• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

This is precisely the kind of opinions that fuels Trae's hero mentality even when it is obvious that he is not the best Hawk player in a given game.

@Peoriabird  @terrell

It may be your opinion that Trae is not the best Hawks Player.   And every player in the league has BAD Games.   And Every Player in the league goes through slumps.  And we're not Skip Bayless not being able to talk about Trae HONESTLY like Skip's not able to talk honestly about Brady.  But what is your motivation when you only post to point out the bad games?  Is that being a fan?  Can you be honest about the good that Trae does as well as the bad that Trae does?  Can you keep the Same Energy?  The truth is it seems like you can't...  I know that my questions will end up with some statement about being a Trae stan or whatever dismissive comment you want to suggest.  Yeah, I take dismissiveness as admittance. 

However, I would love it if you took the time to think about my questions.  Because Peo... the only time we hear from you is after a loss.  The only thing we hear from you is negative talk about the Hawks.   You and I both have long histories here on HS, and just as much as I hated us picking Marvin Williams, eventually, I rooted for him because he wore the Hawks Jersey.  Why is it that you can't root for Trae because he wears the Hawks Jersey.  There is a way to be critical without being outright dismissive.   However, you've never seem to find that balance.   Your critique comes off as pure Hatred.  And for most fans of this board... that pure hatred is the only thing we ever see from you.   These are your talking points:

1.  Trae is bad for the team. 
  2.  Let's trade Trae for a sandwhich.
  3.  Such and Such player is a better leader/player than Trae. 
  4.  Trae is not the best Hawk player. 

What part of the Hawks are you a fan of??   I would love to know.  IN fact a lot of us would.   Now, I'm not one to put a lot of people on the ignore list because I believe that everybody can have a valid point.   Even Terrell?   So I'm not going to ignore you unless you become disrespectful.   But what is it about this Hawks team that you like... Maybe if we can find out that you like something about the Hawks, we can meet there. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Sothron said:

Don't make the mods job any harder than it has to be. Just ignore the ones that deserve to be ignored and you'll never see their posts again...unless someone quotes them which I personally hate.

@Sothron,  we go way back... like rocking chairs...  I've heard you make this statement before.   It's your M.O and I'm not asking you to change it at all.   I just wanted to share the reason I don't adopt it.    Some people do come here to talk about the Hawks.   They do have opinions that differ from our own.  The sometimes do come off as "not our cup of tea".  But to silence them and to ask the whole board to silence them to me feels wrong.   If they are totally disrespectful of everyone.. yes.. i agree .. because at that point, it's no longer a discussion.   And there have been times that I have been attacked with personal attacks and name calling on HS and left mad because the mods just shrugged their shoulders and said just ignore them.  Because I know if we met in the street, those names would never come out of their mouths.   Their twitter fingers gives them boldness to say stuff that they shouldn't. 

But for people who are fans of the Hawks and do want to have a conversation about the Hawks but whose conversation style may not be our cup of tea and whose opinion is different than ours, I don't think that's a person that the board should shun...  At that point, we stop being a board that inclusive of all and start being one who is only interested in people who will only believe what "I" believe.  That's not Hawksquawk.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

@Sothron,  we go way back... like rocking chairs...  I've heard you make this statement before.   It's your M.O and I'm not asking you to change it at all.   I just wanted to share the reason I don't adopt it.    Some people do come here to talk about the Hawks.   They do have opinions that differ from our own.  The sometimes do come off as "not our cup of tea".  But to silence them and to ask the whole board to silence them to me feels wrong.   If they are totally disrespectful of everyone.. yes.. i agree .. because at that point, it's no longer a discussion.   And there have been times that I have been attacked with personal attacks and name calling on HS and left mad because the mods just shrugged their shoulders and said just ignore them.  Because I know if we met in the street, those names would never come out of their mouths.   Their twitter fingers gives them boldness to say stuff that they shouldn't. 

But for people who are fans of the Hawks and do want to have a conversation about the Hawks but whose conversation style may not be our cup of tea and whose opinion is different than ours, I don't think that's a person that the board should shun...  At that point, we stop being a board that inclusive of all and start being one who is only interested in people who will only believe what "I" believe.  That's not Hawksquawk.

To be fair there's only two people on my ignore list after goodness knows how many years here. The fake chiropractor or surgeon or doctor or whatever else they feel like being at the time and the one outright troll already mentioned in this thread.

