• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Athletic (Sam Amick): Nick Ressler runs the team now (The Resslers = Atlanta Spirit Group 2.0?) (OPEN THE FLOOD GATES Y'ALL)

GameTime

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He did. He straight up said he met him on a plane ✈️ and they talked about Okoro.

So, are we to believe moving forward that Landry is just a puppet GM and has no input on building the team?

I just want to know where we stand and will point blame moving forward.

My guess is if things go well, then Landry is a good GM who learned the ways under Schlenk.

But, if things go bad, Nick Ressler meddled and made all the decisions and that’s why we failed.

I believe we have a group of people working together whose collective voice was loud enough to impact sweeping changes. I believe whoever is left is on the same page with where THEY want to take this. I don’t know if I will agree with their decisions, but I think they are at least all in cahoots with one another. 

Like we used to say in marching band, “If one person is wrong, we are all wrong”

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Another major point has to be looked at now that its become public about the dynamics of the front office. I'm being objective here. Travis Schlenk was a new GM.  His first major move is a top 5 pick.  He has a choice between more of a proven professional player in Luka because played pro ball in the Euro League.  Trae Young was a unknown and there was serious doubt about whether his size and game would translate to the NBA. 

We have learned that Schlenk is conservative at building this roster and goes for the more proven solid player over taking chances with flashy players. We also learned that he was not willing to risk high draft picks.  DeAndre Hunter was a example of his conservative way of building the roster.  The way this has shaken out makes me feel that the Murray situation was a continuance of the Luka for Trae trade in terms of the dynamics of who has the final say on the roster. 

Trae is not a bust.  Thats not the issue.  Trae's problem has been unaccountability while demanding total control of everything around him.  From a basketball point of view, at the time it was made, the trade didn't make sense for a new GM.  The blue print was Golden State and that blueprint could've included EITHER Luka or Trae because of their style of play.   The trade now looks like what a lot of critics say it was, a marketing move that Travis most likely didn't agree with at the time

How quickly we forget that the other guy clashed with his coach so much, that it led to one of the reasons why the coach resigned from the organization.  Not just any coach. A championship level coach that had been with that organization for 13 years.

But I digress.

Travis had a choice between two Hall of Fame talents.  One of the talents has had more individual success and accolades.  The other has achieved slightly less individual success, while leading his team to a deeper playoff run.

Until one of these talents reaches the NBA Finals or wins a championship, we cannot definitively say that Travis made the wrong choice.  Neither guy has been paired with a legit, 2nd All-NBA player to run with.  It is very hard to win in this league with just one star/superstar player.  And you need the right role players around you as well.

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok here it goes. I’m sorry for your loss and I’ve sent my condolences 💐 as well. I’m going through some stuff as well that I’d rather not share and that’s tough as well. Kg has been through some tough times. We should all love each other as humans and I fully agree and understand that.

Now, separation of church and state….

Now for the objective side of things..

1. You keep saying you’ve been right with all these things that have happened with the Hawks. Really? Which ones? Name them specifically. 

2. You sent me a PM, yet you keep involving all these folks to come bat for you AGAINST me making me look like a bad guy who you keep saying CALLED YOU A LIAR. If you can’t find where I exactly quoted that, then it’s a moot point and your fantasizing about it like you do being an insider.

3. The people defending you, they aren’t really my fans, they are mainly mad because I’m mainly right and they are mainly not. JEALOUSY can be a real thing. I called the BIG O being my guy and drafted by Schlenk, also the AJ pick. I have evidence to back that. Show me some of yours, or any. It’s like you keep twisting nbasupes and campster in it like that validates it, :er:… nah. 

4. Are you Supes and camp dedicated fans of the Hawks, sure. But having you come back to threads and say..

HEY GUYS LOOK I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE RESSLERS WANTING TO MAKE SOME MOVES..  it’s some gloating and you keep doing it. I’m fed up with it. Having said that, I should have moved on from your post and not shown reaction to it. The Ressler’s had me twisted yesterday and you’re non proven floating pushed me over the edge.

ps I don’t care if you’re a 700 pound guy or a 50 pound guy, you are a Hawks fan and that’s all I really give a $hit about. The extra stuff (gossip, rumors, insider bs) I’m not down wit it. 

I got no words. You really are having some kind of mental issue or something the last few days so I'm going to complete disengage from responding or talking to you for a while. I hope things get better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Koonin? LMAO.  Steve Koonin?  THE LAST PERSON you need to listen to, lmao. Its a BUSINESS.  He is soo good at it that he became CEO of WWE Wrestling.   His job is to put out the noise that Murray has been talking about.  I chuckle every time I see him on tv. Don King would be proud of him:

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced that Steve Koonin, Connor Schell and Nick Khan have been elected to its Board of Directors.

“The addition of Steve, Connor and Nick provides WWE and its Board with some of the most accomplished executives in media,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman & CEO. “With such proven track records across our industry, we look forward to their insight and contributions as members of our Board.”

Koonin is the Chief Executive Officer of the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena, a position he has held since April 2014. Previously, Koonin served as the President of Turner Entertainment Networks overseeing TNT, TBS, truTV and TCM, following a 14-year run with The Coca-Cola Company where he led marketing and advertising operations.

https://corporate.wwe.com/investors/news/press-releases/2021/06-01-2021-160026897image.thumb.png.8c5a3bc5a0dc7b0b30e2f02b940ba2f8.png 

image.thumb.png.41e8d71e92d2c6a053ebc8d742bff0bb.png 

Very good look for Koonin to be involved in WWE.  Maybe he can submit some ideas to make the product better.

