• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk headed to an Advisory Role

Jody23

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Ressler wants to stay under the tax, it'll be a deal like John Collins for Marvin Bagley + Nerlens Noel + 2nd rd pick.

We need an "anger" emoji.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, sturt said:

Yes.

And Kirschner crucified Ressler for that, as-if the guy GSW picked was the only guy in the 2nd round left that was worth taking. I took that as a big sign that Kirschner and Ressler weren't exactly buddy buddy... not that anyone ever would have assumed they were, but seemed to be some outright animosity.

I'd think Ressler a fool to not take $3m to drop back 10 picks in the 2nd round, I really would. There's just not any way of being so confident in a particular 2nd round guy, particularly in the mid to late 2nd, that you turn your nose up at $3m, imo.

I was taking about the outright selling of a pick - not the drop back for cash.  That didn’t bother me.

We outright sold the 41 and 44 picks in the 2019 draft.  41 was Eric Paschall.  44 was Bol Bol.  Both have significantly higher ws/48 and per ratings than Hunter (among other metrics).  I’d rather have Hunter than either but why choose when we could have had all of them?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The other Bogi for JC and some of the firsts Detroit has would make people here go....

(fill in the blank to your reaction)

Honestly, JC isn't being used to his full potential on our team, and Bogi is a bucket. 

If we get a legit solid contributer on offense and can rebuild the war chest with Detroit picks, I'd be happy with it.

Love JC, but we gotta do what we gotta do

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, akay said:

Honestly, JC isn't being used to his full potential on our team, and Bogi is a bucket. 

If we get a legit solid contributer on offense and can rebuild the war chest with Detroit picks, I'd be happy with it.

Love JC, but we gotta do what we gotta do

The spacing would be incredible in certain lineups...

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, terrell said:

The spacing would be incredible in certain lineups...

Spacing would be incredible, and the team would be closer to last year's offensive minded team which was hella fun to watch even when they lost.

Watching shots brick hurts my soul more than the happiness I get from watching mediocre defense with the current crew.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

Ressler's son is now the President of Basketball operations. Nepotism is running wild in this organization. 

https://twitter.com/femaleatlhawk/status/1605607153254817799?t=PWKACQxxcQ2I2J2fq7jp_w&s=19

3 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

He's had that position for over two years already.  I don't think it's a new job since the Schlenk announcement.  
And, rich owners always seem to involve their kids.  I don't see that as a huge red flag, as it seems to be the norm.  Since we've pretty much never heard a word about Nick Ressler the last two years, I doubt he does much other than "learn on the job" anyway.

Nick is the Director of BBall ops and has been for 2 years. 

Travis was the President of BBall ops, this role now goes to Fields.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

TS will have a say. I don't know if you are aware of the Falcons and how they operate but this is literally the Rich McKay situation for the Hawks. TS is going nowhere unless he wants to leave at some point. This promotion makes him basically fireproof because Fields is the true GM now. And if things don't work out then Fields would be the one held accountable...not TS.

TS just got the best CYA job in sports. He has a legit say in what goes on, he has a direct voice to the owner and best of all for him there is zero accountability for his position. It is a win/win scenario for TS.

o4r7qvj0qxf5d6dyujyc.jpg

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

We're going to be disappointed for sure.   JC by himself is going to get us Crowder/saric or shamet or bojan/filler.   If Bagley comes to the Hawks though I'll be super pissed. 

The 'surprise' team i don't know. 

image.png

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The other Bogi for JC and some of the firsts Detroit has would make people here go....

(fill in the blank to your reaction)

...we lost because we couldn't rebound or get a stop.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

image.png

🤢

• Like 2