• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Jae Crowder is someone we need.   I would love to see what the pick plus Capela or Collins would net.    Bogi could be traded.     I don’t see us dealing Hunter or Murray.    Griffin and JJ stay too

just my opinion 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, thecampster said:

Hawks are interested in trading out of the 15th pick to combine with a vet for a roster upgrade. They are not convinced the 15th pick can help them in the next 2 seasons. If no one intrigues them at 15, they may trade it for future picks to make up for what they've traded away beyond this year.

Quinn is valuing the ability to guard 3 positions to stop teams from hunting players in switches. Player movement will center around moving players who can't guard 3 positions. Quinn feels Trae turns a mediocre offensive player into a functional offensive player. Turns good into great.  He's willing to downgrade offense to get more complete defensive players around Trae.

Specific players on the roster have been given marching orders to work on their perimeter defense if they want the minutes they think they deserve. Bigs need to be able to guard down on the perimeter. Smaller players need to get better at dig downs and doubles in the post.

Offseason players being targeted will be targeted because they can do the above and cause changes of possession (turnovers and blocks) as well as can create longer clocks.  This is the interesting thing I was told.  It was how quick other teams possessions were against us. He wants opposing offenses to have to work for their scores to slow momentum.

On momentum.  Teams could score quickly on us through isolation, targeting and forcing switches.  It led to them erasing leads quickly and limited our "pressure" on the scoreboard.  Teams didn't fear the Hawks getting up by 10 because they felt they could erase that in 4 possessions in a minute and a half.  Quinn wants teams to feel uncomfortable when we get a lead.  More forced turnovers, longer possessions on defense.  Players that can create that.

Hmmm... sounds familiar... ohhhh... yeahhhh... soooooo... kinda like this that I saw the other day??? 🙃😋😇

2023-05-26_19-51-04.png

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Bogi just signed that big extension. Doubt he’s going anywhere. I don’t even know if he is eligible to be traded right now.

Could be wrong, but I think it's a 6-month waiting period after signing an extension.

Could be wrong on this too, but I think it was Brad Rowland who theorized immediately after the extension was announced that maybe the FO felt the extension would make BogBog more  marketable in trade... ie, given how there are decreases, and in light of the anticipated growth of the salary cap for the near future.

12 minutes ago, sturt said:

People should be and are allowed to be cynical on this board.

People should be and are allowed to try to be funny on this board.

But this mini-campaign of Spud's to call into question the integrity of Soth, and now I see Supes too, is not okay. It wasn't okay the first time. It wasn't okay the second time. And I don't pretend to know how many more times this has been his scthick b/c I've generally made it a point to manually avoid encountering Spud's posts... whatever respect I once had for the guy is largely evaporated due specifically to this new low.

I can and often do, of course, disrespect what other posters think and say... all of us do. We don't all agree. I can and often do take note of how posters interact with other specific posters, and may even comment on that, and may even make light of that. And I'm not alone.

What is rare is for a poster to comment on the character of another poster. And that should be less than rare. It should be non-existent. Blatantly suggesting that specific posters have lied is a slap in their faces when that happens, and imo, should not be tolerated. Ever.

Generally agree with this. Especially as it pertains to insider posts. I'll just say there's one poster on here that is allowed to routinely twist what others say and, frankly, lie about what people have said. I'm certainly guilty of calling out that BS.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

15 plus CC = ?

#15 plus JC = ?

#15 plus Dre = ?

#15 plus Bogi = ?

15 plus CC =  Better be a good Center.

#15 plus JC = Need to be a starting PF. 

#15 plus Dre = Salary Cap relief. 

#15 plus Bogi = A Mistake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, sturt said:

ven if we imagine a scenario where a poster would have evidence, that's a PM conversation with mods first. But to my knowledge, Spud has never brought any proof to back up his suggestions in this way. He just thinks he's getting laughs. In the contest between getting laughs and crapping on someone else's character, his priority is clear. *sigh

I thought we agreed to look at it as just entertainment so that we won't reach a serious level of accusation and character call out.   That way people don't get their character questioned... and other people don't feel lied to.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Bogi just signed that big extension. Doubt he’s going anywhere. I don’t even know if he is eligible to be traded right now.

There is typically a 6 month wait to be eligible to be traded after a veteran extension, but I think I remember reading that only if the extended contract in the first year is 'some percentage' larger than the previous contract amount. [I don't remember the exact info though]. 

Bogi declined his $18 mil PO, then extended with a starting salary of $18.7 million - so his extension in year 1 may not be large enough (only 700k more) to trigger the 6 month waiting period.

Or maybe I just made all that up 🤓 [I'll see if I can find it]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, terrell said:

Not Bogi.... We cant lose More shooting....

Not saying I want to move him but From camps post

He's willing to downgrade offense to get more complete defensive players around Trae.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, sturt said:

Hmmm... sounds familiar... ohhhh... yeahhhh... soooooo... kinda like this that I saw the other day??? 🙃😋😇

2023-05-26_19-51-04.png

Feels like 15 + a vet like CC is an overpay for either of those guys, unless they've shown more potential than I'm thinking they have.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, akay said:

like CC

Wait. I'm lost. CC? That's not the proposal.

I could have missed something, and don't have time to study it, but I believe you should read into anything Jay posts the presumption that Peter Antony is not going to pay tax... and therefore, she automatically starts from the square that says any trade as camp has suggested will require one of our larger salaries going out.

I don't disparage the possibility she's right, but I also don't disparage those who've reported that the owner is going to be persuaded to pay tax for this season.

Regardless.... the trade is Bey + #15 + filler.

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

A Brown trade concerns me because of the cost. If we gotta give up draft picks and young players then that's gonna hurt. I might rather try to get him in a sign and trade next summer or at the trade deadline, when the cost would go down.

It will sting but talent attracts premium veteran role players that are more helpful than young players on a contending team.  If you had Trae, Murray, and Jaylen then you need specialized role players who aren't learning how to play defense.  You also make one of the top teams in the east into a much lesser team.  If Harden and Jaylen leave their teams, and we add Brown that potentially moves us way up the food chain in the east.  

I've brought up Alex Len multiple times over the past couple years.  Trae took a guy who almost didn't belong in the league and had him in the top 10 recipients for lobs.  It seems like Quin believes in Trae's ability to get guys easy shots and is going to value their defensive fit more than offensive ability.   

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I could see us...  Going with a DJM+ OO for Brown trade. 

Then turning around and using 15 + Hunter to Bring in another big. 

I will have a would you do it for today later.  But I could see it.