• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Is that even possible???

you wouldn't think so, but 2 SRP's for Bones when it looked like you could only purchase SRP's in packs of 5 is pretty damning.

9 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I feel bad for John, but that can be part of the NBA. Many players deal with uncertainty. It's one of those potential downfalls of being a pro athlete.

Cant believe his own team couldnt find a deal.. 

We're stuck with JC..when clearly he or CC needs to go imo..... Thanks Schlenk

its just too hard to win in this league when you are starting 3 players who cant dribble or pass and only 1 of the 3 can shoot but also capable of going 0-10 and disappearing..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

@sturt and @Dieselbeen saying that all season.  Just need to get everyone healthy and play together for 25 games....

@shakes keep up. Would ya?

But before I go there... it wasn't curious at first because it just seemed normal banter in a thread about a 25 game pledge that, self-evidently (or so I thought), was intended to get people to approach the season with some sobriety, and not to get too down on the off-season decisions that were made when, in fact, it's normal  that with roster turnover comes the necessity of getting used to each other, developing continuity, and with continuity, chemistry.

More recently, because you keep bringing it back up in other threads, it starts to seem like you're curiously angered that some people on occasion try to step back and be objective in their assessment instead of just going with their gut reaction (to put it nicely, actually). It's like it gnaws at you, and you feel, unprovoked, you just need to erupt again. Almost like you despise people for it.

So yeah, now it's evolved to become curious. What the hell is going on in shakes' life that he's like this?

That said.

It was the last MIL game that I said I would begin my own assessment of this roster. We lost that night, but by most perspectives, played well. Then we had the five game w-streak, and someone here remarked that sturt must be feeling really good about himself... but I corrected that post to say I'm in the middle of assessing the team, and sure, if things continue in that direction, all good, but honest to my previous claim, I was only assessing for-real, not coming yet to any firm conclusions. The archives will show that I said the next several games ahead of the trade deadline will be critical.

After the PHX game many if not most seemed to feel like the team had turned a corner. I remained skeptical. And it was around that time that I suggested it would make sense that the rotation of the team remain mainly intact if the team could win the DEN game. But if not, I said, I think a major deal is going to make sense if we lose to NOP... which we did, of course.

So, having let the evidence guide my conclusion, my only thing was/is just don't do a deal that shreds our roster to get a ring brat... or, just don't even get a ring brat at all. Other than that, I've been fine if not hopeful that we make a significant roster move (if not more).

It's fine to be critical of this conclusion or that, but be accurate. Attribute to people what they actually think at the time you're launching your criticism, or you're just making your perspectives irrelevant and unworthy of anyone's time to read.

Feel free to have the last word on this exchange... I'm not especially motivated to pursue it any further... since, indeed, it is irrelevant at this point.

• Premium Member

Why did we have to give up 5 2nds for Bey?

One source response: Bey has a much more hard to find skillset than Bones does. Much easier to find an offensive PG that plays no defense (Bones) than a wing player that can play defense and hit three's (Bey). Also feels that Bey gives us a trade asset in the offseason should we need it.

@NBASupes has said this for months but I think people need to realize the truth of it. Big wing players that are 3 & D are just very hard to come by in the NBA and as a result it drives their value artificially up. It is just like the 1980's when every team needed at least two if not three solid centers. Now you need at least 2 if not three big wing players in the modern NBA. We now have two.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

He was disrespected but at the same time he is getting 25 million dollars … 

I understand John's frustration, but people put up with a lot more crap at their jobs for way less $$$. 25 million dollars definitely should make all the trade rumors go down a lot easier. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, DS5 said:

So if Bogi is still here, and considering we gave up 5 2nd rounders for Bey...whose minutes is he getting? Is he taking mins from AJ and JJ? 

Great question. The plan was for Bogi to be gone and AJ take his minutes, Bey takes minutes as Hunter's backup and JJ stays as backup PF. 

Now? I dunno. It sounds like we had a deal lined up for Bogi that fell through and now he's still here.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JC signed that contract and I said we were married to him due to the overpay 

JC signed that contract and I said we were married to him due to the overpay 

I have to ask why are all your posts having you repeat yourselves in them? I know the site went down the other day is that why?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bogi should at least see reduced minutes. 30+ minutes are too many for him.  If he's on fire, let him play otherwise he should be on the bench.

I concur. I think you just replaced an unplayable wing with two playable wings, so it makes it a whole lot easier to manage BogBog's minutes.

Might make him more effective, too, with less playing time. Could be important to post season.

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Why did we have to give up 5 2nds for Bey?

One source response: Bey has a much more hard to find skillset than Bones does. Much easier to find an offensive PG that plays no defense (Bones) than a wing player that can play defense and hit three's (Bey). Also feels that Bey gives us a trade asset in the offseason should we need it.

@NBASupes has said this for months but I think people need to realize the truth of it. Big wing players that are 3 & D are just very hard to come by in the NBA and as a result it drives their value artificially up. It is just like the 1980's when every team needed at least two if not three solid centers. Now you need at least 2 if not three big wing players in the modern NBA. We now have two.

Huh?

Bey has not been a good defender through his first three seasons. He does not have the foot speed to stay in front of most wings, and he is a liability overall as an on-ball defender.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

@Sothron I am not repeating what I write. That's this site malfunctioning 

@Sothron I am not repeating what I write. That's this site malfunctioning 

But I don't see it happening with anyone else?

I am showing my age but it is like the Insecticon that repeated his last few words in every sentence. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1