They aren't here to talk on a fan level. They only come here to attack the team and its players and other posters  here that are actually fans. I have never said that someone's opinion should be silenced just because they have a dissenting opinion. @terrellis 90% negative but he at least says something when the team is playing well. 

I gave the advice to ignore a user because we've seen too many times where people get into each other on personal levels and there's never a need for that. When you get attacked occasionally I don't put in a laughing emoji I ask the person to stop because its disrespectful. Usually if people can calm down and wait a day or two they can go back and talk like rational human beings. 

You are right about the internet making everyone brave. I just want us to be civil on these boards. We both are old enough to remember the Squawk when it was knives in your hand or a six shooter on your belt just to have an opinion on here. I never want to see this place go back to that. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, Diesel said:

@Peoriabird  @terrell

These are your talking points:

1.  Trae is bad for the team. 
  2.  Let's trade Trae for a sandwhich.
  3.  Such and Such player is a better leader/player than Trae. 
  4.  Trae is not the best Hawk player. 

You have to be talking about someone else because you have never read from my post that Trae is bad for the team.  You never read one trade proposal for Trae or even one suggestion that he traded in any of my post. I never said that Trae isn't the best player on the team I was merely pointing out that Murray can have amazing games while Trae isn't which makes Murray the best player that night. 

Ok you got me on leadership. I don't think Trae is a good leader.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You have to be talking about someone else because you have never read from my post that Trae is bad for the team.  You never read one trade proposal for Trae or even one suggestion that he traded in any of my post. I never said that Trae isn't the best player on the team I was merely pointing out that Murray can have amazing games while Trae isn't which makes Murray the best player that night. 

Ok you got me on leadership. I don't think Trae is a good leader.

@Peoriabird

Ok.. we can start with Murray then.  I agree... I would love to see Murray doing more of what he did during the streak.  I don't think Trae took exception to that either.   I saw true comradarie from those guys.   I happen to believe that our offense isn't built for a confluence of Trae's game and DJ's game but I credit DJ for becoming more SG than OG in this offense.   In my other post, I said that our new HC will have a lot of work to do.   Some of it is culture and mentality.. but the bulk of it is Xs and Os.   If we had the right culture and the right Xs and Os, this offense will sing and we'd be hard to stop.   I think sometimes, Nate's offense slips into a good place but I don't thnk it's built for our personnel and I don't fault Nate for that.  He is who he is.   I remember the Big Tuna talking about Player acquisition and I agreed with him.  He basically said, you want me to cook the meal but won't let me take part in buying the food.   Well, we know what Nate is going to cook.  Steak Diane with Potato frites.  Every time.  Sometimes, that Steak Diane is delicious.. but that's what he knows how to cook.   He pan cooks the Steak.. and a lot of fans wonder why doesn't he just sous vide everything...  We see other teams with the sous vide steak and say.. Nate you should be Sous viding that steak.   The problem is Nate doesn't know how to sous vide... so we're asking him to do something totally out of his wheel house.   I can't blame him for that.   I do blame him for dumb things like inbounding with Trae or pulling the man with the hot hand... but Xs and Os.. I have no criticism.. because I know what we're going to get. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

To be fair there's only two people on my ignore list after goodness knows how many years here. The fake chiropractor or surgeon or doctor or whatever else they feel like being at the time and the one outright troll already mentioned in this thread.

They aren't here to talk on a fan level. They only come here to attack the team and its players and other posters  here that are actually fans. I have never said that someone's opinion should be silenced just because they have a dissenting opinion. @terrellis 90% negative but he at least says something when the team is playing well. 

I gave the advice to ignore a user because we've seen too many times where people get into each other on personal levels and there's never a need for that. When you get attacked occasionally I don't put in a laughing emoji I ask the person to stop because its disrespectful. Usually if people can calm down and wait a day or two they can go back and talk like rational human beings. 

You are right about the internet making everyone brave. I just want us to be civil on these boards. We both are old enough to remember the Squawk when it was knives in your hand or a six shooter on your belt just to have an opinion on here. I never want to see this place go back to that. 

I can only say AMEN to everything you've said.   I hate to pack up the knives and my trusty six shooter.   It took time for me to see that the streets were different.   Where's Walter?   Who was the dude impersonating Babcock?    May have been Supes....   I kid. I kid.   but Shunning (to me) is a hard verdict.. .but I understand it if the need arises. 

The Gif Wars. No Words. Just Gifs. Let's talk with images. - Page 396

• Like 1