• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Mitch was just a much better player as a SG. You can make a case that JJ is far more versatile than Mitch but Mitch was a 5x All NBA player and he fit the prototype that coaches, GMs, and owners want at the SG position. JJ made more ASGs than Reggie Miller but Miller is another superior SG. 

I don't even remember JJ playing in the Olympics. 

Reggie was mostly a one trick pony and Mitch didn't really elevate many teams.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Norman being better than Al is not a reality.

I'm not a big fan of AL, but he was surely better than Ken Norman.

I think everyone very clearly knows that.  Some people are rubbing Supes.

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

Quin wants more shooting in the front court to create more spacing in the offense. My guess based off conversations with my Hawks sources is that Capela is the most likely to be traded with OO and JC taking turns playing at the 5. 

Interesting! 

I recently mentioned would Quinn consider starting JC at the 5 and bringing in another forward instead of a true center. Completely tossing the idea of bigger size “center” may not be as crazy as it sounds when it comes to front court improvement.

JC and OO would definitely have size matchup issues playing center full time but it’s worth looking at if we can bring in another good talented player to the front court.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, kg01 said:

is everybody comin'?

I’m waiting to see the guest list to determine if I’m going….

also to see if I’m on the list. 

@kg01 I brought this apple pie 🥧 last year and by the end of the night AHF was in the couch 🛋️ using his index and middle fingers to scoop up what was left of it.

I’ll bring the pie 🥧 again..

I love watching AHF get sloppy after 10pm :mellow: I mean ummmm, on the couch.. with the food.. 

oh boi, burd don’t send the mama cat it’s way early.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

I don't have any sources but seems damn likely we are making moves. Don't care how spirited the team played in that series against Boston, it was clear the talent on our squad was just inferior to the talent on that squad. 

Like AHF mentioned I think the biggest thing will be well who can get us the best return? Unfortuneately for the Hawks I don't think JC and Caps value is high right now. Hunter may be the centerpiece of the best potential deal we could make but I think he's the frontcourt starter they are less enthused about trading so it's not the ideal situation. I'm guessing KAT, JB and Ayton are probably the "big" targets we will be looking at. I think for KAT and JB Dejaunte Murray may be included. 

• Like 2

This might be old news around here but.............................

Is Prunty staying or going?

Hopefully Nate's son is already out the door...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, terrell said:

Snyder let go of all of Nate’s leftovers! 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Prunty is gone, coach replaced everyone from under Nate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Um. Unless there's been some new report this week, maybe not everyone.

2023-05-12_17-11-16.png

Thought I read somewhere it was everyone, but if this is more up to date that's nice. Couldn't find anything about who is currently on staff outside of the hired guys.

6 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

I don't have any sources but seems damn likely we are making moves. Don't care how spirited the team played in that series against Boston, it was clear the talent on our squad was just inferior to the talent on that squad. 

Like AHF mentioned I think the biggest thing will be well who can get us the best return? Unfortuneately for the Hawks I don't think JC and Caps value is high right now. Hunter may be the centerpiece of the best potential deal we could make but I think he's the frontcourt starter they are less enthused about trading so it's not the ideal situation. I'm guessing KAT, JB and Ayton are probably the "big" targets we will be looking at. I think for KAT and JB Dejaunte Murray may be included. 

I agree except that I believe we lost to Boston because of execution. Brown said as much too, we were right there but didn’t execute as well as Boston who has been together for years.

I think we could still use an upgrade, but cleaning up our execution and Quinn’s added focus on small details will do wonders to bringing out the best in our young guys. 

There is not a huge talent gap between us and the top of the East. Boston has two superstars in their prime, but it’s their chemistry and execution that sets them apart.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Boston who has been together for years

Amen.

46 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

it’s their chemistry and execution that sets them apart

Bless you.

47 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Quinn’s added focus on small details will do wonders to bringing out the best in our young guys

Preach.

Remembering where that team was a mere 16 months ago is to embrace reason over emotion.

2023-05-06_20-53-31.png

• Like 1