• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

It's time for Nate to go.. Our offense is a series of everybody going one on one. 

Hard to say something like that, when we already have 63 points.

Trae and Dejounte is getting a little caught up in the crowd reactions.  To me, that's not a bad thing, as long as they're productive.

Dejounte with 12 points . . Trae with 13 points, and at the line to get 15.

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hard to say something like that, when we already have 63 points.

Trae and Dejounte is getting a little caught up in the crowd reactions.  To me, that's not a bad thing, as long as they're productive.

Dejounte with 12 points . . Trae with 13 points, and at the line to get 15.

This type of play is not win sustainable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But his teammates are engaged.  The crowd gets engaged too. 

Trae staying in attack mode is always best for this team. 

When Trae comes back in after this next dead ball, let's see how the Lakers defend him.  And then see how Trae counters it.

Attack mode doesnt mean shooting everytime...

Especially when you've been shooting like shit all season long..

6-15 and counting.. These horrific shooting nights are getting old...

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
Just now, nathan2331 said:

There's such a lack of purpose in the movement off the ball. I don't how things haven't evolved this far into the season.

The Lakers actually play just like us.  An Iso... fest.  we have no movement and we hope we win off the talent of our most talented players.    Guys other than Trae and DJ get the ball and get hungup...

We're up because AJ and Bogi hit some threes.   Our offense should be humming and it's not.  

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

I hate watching this team play. It's iso ball to extreme levels. I only like watching when Bogi is in the game

Sheez, Bogi is just as bad as Trae.  For Bogi it's worse because he doesn't know his role.  He's a second unit gunner.   He plays like he's freaking Steph Curry or something. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This type of play is not win sustainable. 

That's not true Diesel.  Ball movement is overrated, because you still need people that can make shots, to make it effective. 

The only thing that matters is if we score or not on any given possession.  If ball movement is getting you easier shots, especially at the rim, it's very effective.  If it's getting you open jumpers, you have to make that jumpshot.

We moved the ball very well vs Brooklyn, and went ice cold on jumpers in the 2nd half. It was only when we were driving the ball to the basket with isos that we were scoring.

So it varies from game to game.

• Confused 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

I hate watching this team play. It's iso ball to extreme levels. I only like watching when Bogi is in the game

You and me both.. Real Fans gonna get tired of this shit soon..Most already are that I know....No way Im driving downtown to watch this offense..

When those tickets stop selling Ressler will see the light I guess..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's not true Diesel.  Ball movement is overrated, because you still need people that can make shots, to make it effective. 

The only thing that matters is if we score or not on any given possession.  If ball movement is getting you easier shots, especially at the rim, it's very effective.  If it's getting you open jumpers, you have to make that jumpshot.

We moved the ball very well vs Brooklyn, and went ice cold on jumpers in the 2nd half. It was only when we were driving the ball to the basket with isos that we were scoring.

So it varies from game to game.

My friend Ball movement & Player movement opens up easier shots.   Right now, we have guys going iso and taking contested shots with nobody in position to rebound.   Our saving grace is that AJ and Bogi have hit big threes.   Again, this type of play is not win sustainable. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

Why in the hell was he taken out of the rotation again??  Dude can ball.

He was struggling a little.  Looked like he was losing confidence.

Jalen is a good open court player, who also can put the ball on the floor.  And when he's really engaged, he's an energy guy.

• Like 3