• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Bucks with Middleton are the best team in the east to me and it's not even close.  Without him other teams have a chance.  

This is about as down on a Hawks season as I've been in a while.   Every game is basically the same.  We've got to make some changes.  

They actually are harder to guard without Middleton. He ball stops but he's so valuable in the playoffs and against the best teams in the NBA. 

51 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It’s a Hawks culture. Our perimeter players don’t put forth the effort to crash the glass. Never have. Murray is now a product of his new environment.  Same with his passing. We aren’t creative enough on offense to take advantage of 2 elite playmakers. Our culture is centered around one man on offense.

He's not a heliocentric PG. He just doesn't fit this system.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Who does that?  Probably a UGA fan.

#ShotsFiredButYouKnowImRite

:laugh1: :laugh1: Ok I don’t follow college football but I’m bustin right now cuz that’s the prototype UGA fan I’ve seen here in Cali too. The dude just has a bandwagon face to him that’s indescribable 😂 

No, you are 💯 on this. 

Inreally wanna know if he’s a UGA fan now 🤣 

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

yep.

What do you want to change?

Well Nate has to go.  I don't really hate Nate that much and don't think he's the real problem but it's obvious he can't be here long term so why wait.

Also hate to say it but seems like JC is going too.  If he doesn't want to be here and he and Trae aren't going to really coexist very well then he's a least a valuable piece to trade.  

To me our offense is a huge problem.   Everyone likes to criticize guys like McCollum and Mitchell for their D but they get buckets.  We need that in the worst way.   DJ isn't doing it.   We skated by the last few years when Gallo/Lou/Bogi could do that for us but now Bogi is losing a step and we didn't replace Gallo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Well Nate has to go.  I don't really hate Nate that much and don't think he's the real problem but it's obvious he can't be here long term so why wait.

Also hate to say it but seems like JC is going too.  If he doesn't want to be here and he and Trae aren't going to really coexist very well then he's a least a valuable piece to trade.  

To me our offense is a huge problem.   Everyone likes to criticize guys like McCollum and Mitchell for their D but they get buckets.  We need that in the worst way.   DJ isn't doing it.   We skated by the last few years when Gallo/Lou/Bogi could do that for us but now Bogi is losing a step and we didn't replace Gallo. 

Damn, I totally disagree with just about everything you said. 

1.  Nate has to go.   I agree with this.   I don't know when that can happen.   I thought the break would be a good time but we don't have anybody we can put in place with a whole new staff... especially if they know that they may be fired at the end of the season anyway.   But why should Nate go?  Because Nate doesn't have the ability to pair Trae, DJM, and the rest  on offense.  AND because even though Nate is supposed to be a dictator coach.. he has not taught or made this team box out.  Last night, I clearly heard him say move around and move the ball... and they went out and played Iso ball.   There's some definition problems. 

2.  JC doesn't have to go.   We can't easily replace him.   Even if there were willing trade partners... and we moved JC... Who fits what we need better than JC.  Durant?  Who else?

3.  This team is going to have to be uncomfortably coached.   I know this is back to Nate again.   However, Bring in somebody like Hunt and give him power.  OH.. we can't do that because Trae is making the decisions. 

4.  Replace Bogi with another gunner.   Bogi is an excellent shooter.  But he doesn't understand his role.  Plus, he offers nothing on defense.    Can we get Buddy?  Can we get Wiggins?  Can we get Bones?

And yes.. our problem is overall 3 pt shooting.   We shoot too many for the output that we get.  We are 26th in 3pt%...  But we're only 25th in 3 pt attempts.  I don't know.

Frank the tank to the rescue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

We'll never get to see THIS team under an effective coaching scheme and that is a real shame.  I anticipate certain guys being sold off the way Huerter was to shave salary.  If all making the playoffs accomplishes is putting extra money in the owners pocket when not enough has been invested to help team success and stability, then I don't want the Hawks to make the playoffs.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Damn, I totally disagree with just about everything you said. 

1.  Nate has to go.   I agree with this.   I don't know when that can happen.   I thought the break would be a good time but we don't have anybody we can put in place with a whole new staff... especially if they know that they may be fired at the end of the season anyway.   But why should Nate go?  Because Nate doesn't have the ability to pair Trae, DJM, and the rest  on offense.  AND because even though Nate is supposed to be a dictator coach.. he has not taught or made this team box out.  Last night, I clearly heard him say move around and move the ball... and they went out and played Iso ball.   There's some definition problems. 

