• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I had a lot of negative things to say about Trae after we drafted him. At this point there's no way to deny that he is way too selfish down the stretch in games. He literally just stops running an offense and goes into hero ball mode in any close game in the last three to four minutes. The last few games he was NOT doing that and we won five straight. He goes back into that way of playing and we lose. 

This isn't just this season. It is every season by him. I love Trae but you have to be objective. His mindset in close games is horrible. Just horrible.

Agreed

This loss is on our highest paid player just completely F'n around the entire 2nd half thinking this game was in the bag. Lazy passing, ball hogging, TERRIBLE shots. He is a HORRIBLE teammate and leader of men imo. A pure prima donna. Nate sucked, but this is on max player who doesn't take his opponents, or his JOB as a PG seriously.  Ima start calling him YMCA Trae.. smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I bet Trae took that 5 second penalty just to show up Nate. I would not for a second put that past him. 

I have watched Trae for 5 years. I don't trust him at all late in games. Other than free throws and oops, he is shakey business.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

If the players had an effective game plan to execute, it doesn't even come down to that.

Id agree with this take if they hadnt just played five games of excellent team ball.  To me it looks like our guards get in their feelings just as much as Nate isnt giving us a great blueprint.  Trae has to learn he doesnt have the size to play predictable hero ball like Lebron or KD or Luka.  He needs to close games out like CP3, with playmaking and being a floor general.  He has to be OK deferring important shots to DJ or Hunter or whoever if we want to take it to the next level.  I’m fine if he wants to iso cook a shitty defender but he never respects good defenders and ends up putting up bad shots 

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

His shots were terrible in the last game as well. Plus the guy has committed 24 turnovers over the last 4 games.

Must drive Nate old school ass crazy.. 

He's probably trying to get fired.

Letting Trae inbound leads me to believe he is.. smh

Edited by terrell

26 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I bet Trae took that 5 second penalty just to show up Nate. I would not for a second put that past him. 

Did you see Nate after that? He literally yelled at Trae (got in his face) while he was on the bench afterwards. Did seem odd that Trae didn't even throw it in (twice) and took the penalty.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Must drive Nate old school ass crazy.. 

He's probably trying to get fired.

Letting Trae inbound leads me to believe he is.. smh

No...Nate is tired of fighting the fans and Media who are convinced that Trae is a superstar who wins games.  I continue to hear that the Hawks need to make trades because the rest of the team is holding Young back.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

Everyone blaming Nate … how about the fact that Trae missed Dre coming over for what would’ve been a relatively open 3 before he threw it off Plumlee???? Nate tell him to do that too?? SMH. More frustrated with Trae tonight than I may have been all season.

Nate's the one who had the smallest man on the team inbounding  the ball against a seven footer.  Poor judgment to the nth degree.

Edited by Watchman

58 minutes ago, JTB said:

I love Ice Trae but Murray is our closer this season. I feel like the hall should have been in his hands in the 4th.

that’s not to say Trae shouldn’t take any shots I just think Murray should control the ball end of games this season.

I don’t have any words for Mcmillian pulling AJ after a 10pt quarter. I feel like this may have been a momentum shift going the wrong way. That wasn’t a good game to lose …especially at home.

The problem is that they started to double Murray to prevent him from getting to his spot.  They were blitzing both he and Trae.  

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Did you see Nate after that? He literally yelled at Trae (got in his face) while he was on the bench afterwards. Did seem odd that Trae didn't even throw it in (twice) and took the penalty.

He was mad about inbounding the ball so he didnt even try to inbound it. We are paying this guy a quarter billion dollars. 

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

No...Nate is tired of fighting the fans and Media who are convinced that Trae is a superstar who wins games.  I continue to hear that the Hawks need to make trades because the rest of the team is holding Young back.

Nah Atl media is kinda turning on Trae.. Well some of them anyway..

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

He was mad about inbounding the ball so he didnt even try to inbound it. We are paying this guy a quarter billion dollars. 

He saw JC open and ignored him... It was Murray or nothing for some reason..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No one is firing Nate after a loss like this.  Yes, he did make some mistakes, mainly by taking AJ out for Collins at the end, and not having a taller guy throw the ball in, but this is mainly on the players.

The Ressler  boys ain't gonna fire Nate.  That would cost them more money out of pocket.  Can't you hear the little birdies chirping?   Cheap, cheap cheap!

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Nate specifically said the play was for Dre or DJ, if Trae tossed it to JC and it didn't work ya'll would complain that Trae went against Nate's play call. LOL.

Doesn't discount the fact that Trae was horrible down the stretch but the ' he didn't throw it in because he was mad at Nate or something like that' is stupid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nate specifically said the play was for Dre or DJ, if Trae tossed it to JC and it didn't work ya'll would complain that Trae went against Nate's play call. LOL.

Doesn't discount the fact that Trae was horrible down the stretch but the ' he didn't throw it in because he was mad at Nate or something like that' is stupid.

The fact he didn't even include our best 3 point shooter possibly who hasn't missed one all game in Griffin in this play is absurd to me. 

• Like 2