• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Put in the context of his previous statement of tired of being in the rumor mill.  Yeah, he doesn't care.  He's told them he wants to b here and if they trade them it's on them.

He doesn't care either way because it's out of his control.

Would you care about something that's out of your control? 

I personally don't. If you can't control something, why waste energy on it?

First, let me say i hope you're right.   I'm just in a pessimistic mood.

Second let me say, we all due respect, that makes no sense.  I mean why are we all posting here all day long about the Hawks?  We can't control any aspect of it but we all care about it.   We all care and put energy into thousands of things we can't control.  

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

You don't even have to read between the lines to see JC's point.  If KD can't force a trade then i'm not going to be able to either.   These aren't the words of a guy who loves being here. 

I got that a lil too. At the same time he could just be hurt and acting cool but be vulnerable inside and really love being a Hawk. 

Having said that…

You offer me Vanderbilt and Beasley for JC and a 2nd I pull. 

Vanderbilt is a winner. Maybe he wasn’t in Minny but that’s cuz he was with KAT and that organization. This kid might be a perfect fit with us and specially Trae. He is a perfect 4 type of garbage man for Trae. The only thing he lacks that JC has is the outside shot including the 3. But this kid has heart.

Throw in Beasley, a straight bucket getter in the prototype of guys like Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams, and Ronald Flip Murray, he’s a dog 🐶 straight RUFFin it for a bucket. 

• Like 1

But he unequivocally said he doesn't care either way.   If you are really happy where you are you don't say that. 

He’s being vulnerable.

Like saying I love you to somebody and them saying thank you. 

JC’s prolly mentally had it. I dunno anymore lol. As a fan, I’ve had it. I can’t read his name in the rumor column anymore :sarcastic:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I got that a lil too. At the same time he could just be hurt and acting cool but be vulnerable inside and really love being a Hawk. 

Having said that…

You offer me Vanderbilt and Beasley for JC and a 2nd I pull. 

Vanderbilt is a winner. Maybe he wasn’t in Minny but that’s cuz he was with KAT and that organization. This kid might be a perfect fit with us and specially Trae. He is a perfect 4 type of garbage man for Trae. The only thing he lacks that JC has is the outside shot including the 3. But this kid has heart.

Throw in Beasley, a straight bucket getter in the prototype of guys like Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams, and Ronald Flip Murray, he’s a dog 🐶 straight RUFFin it for a bucket. 

Yeah i kind of feel that way too even though i will absolutely hate to see JC go.  But getting 2 rotation players for 1 is a good idea at this point.

• Like 1

First, let me say i hope you're right.   I'm just in a pessimistic mood.

Second let me say, we all due respect, that makes no sense.  I mean why are we all posting here all day long about the Hawks?  We can't control any aspect of it but we all care about it.   We all care and put energy into thousands of things we can't control.  

That's different than a work environment. If I tell my boss to review a file timely and tell him time and time again, and he doesn't do it, I don't care at that point because I've handle my responsibility and it's on him. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

But getting 2 rotation players for 1 is a good idea at this point.

Something about combo’ing Vandy with Trae. I don’t know why but that gives me a really good feeling. 

@TheNorthCydeRises would like it more too as it would mean more shots for Trae and less even trying to think about getting  Vandy involved because his buckets come off misses mostly and he creates his own offensive production with no plays called for him whatsoever.

Plus throw in Beasley. I like that a lot. It’s a straight 2 for 1. If you don’t believe that it’s at least 1.5 for 1. 

Beasley has a team option for next year and Vandy is at like 4 mill for 2023-24 then off the books. 

I would.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

:Bud: Fake news.  They tol' me that was moonshine in that bottle.  Hawks fans oughta know I don't drink water before I drive.  Yuck.

I’d hate to offer Bud any type of alcoholic bev in my house. He would be snooty as hell :laugh1:

• Haha 2

Here’s my thinking and it’s a bit of “supology”.. :huh:

JC is the better player in the deal. Vanderbilt and Beasley would fit our system better. 

Nate’s system is built on doing the same thing over and over and over again. Why not get players that are great at doing what they do over and over and over again.

Vandy- garbage scorer, terrific rebounder.

Beasley- straight bucket getter, inside and out.

@kg01 if you got a prolem with this then knuckle up sun! 

{Jordan Clarkson dukes out} :boxing: 

#wecanknuckleupanyplaceanytime

#meetmeatthemall #itsgoingdown #meetmeattheclub #itsgoindown #anywhereyoumeetmeguaranteedtogodown

🕺🏽 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Here’s my thinking and it’s a bit of “supology”.. :huh:

JC is the better player in the deal. Vanderbilt and Beasley would fit our system better. 

Nate’s system is built on doing the same thing over and over and over again. Why not get players that are great at doing what they do over and over and over again.

Vandy- garbage scorer, terrific rebounder.

Beasley- straight bucket getter, inside and out.

@kg01 if you got a prolem with this then knuckle up sun! 

{Jordan Clarkson dukes out} :boxing: 

#wecanknuckleupanyplaceanytime

#meetmeatthemall #itsgoingdown #meetmeattheclub #itsgoindown #anywhereyoumeetmeguaranteedtogodown

🕺🏽 

Dang, we fightin?  Does the girl-wife know you still out in these streets throwin' hands?  Smh  I'm sure she would not approve. 

Actually, can you sign her up with an account?  I'd like to bounce some ideas off her for making you a better boyf-husband.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Just judging from his last interview where they asked if he was ok with being traded and he said 'i don't give a damn'.  

I don't give a damn is not the same as I hate being here.   It's a sign of frustration.   He's frustrated because he's always the subject of a trade.   You'd be frustrated too. 

It is like if your wife asked you every day what you want for dinner.... and you gave her your request and she never cooked it.   Then one day she asked you again and you said "i don't give a damn."... does that mean that you don't want to eat??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

SPUD:  Here's some grandfatherly advice about keeping that gal happy.  It works!

Your life together should be a 50-50 deal.  You disagree about something.

Half the time you tell her that she's right

AND

Half the time you tell her that you are wrong!

This adds up to 100% of the time.  All is happiness!

:smug:

Makes perfect sense to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Does Brook Lopez ever miss a three? I swear he hits every three he shoots against us. It's unbelievable. 

Late but I will mention that Brook has hit more 3's against Atlanta than any other team in the NBA for his career.  Shoots over 40% against us (shoots 34.5% for his career).

• Sad 2

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't give a damn is not the same as I hate being here.   It's a sign of frustration.   He's frustrated because he's always the subject of a trade.   You'd be frustrated too. 

It is like if your wife asked you every day what you want for dinner.... and you gave her your request and she never cooked it.   Then one day she asked you again and you said "i don't give a damn."... does that mean that you don't want to eat??

I'm not saying he shouldnt be frustrated nor am i saying he hates it here.   All I'm saying is he doesn't seem super happy.   Do you do your best work when you're frustrated and feel powerless?  

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not saying he shouldnt be frustrated nor am i saying he hates it here.   All I'm saying is he doesn't seem super happy.   Do you do your best work when you're frustrated and feel powerless?  

I compartmentalize. 

• Haha 2