• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I questioned the hell out of it and was called a hater but that said, it was the only deal on the market for another star. 

Star? lol

It was a Desperation move by Schlenk.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Hate to bust up your train...

JJ and Frank played for the 2:55 Minute mark in the 3rd to the 3:55 minute in the 4th. 

And Frank was subbed back in a couple of times for offense after that. 

It was a tie game at the 3:55 mark

10 - 0 run after we took the lead and went up by 2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

It absolutely is not. 

The loss is predicated on them coming out lazy and hustling with their two best players out. 

The Hawks have a first and forth quarter problem.  They need to fix it.

They keep playing hero ball at the end of games and losing leads. 

They don't box out and let other teams get offensive rebounds left and right.

It would be one thing if they didn't have the talent or ability to control the above, but they do. I mention this stuff rather they win or lose.

From my vantage...

I saw down the stretch was a team that:

• Was outrebounded.
  • could not stop Jrue Holiday (and he was well guarded a few of those times.). 
  • could not score.

Now I know in your fancy computer that you believe that Frank had about 4 more 3 pointers... or that somehow Ball movement was going to make JJ shoot better...  But in reality...

We scored a lot of our points off of points in transition (JJ) and Frank the tank's good shooting.

The points off of transition were opportunity points and in a few of those cases, we didn't create the opportunity.   They did. 

So Nate goes back to his starters.   At one time, Bogi was Carry the freakin team because we had no other scoring options.  This becomes a bad coaching move to you because... we lost.  I love the freakin hindsight. 

Just let me know how those three points would have been fixed with whatever you wanted us to do coach...

Just now, Diesel said:

From my vantage...

I saw down the stretch was a team that:

• Was outrebounded.
  • could not stop Jrue Holiday (and he was well guarded a few of those times.). 
  • could not score.

Now I know in your fancy computer that you believe that Frank had about 4 more 3 pointers... or that somehow Ball movement was going to make JJ shoot better...  But in reality...

We scored a lot of our points off of points in transition (JJ) and Frank the tank's good shooting.

The points off of transition were opportunity points and in a few of those cases, we didn't create the opportunity.   They did. 

So Nate goes back to his starters.   At one time, Bogi was Carry the freakin team because we had no other scoring options.  This becomes a bad coaching move to you because... we lost.  I love the freakin hindsight. 

Just let me know how those three points would have been fixed with whatever you wanted us to do coach...

what the actual hell are you talking about?

Please address what I said and not what you think I said. 

20 minutes ago, terrell said:

Did they watch SA tape at all before they made this move? Or just grabbed him because Trae wanted him? The fit just isnt there..

He fits alongside Trae.   Not as the lead guard with no shooters.

His inability to draw fouls is really a detriment to his game.  He depends on his midrange jumper a lot, but doesn't draw contact, or look to draw contact, on the shot.  That is what limited Joe Johnson from being a superstar, instead of just an All-Star.  For Dejounte, it's limiting him from being an All-Star.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It would be one thing if they didn't have the talent or ability to control the above, but they do.

This was the point I was addressing.  I say we don't have the ability to control the above for a whole game. 

Was your basis what we did for a spurt??

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The loss is predicated on them coming out lazy and hustling with their two best players out. 

This did not matter after we took back the lead in the 4th.   

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

This was the point I was addressing.  I say we don't have the ability to control the above for a whole game. 

Was your basis what we did for a spurt??

This did not matter after we took back the lead in the 4th.   

If you don't think this team doesn't have enough talent to hustle and box out then I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The Hawks have a first and forth quarter problem.  They need to fix it.

Usually... we fix the fourth problem with this little guy named Trae.  He kinda runs the offense.   In tight games, he can get to the FT line.   Without him, we don't seem to have anybody who can do those two things well.... especially in tight games.   So what happens is we watch Bogi bounce the ball off of his hurt knee.. or we notice that we don't inbound the ball well. 

Coming out flat happens to damn near every team in the league.   That's not an issue that just about us.. there's nothing about us that makes us come out flat every game... in fact, I don't think we come out flat every game. 