2.  JC doesn't have to go.   We can't easily replace him.   Even if there were willing trade partners... and we moved JC... Who fits what we need better than JC.  Durant?  Who else?

3.  This team is going to have to be uncomfortably coached.   I know this is back to Nate again.   However, Bring in somebody like Hunt and give him power.  OH.. we can't do that because Trae is making the decisions. 

4.  Replace Bogi with another gunner.   Bogi is an excellent shooter.  But he doesn't understand his role.  Plus, he offers nothing on defense.    Can we get Buddy?  Can we get Wiggins?  Can we get Bones?

And yes.. our problem is overall 3 pt shooting.   We shoot too many for the output that we get.  We are 26th in 3pt%...  But we're only 25th in 3 pt attempts.  I don't know.

Frank the tank to the rescue.

Seems like the only thing you disagreed with was JC.  I don't particularly want him to go but players who don't really like the team they are on never work out.   That's where we are we just don't notice because he's a great guy and a professional.  But it affects him and everyone around him no matter how  professional he is about it.  

Trae is still our only real weapon.   That's a big problem. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

yep.

What do you want to change?

The coaching staff.  Front office stability and a top 5 draft pick.  If we have #1, draft Wemby, otherwise trade down for more future picks or use the pick to pick up a veteran difference maker. 

I don't like tanking, but I think this one season can really change our future outlook. 

21 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seems like the only thing you disagreed with was JC.  I don't particularly want him to go but players who don't really like the team they are on never work out.   That's where we are we just don't notice because he's a great guy and a professional.  But it affects him and everyone around him no matter how  professional he is about it.  

Trae is still our only real weapon.   That's a big problem. 

Where are you getting that JC doesn't like the team he's on? 

I believe one of the insiders said JC wants his name to stop circulating in the rumor mill or they need to go ahead and trade him. 

Kevin Huerter said most of the stuff about JC and Trae, JC specifically has been out right lies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Where are you getting that JC doesn't like the team he's on? 

I believe one of the insiders said JC wants his name to stop circulating in the rumor mill or they need to go ahead and trade him. 

Kevin Huerter said most of the stuff about JC and Trae, JC specifically has been out right lies.

From the Athletic article.   I guess i'd ask what have you heard from JC that makes you think he likes it here this year.

Yes and no. Being in this position, and being in the sort of limbo state for as long as I have been, I’m sort of just comfortable with whatever’s happening because I’ve been waiting for something to, or I’ve thought about all that the scenarios in which something could happen, so I’m not even thinking about two, three, four years ahead. Again, I literally can’t control whether I’ll be here, or where I’ll be in two or three years, you know?

But are you hoping that one thing or another happens?

I don’t give a damn honestly, you know what I mean?

How’s that possible? 

What do you mean? I play basketball every day, you know what I mean? I come in and I play basketball, and whatever happens, happens because I don’t control that side. I don’t have any control over any decisions that get made, where I am and where I play. I don’t have any control over that. I can say, ‘Hey, I want to do this and I wanna do that,’ and they can just do whatever they feel is fair. You saw it with Kevin Durant, right? He’s begging for trade, and Brooklyn is like, ‘Nah.’ Not saying that I’m Kevin Durant, but it’s just the mentality of ‘Yeah, you can say whatever, you can make a public scene, you can do whatever (and it won’t matter).’

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

You don't even have to read between the lines to see JC's point.  If KD can't force a trade then i'm not going to be able to either.   These aren't the words of a guy who loves being here. 

Or maybe he's saying a player of Kevin's power doesn't have control of where he's at so how am I supposed to stop them from trading me. 

If you take his first few comments with that statement.

Could be read both ways.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Or maybe he's saying a player of Kevin's power doesn't have control of where he's at so how am I supposed to stop them from trading me. 

If you take his first few comments with that statement.

Could be read both ways.

But he unequivocally said he doesn't care either way.   If you are really happy where you are you don't say that. 

Just now, macdaddy said:

But he unequivocally said he doesn't care either way.   If you are really happy where you are you don't say that. 

Put in the context of his previous statement of tired of being in the rumor mill.  Yeah, he doesn't care.  He's told them he wants to b here and if they trade them it's on them.

He doesn't care either way because it's out of his control.

Would you care about something that's out of your control? 

I personally don't. If you can't control something, why waste energy on it?

• Like 3