Make a GIF

Let his name be recorded . . in every place of honor

Let him take the ball he served so well . . to those who have it not

Let him be written . . in our hearts . . in our minds . . and our memories . .

Forever

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

It's disheartening to hear these JC rumors...  I'm with @Sothron in that I would only deal him in a package to get legitimate star upgrade. Making lateral moves and/or seeking salary cap flexibility for him will look absolutely FOOLISH in hindsight and I will stop watching this team.

We're going to be disappointed for sure.   JC by himself is going to get us Crowder/saric or shamet or bojan/filler.   If Bagley comes to the Hawks though I'll be super pissed. 

The 'surprise' team i don't know. 

• Sad 1