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

They don't box out and let other teams get offensive rebounds left and right.

I agree.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

If you don't think this team doesn't have enough talent to hustle and box out then I don't know what to tell you.

I don't know if there's a quick answer for our rebounding. 

OO needs to go to rebounding school. 

JC does rebound and he boxes out but if there's more than his guy coming there's nothing he can do. 

For all the people hollaring about Frank and JJ tonight... between them they got 5 freaking rebounds.   They made Hunter look like freakin Wilt Chamberlain out there. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Usually... we fix the fourth problem with this little guy named Trae.  He kinda runs the offense.   In tight games, he can get to the FT line.   Without him, we don't seem to have anybody who can do those two things well.... especially in tight games.   So what happens is we watch Bogi bounce the ball off of his hurt knee.. or we notice that we don't inbound the ball well. 

Coming out flat happens to damn near every team in the league.   That's not an issue that just about us.. there's nothing about us that makes us come out flat every game... in fact, I don't think we come out flat every game. 

I agree.

It happens more often than with the Hawks.

They have one of, if not the worst, point differentials in the first and fourth quarter of any team in the NBA.

This isn't me saying the Hawks are so terrible they'll never win another game.  This is me pointing out issues they need to address if they expect to win games consistently. Which they haven't to this point.

Trae can't do everything and quite frankly the blown leads have happened with him on the floor or not because everyone just depends on him to do something.  That is a coaching problem.  Not everything is on Nate, but the 4th quarter offensive struggles definitely are.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't know if there's a quick answer for our rebounding. 

OO needs to go to rebounding school. 

JC does rebound and he boxes out but if there's more than his guy coming there's nothing he can do. 

For all the people hollaring about Frank and JJ tonight... between them they got 5 freaking rebounds.   They made Hunter look like freakin Wilt Chamberlain out there. 

It's not a problem with our bigs. Our guards and wings don't block out and that's the huge problem and why so many offensive rebounds are given up.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He fits alongside Trae.   Not as the lead guard with no shooters.

His inability to draw fouls is really a detriment to his game.  He depends on his midrange jumper a lot, but doesn't draw contact, or look to draw contact, on the shot.  That is what limited Joe Johnson from being a superstar, instead of just an All-Star.  For Dejounte, it's limiting him from being an All-Star.

What I liked about Murray was his driving. He has not been doing that here.  I posted a start regarding his driving last year vs this year. It's significantly down. Additionally, he's not rebounding like he did in SAS.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

he have one of, if not the worst point differents in the first and fourth quarter of any team in the NBA.

Not true.  We're #17 - 1st quarter.

#23 - 4th quarter.

It's interesting.   We're actually better this year in 4th quarter differential than we were last year. 

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

here's the real question then...

Had we won the game.  Maybe another AJ magic moment and Hawks win...

Would the same people who are saying what they are saying now be here tonight saying what they are saying after the win???

If not... then this is about the Loss...   And the loss is predicated on the fact that our two best players (arguably) were not playing and we were playing one of the super powers in the east...

To me.. the conditions don't warrant evaluation. 

No Diesel . . the loss is predicated that we went ISO at the end of the game again, and didn't execute.   We were up 2 with under 4 minutes to go, and immediately got outscored 10 - 0 to put the game out of reach.

No matter who is at fault, the offensive execution down the stretch was atrocious.  No movement.  People taking quick 3s and fade away shots.  And Nate even told them not to do that.  He was mic'd up and he said it.

Yes, we lost the game without Trae and Clint.  But when we had the lead late in the game, all bets are off.  That game could've gone either way, and we didn't get it done . . . again.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It's not a problem with our bigs. Our guards and wings don't block out and that's the huge problem and why so many offensive rebounds are given up.

Connaughton got 4 ORebs.

We are a small team so in some instances I expect the bigger teams bigs to get boards. It's when guards/wings get those boards that's my frustration.

It's the lack of hustle ftom our guys to get to rebounds.  Too many times they are waiting for the ball to come to them...Go get the ball!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2