• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Yeah, yeah... I know we're winning right now, but I just wish Trae could become more efficient.  4 for 10 to start the game.  Missed long threes I know need to be somewhat "tolerated" since it does open things up.  Sometimes they are ill-advised, however, as most can acknowledge.
But he also takes too many very difficult shots, IMHO, and the team would benefit from better judgement from him on those.  We just need to get our shooting % up from Trae to make everyone else more dangerous as well since teams will cover him ever more closely and give the rest of the team opportunities.  

1 minute ago, LongTimeFan said:

Yeah, yeah... I know we're winning right now, but I just wish Trae could become more efficient.  4 for 10 to start the game.  Missed long threes I know need to be somewhat "tolerated" since it does open things up.  Sometimes they are ill-advised, however, as most can acknowledge.
But he also takes too many very difficult shots, IMHO, and the team would benefit from better judgement from him on those.  We just need to get our shooting % up from Trae to make everyone else more dangerous as well since teams will cover him ever more closely and give the rest of the team opportunities.  

As I keep trying to tell all of you, you want Trae to be aggressive in the 1st quarter because it normally benefits the team.

He's come out ultra aggressive tonight and has 13 points on 5 - 12 FG.  He's already drawn 2 shooting fouls ( really 4, because 2 of them weren't called ).  And we currently have a 10 point lead.

The reason why teams double team Trae, is to take the ball out of his hands.  When the ball is out of his hands, this team is far less dangerous.  But for the team to be dangerous, Trae has to score the basketball.  Once he starts to score the basketball, other players start becoming open, like Bogi was on that last 3.

This is a guard driven league.  And the lead guards take a good number of shots. 

We seem to be the only fan base that has a problem with our best player taking a lot of shots.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As I keep trying to tell all of you, you want Trae to be aggressive in the 1st quarter because it normally benefits the team.

He's come out ultra aggressive tonight and has 13 points on 5 - 12 FG.  He's already drawn 2 shooting fouls ( really 4, because 2 of them weren't called ).  And we currently have a 10 point lead.

The reason why teams double team Trae, is to take the ball out of his hands.  When the ball is out of his hands, this team is far less dangerous.  But for the team to be dangerous, Trae has to score the basketball.  Once he starts to score the basketball, other players start becoming open, like Bogi was on that last 3.

This is a guard driven league.  And the lead guards take a good number of shots. 

We seem to be the only fan base that has a problem with our best player taking a lot of shots.

Trae can take a LOT of shots and I will be a happy man... provided he becomes more efficient.  None of what you said is untrue.  I don't think my point is either.  I am a big Trae fan.  Just want him to be a bit smarter with his choices.  
P.S. I admire that you are just about the biggest Trae supporter on the Squawk.  I'm with ya'!

Hawks need to put another 10 spot on ‘em in the 2nd so we can better survive our inevitable 3rd Q choke fest. It’s our calling card right now..

Edited by terrell

It is not an either or proposition . You can be aggressive without totally dominating the ball and taking 12 shots in the first quarter. Are you going to take 48 shots tonight.  There are time that you absolutely know that Trae is going to shoot with no way of passing.  If I can see it I know his teammates see it. No better way of losing or disengaging your teammates.  Winning comes first numbers second. You can have both. 

1 minute ago, FL_BRYANT said:

It is not an either or proposition . You can be aggressive without totally dominating the ball and taking 12 shots in the first quarter. Are you going to take 48 shots tonight.  There are time that you absolutely know that Trae is going to shoot with no way of passing.  If I can see it I know his teammates see it. No better way of losing or disengaging your teammates.  Winning comes first numbers second. You can have both. 

But his teammates are engaged.  The crowd gets engaged too. 

Trae staying in attack mode is always best for this team. 

When Trae comes back in after this next dead ball, let's see how the Lakers defend him.  And then see how Trae counters it.

Just now, NBASupes said:

It's crazy to see how bad the Lakers suck

To me, Lebron should play the 4 full time, with less ball handling from him.

Dennis and Westbrook ( when healthy ) should be controlling the tempo of the game, while Lebron focuses more on slashing and scoring.  I know that's not his makeup, but at his age, that's where his game should transition to.