• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

OT:

Hubie Brown is awesome . I remember about 33 or so years ago watching him do a CBS Xmas day game of the Cavs at the Hawks. 

I thought he was an older guy then. I don’t know how old he is but he looks great and his mind is still very sharp. 👍 Hubie!!!!

He's the absolute best imo. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I thought about 4 weeks ago, a mini-power struggle was going on between Trae and Dejounte.  Maybe not in Trae's eyes, but definitely in Dejounte's eyes.  What Dejounte needs to do, is understand his role.  Trae is the lead guard.  He is the secondary guard.  We need Dejounte to lock in defensively, and not let guys like Jrue Holiday go off for 27 points. 

Sometimes we need his scoring, and if he has it going, by all means keep shooting the ball.  But if we need him to make the hockey assist to get it to a better shooter or a man closer to the rim, do that too.

As much as people love to rag on Trae, Dejounte does not have Trae's offensive skill set.  If that midrange jumper isn't falling, it's almost if his entire offensive game is null and void.  Until he becomes willing to take a hit and get to the line, he's going to be limited offensively.  So he needs to be that all-around guard that can be the glue to this team.

I felt his defense was good yesterday. Jrue was making tough baskets regardless of who was guarding him outside of Bogi who got cooked 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I felt his defense was good yesterday. Jrue was making tough baskets regardless of who was guarding him outside of Bogi who got cooked 

This is the truth.   IN those last.. I say 4 minutes,   Jrue Holiday became Allstar Jrue Holiday.   He hit one shot over Hunter that I said... Sheez.. it's over...   He's hitting shots from behind the backboard.   He's hitting shots in the midrange.    And his shots opened the floor for everybody else. 

Milwaukee tried to beat us down the way they normally beat us down...  Giannis/Lopez  or Giannis/crazyeyes on the floor and just dump into the post and muscle over us.  Shorthanded.. last night.. that didn't work.   That's why I'm not mad at our defense.   But the gathering of rebounds helped to kill us. 

People on here are crying about Isoball.  IF you can't stop the team on the other end, it doesn't matter what offensive set you run... and in those last 3 minutes, we couldn't stop them.  I haven't looked at the charts.. but I would venture that Milwaukee got points everytime they went down.  That's inclusive of misses and Offensive rebounds and a retry.  That's where we lost. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Wretch said:

Hold on.  Can ya'll rewind a little bit.  I need to grab my notepad...

How To Create a Meeting Agenda | MeetingKing

*clicks pen*

Ok.  Soooo....are we officially hating Dejounte now or is this like, spur of the moment/knee jerk hating?

Lol.  I'm just noting the two things that I expected him to keep doing here that he did in SAS. Rebound and Drive the ball. Both are trending down.

Screenshot_20230112_082300_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3

The starters VS The bench:

Every starter had a (-) in the box score.

Every bench player had a (+) in the box score.

Hawks were buried deep.  The bench came in and rescued us.  Hawks played like a real NBA team.  Knowing all this, please explain why we stopped play (Time out) and made sure we had all five starters in the game for the final three minutes??

Yes, we did!  Challenge!  Go back and check the tape.

🕑

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

This is the truth.   IN those last.. I say 4 minutes,   Jrue Holiday became Allstar Jrue Holiday.   He hit one shot over Hunter that I said... Sheez.. it's over...   He's hitting shots from behind the backboard.   He's hitting shots in the midrange.    And his shots opened the floor for everybody else. 

Milwaukee tried to beat us down the way they normally beat us down...  Giannis/Lopez  or Giannis/crazyeyes on the floor and just dump into the post and muscle over us.  Shorthanded.. last night.. that didn't work.   That's why I'm not mad at our defense.   But the gathering of rebounds helped to kill us. 

People on here are crying about Isoball.  IF you can't stop the team on the other end, it doesn't matter what offensive set you run... and in those last 3 minutes, we couldn't stop them.  I haven't looked at the charts.. but I would venture that Milwaukee got points everytime they went down.  That's inclusive of misses and Offensive rebounds and a retry.  That's where we lost. 

Our defense/rebounding and overall effort sucks.  The reality is that we don't box out, which is purely effort.  Opponent shoots the ball and our guys watch the ball all the way to the rim and then try to outjump their opponent for the rebound.  That doesn't work.  You have to BOX OUT your man.  But our players seem a bit too entitled to get physical and put in the effort to actually box someone out.

It's so frustrating to watch something so easy to fix.  When I played school ball we would be immediately yanked out of the game for not boxing out.  Like immediately.  Like is Nate even on these guys about that?  

Isoball works sometimes, but it can't be your goto for every critical situation.  There are times for it and that's OK, but it seems to be our fallback in every scenario.  We don't have the personnel.  You need big size/athleticism/strength to have consistency there.  Trae is too small to be iso'ing for the last 4 minutes of every game, he has to work so hard to get open and routinely will get his shot blocked.  Dejounte definitely ain't an ISO guy, and neither is anyone else on the team.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol.  I'm just noting the two things that I expected him to keep doing here that he did in SAS. Rebound and Drive the ball. Both are trending down.

Screenshot_20230112_082300_Samsung Internet.jpg

It’s a Hawks culture. Our perimeter players don’t put forth the effort to crash the glass. Never have. Murray is now a product of his new environment.  Same with his passing. We aren’t creative enough on offense to take advantage of 2 elite playmakers. Our culture is centered around one man on offense.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

He's just THE BEST.

Absolutely. Grew up on listening to him and d*ck Stockton on CBS. What a team? That was probably my fav 1/2 punch of broadcasters ever.

ps I hated Rick Barry. He was such a lil brown noser know it all. Ugh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Bucks with Middleton are the best team in the east to me and it's not even close.  Without him other teams have a chance.  

This is about as down on a Hawks season as I've been in a while.   Every game is basically the same.  We've got to make some changes.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1