Start out by having Trae win the Royal Rumble.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok here it goes. I’m sorry for your loss and I’ve sent my condolences 💐 as well. I’m going through some stuff as well that I’d rather not share and that’s tough as well. Kg has been through some tough times. We should all love each other as humans and I fully agree and understand that.

Now, separation of church and state….

Now for the objective side of things..

1. You keep saying you’ve been right with all these things that have happened with the Hawks. Really? Which ones? Name them specifically. 

2. You sent me a PM, yet you keep involving all these folks to come bat for you AGAINST me making me look like a bad guy who you keep saying CALLED YOU A LIAR. If you can’t find where I exactly quoted that, then it’s a moot point and your fantasizing about it like you do being an insider.

3. The people defending you, they aren’t really my fans, they are mainly mad because I’m mainly right and they are mainly not. JEALOUSY can be a real thing. I called the BIG O being my guy and drafted by Schlenk, also the AJ pick. I have evidence to back that. Show me some of yours, or any. It’s like you keep twisting nbasupes and campster in it like that validates it, :er:… nah. 

4. Are you Supes and camp dedicated fans of the Hawks, sure. But having you come back to threads and say..

HEY GUYS LOOK I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE RESSLERS WANTING TO MAKE SOME MOVES..  it’s some gloating and you keep doing it. I’m fed up with it. Having said that, I should have moved on from your post and not shown reaction to it. The Ressler’s had me twisted yesterday and you’re non proven floating pushed me over the edge.

ps I don’t care if you’re a 700 pound guy or a 50 pound guy, you are a Hawks fan and that’s all I really give a $hit about. The extra stuff (gossip, rumors, insider bs) I’m not down wit it. 

Spud is like . . . 

Gasoline GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I got no words. You really are having some kind of mental issue or something the last few days so I'm going to complete disengage from responding or talking to you for a while. I hope things get better.

Huh? So I coherently list out what the issue is and explain my side and you chalk it up to me going through a mental breakdown? 

Right back at ya bud. 

Gimme a call when you drop the charad:sad:

15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Spud is like . . . 

Gasoline GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Nope. Last time I checked it’s not a requirement on squawk that you can’t respond to somebody falsely accusing you of calling them a liar.

I moved on but sadly @Sothron had to ding the bells 🔔 of every member here to try and OUT ME because I don’t believe he’s an insider.

I’m an innocent bystander I just won’t walk along next to @Sothron anymore. A wish him well but I think it’s best to cut our ties. I’m never gonna buy his bull$hit no matter who he drags into it. And no, we can’t be friends after that cowardly act Soth. 

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Nope. Last time I checked it’s not a requirement on squawk that you can’t respond to somebody falsely accusing you of calling them a liar.

I moved on but sadly @Sothron had to ding the bells 🔔 of every member here to try and OUT ME because I don’t believe he’s an insider.

I’m an innocent bystander I just won’t walk along next to @Sothron anymore. A wish him well but I think it’s best to cut our ties. I’m never gonna buy his bull$hit no matter who he drags into it. And no, we can’t be friends after that cowardly act Soth. 

Don't be like that Spud.  Everyone is just a little uptight and emotional right now.  Don't be like T.I. and take your chain back.

Chain Snatch GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Don't be like that Spud.  Everyone is just a little uptight and emotional right now.  Don't be like T.I. and take your chain back.

Chain Snatch GIFs | Tenor

I moved on. He’s the one begging me to still believe him. 

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of our issues revolve around one player but a lot of our franchise value revolves around that same player. 

Unless we can maintain our value as a franchise but replace the issue, we aren't going anywhere, anytime soon. To be frank, just moving that issue, isn't a fix without a proper replacement. There is chances, high chances that we won't be able to replace that said issue. 

The player I feel for is Dejounte. He's the player getting the most national flak when I really don't believe he's made us worse at all. That price tag was expensive and that's what bothers me.

• Premium Member

I actually agree with with making it public that John can seek a trade. It was clear to me his team was leaking all the information to the media. We don’t need that kind crap in the organization. So if his camp can’t find a better situation, they need to sit back and understand the situation and keep things tight lipped and recommit. If he can find something better that brings us a fair return, hen win win. 

1 hour ago, MarylandHawk said:

I actually agree with with making it public that John can seek a trade. It was clear to me his team was leaking all the information to the media. We don’t need that kind crap in the organization. So if his camp can’t find a better situation, they need to sit back and understand the situation and keep things tight lipped and recommit. If he can find something better that brings us a fair return, hen win win. 

I hope he comes up with a deal that screws the hawks and their idiot family management, profit first motivation.  They have let this city down, and we can only hope that when they do sell the team, a good buyer who wants to win (for the right reasons) will get the team.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

I hope he comes up with a deal that screws the hawks and their idiot family management, profit first motivation.  They have let this city down, and we can only hope that when they do sell the team, a good buyer who wants to win (for the right reasons) will get the team.

Don’t give up so soon my man. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

We are done debating whether insider claims are legit or not.  That was banned previously on this site.  Please revisit the pinned thread:

As noted therein, we reviewed the situation at that time and concluded the 3 people making claims of relaying insider information were doing so in good faith and not simply fabricating a narrative to get attention.  If anyone has a problem with that, please take it up with the  moderators not your fellow posters.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1